Not open for further replies.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Welcome to Dready's mod Spa!

DMS.logo.fullres.jpg

Dready's Mod Spa is just me, formerly dreadymark, doing custom patinas on brass or copper mechanical mods, Reo doors, and certain rda AFC rings, in particular the Nuppin' bottom fed rda. I keep several mods on hand, both ready to ship as well as new in the box, naked, waiting for a patina. Also available are brass Reo doors (Grand & Mini) and Nuppin' AFC rings. Additionally, I enjoy special requests; a good way is to reference a piece in the gallery I have previously done, or perhaps a reference to something (ie water, space, wood, etc). You are also welcome to send your mod to the Spa for a rejuvenating patina.

One note about me, Mark. I'm a stay at home dad and that is my main job. I spend the rest of my waking hours doing this. What this means to you is that I am often able to respond to questions rather quickly, but I am not a typical business. My hours are sporatic and my time is finite, so at certain times or for certain requests there may be a bit of a queue of work lined up. If you purchase an item shown in the other thread that is ready to go, I usually ship same or next day. For custom work my goal is usually to turn around a piece within a week or two. Sometimes it's less, and a couple times a little longer. I encourage a dialog, via PM, leading up to a custom job, so we'll always be on the same page.

This will serve as the main thread for viewing the gallery of previous patina work I have done, provide information for anything related to patinas, upcoming releases, inquiries, and any and all general chit chat.

To view currently available mods, doors, and AFC rings, check out the Store at: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modder-accessories-supplier-forum/621888-dreadys-mod-spa-shop-available-patinas.html. This thread will showcase ONLY patinas available for purchase. Once an item has sold it will be deleted from the thread. The thread will also have comments disabled, for the sake of continuity once an object has sold, so direct all comments and inquiries to this, chit chat thread.

PRICING AND PURCHASING

- Pricing for currently available work will be posted along with the photo and description on the Shop thread.

-Pricing for custom work varies, depending on a number of factors: patina type, device type, and other factors can greatly affect the amount of time and cost of materials for a given look. Again, all those factors will determine the price and I will be very open and upfront with you on these factors. One of my favorite aspects of doing this is working closely with people (figuratively) to try to achieve the perfect "look" they want. Feel free to be as involved as you like throughout the process.

-ALL purchases, for now, go through sending me a PM and then payment via PayPal.

PATINA MAINTENANCE

Patinas are somewhat fragile, although the extensive sealing process adds a great deal of strength to them. That said, it is still important to handle your patina with care. To maintain its luster, I recommend using a microfiber or polishing cloth regularly. If you begin to get small scratches you can gently use a little rubbing compound to smooth it out, then follow with a polish (Mother's, Renaissance, etc.). DO NOT use any products containing acetone as it will strip the finish! If you get a chip in it, all is not necessarily lost; snap a pic and send it to me and I'll assess what we can do to get it all fixed up.

Patinas will continue to evolve, slightly, for a while. Subtle changes may occur in the coloring over the first couple months. Do not be alarmed if you notice this. If you want to see a most current pic of an available patina that has been up for a while, feel free to ask and I'll give you a real time look.

Last edited:
Reactions: KentA

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Brass Reo Doors - Grand & Mini

20141008-untitled009-Edit241_zps8a0bb6fa.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Nothing completes the look of you Reo like a patina door. I can do Grand and Mini sizes, engraved, and SL also. Pricing for the doors is basically $70 for a regular door in either size, $75 for an engraved, and $80 for an SL. These differences reflect not only the cost difference for me to acquire, but also the amount of extra labor involved.

I try to always keep some in the Available Patinas, but feel free to reach out with special requests if you don't see what you are looking for in stock. Custom orders can affect the price, but not usually.

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I'm being pulled away for a bit, but I'll be back later to continue adding pics and info.

In the meantime, please feel free to post pics of your Dready Patinas here! If you previously posted one on the old thread, I'd encourage you to post it again here so those who visit in the future can see it and here your experience also :)

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Hey guys, thanks for making the move on over here! Yes, this is the new home. I'm trying to make it easier to see what's available, so I made this thread for everything else and will be making a "Shop Available Patinas" thread later this evening. SInce I can only have two threads it seemed like the best way to do it, per all the great feedback I recieved.

DB, every time I see that Oros... such a good mod. The FUhattan I just got and the Infinite Stingray X are the only clones I've had that equal its quality.

PSA: Got some outgoing vapemail set to ship tomorrow. Pretty much everything in the queue but the Nuppins, which are still another day or two out. Technically I could ship them, but we all know how we all are when we get vapemail; no way any of us could wait a few days without letting 'er rip ;)

Anyhow, since this is my new home, I'm going to continue getting settled in and put on some tunes; got ACB in the Reo Grand/Nuppin' combo = awesome.

Last edited:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Last edited:

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
Mechanical Mods

Any brass or copper mod can be patina'd, unfortunately Stainless Steel cannot. There are a variety of different looks one can go for. Typically, copper turns blue more than brass, which leans more toward green. We can preserve engravings, mask areas with custom decals, and many other creative choice including color staining over the patina pattern. Pricing varies based on the mod, process, and possible other factors which we can discuss. I will always have a few in the Shop thread for sale, some ready to patina, and I can also order one per request. But... I can also do a custom patina on a mod you already own. Send me a PM for all purchase inquiries.

Both metals have there merits, as you will see. I'll show a few below.

-Blue/Green on Tiger Bronze w/speckles
20140816-Morpheus19650Patina002_zpsc9765821.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

-Burled wood look
20140816-untitled001_zpse073154d.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20140924-oros001_zpsbdd75f42.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

-Blue Copper
[URL=http://s835.photobucket.com/user/Mark_Shallenberg/media/20140902-slojopatina003-2_zps592b781f.jpg.html]
[IMG]http://i835.photobucket.com/albums/zz276/Mark_Shallenberg/20140902-slojopatina003-2_zps592b781f.jpg[/URL][/IMG]
20140921-akuma18500002_zps6f677c3b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

-Unique looks
20140909-sirlancelot007-Edit176_zps793ad6b6.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20141005-Stingraymerber002_zps754a77d4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
20141022-XXIXset001_zps7c60bb9a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I bought a green, a blue (gifted to Novena) and now I am considering the wood burl look for my next purchase. I love distortoblotto's mod and door.

How does a person get on the nuppin patina list? I was finding your progress on those interesting.

Hey there Peng ! Consider yourself on the list now for a Nuppin AFC :) I have a run of 6 black sleeves going out tomorrow, all spoken for, but the next black run is wide open. As for fancy patinas. I have a couple finished, and several more almost complete. The list is still very manageable, so I hope to put up 1/2 dozen or more this week and clear the queue. Any particular look you want to go for?

Mark Howard

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
www.dreadysmodspa.com
I have a run of 6 black sleeves going out tomorrow, all spoken for, but the next black run is wide open.

Hey guys & gals waiting for a Black Nuppin sleeve. Sorry to mislead you with that post, but I just peaked at them and I don't think it's time yet, my bad. Another day or so for these to be proper. I hope you are all ok with that. They're going to be great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread