Drip Tip Designz ... Tips, Tips, and more Tips!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katz67

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Ok guys, it's been brought to my attention that there are folks who think we are copying tips .. normally, I wouldn't respond to this, but it aggravates me to be accused of something I did not do.

I just went to "the site" to see what this is all about (which, by the way, I haven't been to in months). What they are doing is not the same thing. Their's is more artwork involved ... our's is only foils! I was on google photos one day and saw a lady's fingernail .. it was gorgeous, so I typed in "nail art" and saw the foils, got some to try, it worked great, so I ordered more. That's all there is to it. NO copying, just experimenting with something I saw on google!

We don't go around looking at other people's sites for ideas ... why make what other people are making? That's crazy .. we like being different ... that's why we do the segmented ones, steampunk, etc. It's bound to happen that 2 different businesses will end up having something similar .. there's only so many things you can do on a tip and I happen to love trying new things.

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
Ok guys, it's been brought to my attention that there are folks who think we are copying tips .. normally, I wouldn't respond to this, but it aggravates me to be accused of something I did not do.

I just went to "the site" to see what this is all about (which, by the way, I haven't been to in months). What they are doing is not the same thing. Their's is more artwork involved ... our's is only foils! I was on google photos one day and saw a lady's fingernail .. it was gorgeous, so I typed in "nail art" and saw the foils, got some to try, it worked great, so I ordered more. That's all there is to it. NO copying, just experimenting with something I saw on google!

We don't go around looking at other people's sites for ideas ... why make what other people are making? That's crazy .. we like being different ... that's why we do the segmented ones, steampunk, etc. It's bound to happen that 2 different businesses will end up having something similar .. there's only so many things you can do on a tip and I happen to love trying new things.

That's got to bug you.

Take flour + milk + egg + yeast = bread. Is only one person allowed to make bread in the world? Does every car in the world need to reinvent the wheel? 11 manufacturers are under fire for the 510 connection. Can you imagine how bizarre it would be if all mods and atty's used different "propietary" connections (sorta like temperature control tech has the potential of doing)? New ideas are built on previous ones. They are not created in a vaccum.

You are not alone. I've heard another tip designer say the same about another who is setting stones. How many ways are there to set a stone? Chances are the second designer isn't even aware of the first and they took it to a different level with multi-stones, different stones, etc.

Reciepes can't be copyrighted because the materials used are too universal and common. No one can claim a copyright on materials. That's nonscense. Keep experimenting.

Chibisaurus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2015
Las Vegas
MINIONS! That is all!
This shall be mine!
SAM_1387__96172.1433202650.380.380.JPG

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
Hi, Kathie. Just stumbled across your thread and wanted to tell you how much I love your drip tips! Several of them have come home to me in the last two months, both in wood and tru-stone. And one braid, and one resin :). They complement my mods beautifully. So, thank you for your lovely work!

Last edited:

Katz67

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hi, Kathie. Just stumbled across your thread and wanted to tell you how much I love your drip tips! Several of them have come home to me in the last two months, both in wood and tru-stone. And one braid, and one resin :). They complement my mods beautifully. So, thank you for your lovely work!

Glad you liked them! We appreciate the comments. :)

Katz67

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Here's the first batch of some of our new woods ... cocobolo, maple burl, spalted maple, and tinted buckeye burls .... I just love them! We have some more new ones will be in this week ... a couple of them Brian didn't want to tell me the price he paid for them! But then I saw! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread