Status
Not open for further replies.

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Question for KJ...with the 901...I've got the adapter but it's not sealed and I've got the drip shield around the atty below the air holes...so it seems this does not keep the over spill from going into the juice well of my mod. So do I need to add the sealed 510-510 shorty extension between the mod and the 901-510 adapter to seal the whole system? And then slide the shield down over the extension?

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
Using the sealed 510 and bringing the shield lower will definitely work. Even though the bulk of the air intake on a 901 is through the side hole, the connector still has an opening that juice can potentially leak out of. If the center posts of your adapter and mod connector are flat rather than slotted, then you won't have too much of this, but may still have some. Use a stealth adapter and the sealed 510 extender and you probably won't even notice the extra length.

I'm no expert on their use with 901s, I don't use those attys often. When I have used a 901 and shield, I used the adapters mentioned above and set the lower o-ring of the drip shield just below the stealth adapter

siouxsie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks buddy. My adapters are not stealth (I assume stealth = shorter) and it has a slot for raising and lowering the post, I guess, so I was getting a little leakage so I'm gonna go with the sealed extension, like the ones sold here. The few extra mm doesn't bother me, I'm just getting to like these drip shields. :)

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I pay and charge a little more for mine because of what I blieve to be a better quality. Honestly they all wear out. I think mine last a little longer but they are the only ones I use now...I had three different versions , before I settled for the ones I currently sell and they were both MUCH cheaper priced...I shorted a couple out and had a close call with mechanical mods and almost ruined one of the first run Darwins and decided that the couple extra dollars were worth it to me.
BTW I am in Nashville until Monday with my son at the TSA (Technology Students Association) Nationals...Any good vape spots down here?
Just found out he made the top ten into the finals in Animatronics Division. Got a full day of waiting now....Thanks,
Drew

Hey all,

I have an ego-Twist and usually vape with a 306 LR 1.8 0hm atty on about 3.6 volts.
I'm thinking of getting a drip shield, and a 510-510 extender.
Would those work with my 306 LR atty?
Are there any sites that you guys would recommend?
I've looking at a couple like smoktek, nhaler, ikenvape, libertyflights, but im not sure which setup will work with what I have.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Relith

-----------------------------------------
5 months tobacco free and counting!

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
Yes they will work ...Here is what your gonna need...
510 to 510 extender.....You can get these cheaper elsewhere but you can also read through the forums and see where people have caused damage to batteries and mods with the cheaper ones.
510 to 510 Extender
A long or XL 306 drip tip to extend out of the drip sheidl (number 8 or 9 in the drop down menu)
306 Contoured Long Colored and Twisted Drip Tips
And then you can use any of these below...
Drip Shields
Twisted Drip Shields

These are contoured for the Ego batteries.
EGO Cone Drip Shields

Thanks,
Drew

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
On an ego battery you probably won't need the 510-510 extender, unless you need more length (see below). The bottom o-ring of the drip shield slides right down around the outside of the connector, just above the cone threads.

On a 306 atty, yes you can use a drip shield. I've done it plenty of times with one of these style of drip tips and it works just fine :) The end of the drip tip may not stick out very far from the top of the drip shield, but if that's a problem you can use the 510 extender to add length, or get hold of an XL drip tip or a 306-510 drip tip adapter.

lol, Drew ninja-posted on me :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread