Status
Not open for further replies.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Anybody knows if the software works with the DB 160?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As far as I know, it will not. It appears that there are versions only for the DB2, the DripEZ (which is still on my 'I want' list even though it looks like it would be a real horror to use) and the Cupti2.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA
Anybody knows if the software works with the DB 160?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I read somewhere (wish I could recall where..probably reddit) that someone took apart the DB160 and there was no wiring from the USB port to the chipset for upgrading firmware.

For those of you still looking for the DB2 breazy has them in stock and on sale for $29.99 with coupon code COUNTDOWN. 1st class shipping is $3.50. They had all colors still available as of the time of this post.
Dripbox 2 80W Kit - Kanger I Vape Gear I Breazy.com

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
Finally got it in my hand today, yay!! I hate it when USPS delivers at 6PM and then my apartment office closes right after. That was another day to wait to actually get it!

Anyway, my experience is inline with all of you who posted above. Nice build - pretty good for Chinese quality standard but details deserve much more attention according to German, or Japanese maybe, standard. The body had minor scratches out of box but I'm not too bothered because it'll go through daily use and end up scratched anyway. Also good old rule, to use with Velocity, I had to open the mod and push up the positive contact. A 5-minute fix and not that hard. I also find the screw battery cap to be annoying, especially when it is a single-battery mod and more frequent battery change is expected =(

Oddly, I find DB160 to be more comfortable to hold in hand compared to DB2 despite its size and weight. I had much more confidence in putting the DB160 down on the table when I'm done with it than I have with DB2 right now, worrying about knocking it over. DB160 was definitely a better at-home choice in this regard, but DB2 fits in my pants pocket much much better and I finally feel happy carrying around a regualted/VW squonker that is lighter and slimmer! SS finish is also quite good looking as someone mentioned. I'm satisfied! The only thing left to be tested is how I feel about the shortened battery life in the next couple of days.

Going to fiddle with firmware later tonight. I rarely use temperature mode so I don't know what else I can do with this feature, but it's always good to have the option to mess with it XD

For someone who is hesitating, don't. If you are after a VW squonker with a profile suitable for carrying around all day, DB2 was the only option I discovered. For ~$30 there's no reason not to give it a try imo.

I dunno what the Popularity of the DripBox 2 is or isn't? Because I know Very Few People who have Actually used one.

I've seen Lots of Speculation. And lots of Comparing to other Products. But Very Few user Reviews.

Ye I'm not so sure either, it was pure speculation based on the number of participants in this thread, compared to DB160, not to mention the (very) old cloupor mini thread and even older provape thread (sorry but that was my intro mod three years ago lol).

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Possibly. But did they leave the access to the squonking side to be so easy.

When you take the 2 Black Torx Screws out of the Top, the Squonk Side can be moved slightly along the Vertical Parting Line on the Mod Body. But something is holding Squonk Side to the Board Side at the Battery Cover End.

I think it is a Single Torx Screw.

And I think that the Screw is under that Brass "Contact" that you mentioned.

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
When you take the 2 Black Torx Screws out of the Top, the Squonk Side can be moved slightly along the Vertical Parting Line on the Mod Body. But something is holding Squonk Side to the Board Side at the Battery Cover End.

I think it is a Single Torx Screw.

And I think that the Screw is under that Brass "Contact" that you mentioned.

Oh I see what you mean. But nope, there are two additional Phillips screw at the bottom, close to the bottle hole, that you can take off to fully remove the whole squonder side. I removed those and opened up the squonker side to fix the center pole being too low.

If the brass thing was a cover for an additional screw, it should be something that secure maybe the board or charging port? Actually, seeing that it is so close to the charging port, you would think that brass contact was something related to charging haha!

Reactions: zoiDman

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Any trouble turning the AFC?
Mine is like finger-busting tight. I might actually need to take a wrench to it if I decide to change the air...

side air atty, like at the bottom? and a squonker shouldn't leak, it sucks back the excess, unless you've massively over squonked...

btw, i can't recommend this enough as a squonker RDA, i managed to burn my throat yesterday, because i was on my hubby's dripbox and the differences in how they bring the juice up, the transformer is a far lighter squeeze. the flavour topper is 2/3rds the size of the 60w rdas that come with the dripboxes, and the cloud topper puts out massive amounts of clouds(to my hubby's dismay). being able to build postless for the flavour topper makes it a really compact profile, the holes in the base are large enough for just about any fancy coil you can build. i've become addicted to building postless on this thing and putting on the cloud topper with some raised up coils and... yep making huge clouds... i might become a cloud seeker yet.
Transformer RDA Atomizer | Vaporesso

flavour top comparison:
topcomp.jpg

business2091

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
KU
The Software is kinda Kludgy to use.

Like how the Heck do you do Multiple Lines in the Display Text Editor?

And you have to move Each 300ms Data Point Individually in the Power/Temperature Lines. But it did Work. And I see how you could do so Trippy Stuff with Ramp-Ups and Power to Temp Ratios.

Just played around with the software, looks like you use ctrl+enter to start a new line.

Curve editor is nice for ramp-up, but it sucks to have to drag each 300ms point! I wish they let us just enter numbers for each time interval, which will be much faster and more accurate. I tried to export the profile to see if it can be edited with notepad or xml editor but it won't read :(

Reactions: zoiDman

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Oh I see what you mean. But nope, there are two additional Phillips screw at the bottom, close to the bottle hole, that you can take off to fully remove the whole squonder side. I removed those and opened up the squonker side to fix the center pole being too low.

If the brass thing was a cover for an additional screw, it should be something that secure maybe the board or charging port? Actually, seeing that it is so close to the charging port, you would think that brass contact was something related to charging haha!

I see how it goes together now. After I have a Few Cups of coffee, I'll do a Squonkectomy on it.

---

I wonder if that Brass piece could be playing a Dual Role. And one of those Roles has to do with Grounding?

hubseven

ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2010
New York
I read somewhere (wish I could recall where..probably reddit) that someone took apart the DB160 and there was no wiring from the USB port to the chipset for upgrading firmware.

For those of you still looking for the DB2 breazy has them in stock and on sale for $29.99 with coupon code COUNTDOWN. 1st class shipping is $3.50. They had all colors still available as of the time of this post.
Dripbox 2 80W Kit - Kanger I Vape Gear I Breazy.com

Tried discount it only gives off about $4.50 and ends up costing about $41 and change.

VladK16

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2013
Toledo, OH USA

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Dripbox2 - Update

I downloaded the software from kangerTech and tried connecting to my Dripbox2. No-go until I TURNED IT OFF first. Then I was able to connect.

The software defaults for Ni, Ti, SS and TC seemed a bit 'wonky' to me. I read in the stored values from the mod and while a bit better, they did not align with what I thought they ought to be. I edited all 4 settings with SteamEngine values and uploaded to the device. Ti mode now works as expected.

Having effectively 4 TCR memories that are user programmable makes this an even MORE attractive device. Sadly however the default power level in TC mode can't be found to edit. My dual coil builds don't ramp as fast as I'd like so I'm sticking with single coil builds for now. (it is a better fit for a single 18650 device anyway)

Dang! I now wish I had bought 1-2 of each color at the insane low price of $26.95 as it seems that quite a few vendors that have even $45 a unit pricing are now out of stock. Personally I'd price the value of the DRIPBOX2 much higher than the Pico Squeeze and even the COV Wraith because of the editable TCR functionality.

hazozita

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2013
    Virginia
    Dripbox2 - Update

Dang! I now wish I had bought 1-2 of each color at the insane low price of $26.95 as it seems that quite a few vendors that have even $45 a unit pricing are now out of stock. Personally I'd price the value of the DRIPBOX2 much higher than the Pico Squeeze and even the COV Wraith because of the editable TCR functionality.

Yeah, I'm kicking myself as well about getting just one. I thought about picking up two, but then I thought -- well, I already have 2 DB160s, a COV and a Reo. Just one DB2 should be fine...

I know, I know -- foolish thinking on my part.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread