Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I got a couple, but now I need to know how they function, what they are for in detail, and is the fact that the 510-510 extension is necessary due to the fact they are sealed at the bottom and so they won't leak into the connector or juice well of the battery/mod? I am confused but I ordered a couple anyway...:blush: If anyone can give me a detailed explanation I would greatly appreciate it.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Yes, you need the extender in order to fully seal the unit so it doesn't leak. Make sure the air holes on the side of the drip shield are at the TOP, it won't serve its purpose well if those holes are at the bottom ;-)

The lower o-ring will seal around the body of the extender and the upper o-ring seals around the atty, so the only places for anything to go in/out will be up at the top (your drip tip and the air holes on the drip shield). The drip shield prevents juice from leaking out of the atty, it will contain any excess and allow you to vape it instead of wiping it off your mod. When you take a draw, air is pulled in through those holes on the drip shield and from there down into the atty connector, pulling any collected juice back into the atty in the process

They're great for someone like me who often tends to over-drip ;-)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
That really was a great explanation!!! I need to copy and paste it and put it on my site!!!! I use mine without an adapter on my Indulgence and on my Xhaler and it works good , but I'm not sure I would recommend it. They also work on 901's without an adapter. That is actually what they were initially designed to work with. Thanks
DRew

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Mutt, you can use either sealed or not and it will work fine as far as giving you enough clearance to seat the drip shield below the atty. Even using an open-post connector, you will still have much less leakage than using no drip shield (I often do, since I don't keep them separated in storage I'll just use whatever I grab out of my adapter stash), but using a sealed connector makes it practically impossible to leak (unless you have a damaged o-ring)

Some devices won't require an extender, like Drew mentions. Look at an eGo connector, for example (or the Indulgence, now that I looked at the pic of it on the Nhaler site). The 510 connection is raised in such a way that you can just slide the shield down over that, instead. Can be a little messier when removing it, though

Drewsworld said:
That really was a great explanation!!!

Thanks :) If you do use it for the site, you'll probably want to re-write it a little. I tend to ramble sometimes and can be hard to follow, though I've gotten better at that ;-)

Last edited:

Kami

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2011
Ireland, TX
...........but using a sealed connector makes it practically impossible to leak (unless you have a damaged o-ring)

Some devices won't require an extender, like Drew mentions. Look at an eGo connector, for example (or the Indulgence, now that I looked at the pic of it on the Nhaler site). The 510 connection is raised in such a way that you can just slide the shield down over that, instead. Can be a little messier when removing it, though

I guess I am a wee bit confused........ I am using a 510 wide-bridge atomizer and it seems to leak a bit from the bottom of the 510 thread base....where the base meets the battery connection..... I am using a GG Stealth as my pv and do not understand how a drip shield, sealed or not, would prevent this.....so what am I missing:confused:

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
The drip shield installed properly will contain any juice that leaks out of the atomizer. This is why an extender is needed on most mods (including the Stealth). The lower o-ring has to seal around that extender so that the juice that leaks out of the atomizer has nowhere to go

Hold on, BRB. let me fire up my horrible Paint skills ;-)

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
I guess I am a wee bit confused........ I am using a 510 wide-bridge atomizer and it seems to leak a bit from the bottom of the 510 thread base....where the base meets the battery connection..... I am using a GG Stealth as my pv and do not understand how a drip shield, sealed or not, would prevent this.....so what am I missing:confused:
Read his first explanation to my post, that's what this whole thing was about.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Here ya go, kami, this is a basic cross-section of a properly installed drip shield

2eowkxv.jpg

Juice that leaks out of the connector end of the atomizer will be trapped in the space between the atomizer and drip shield. The upper and lower o-rings seal this area off so the juice doesn't wind up leaking all over your hand or mod.

I forgot picture the air holes, those are near the top and just below the upper o-ring, that's where the air is coming in from when you take a drag and will pull some of the juice that leaks out back into the atomizer along with the air

Hope that helps :)

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
That really was a great explanation!!! I need to copy and paste it and put it on my site!!!! I use mine without an adapter on my Indulgence and on my Xhaler and it works good , but I'm not sure I would recommend it. They also work on 901's without an adapter. That is actually what they were initially designed to work with. Thanks
DRew
Yes Drew, you should.901s-that makes sense...longer, with air holes at bottom on the sides and not in the connector itself, you wouldn't need an extension even to seal it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread