Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
Finally got it up and running, and wondering if the 510 is adjustable on it? It seems like it is, or am I wrong? The 160 watt version got a spring loaded 510 I read, so would be weird if this new hasn't got one too.

Very pleased with it!

I can't speak for the Dripbox 2 but the Dripbox 160 does not have a spring loaded or adjustable 510 connector.

Reactions: nocigsnomore

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
I can't speak for the Dripbox 2 but the Dripbox 160 does not have a spring loaded or adjustable 510 connector.

The DB2 has the same 510 as the DB160 but it seems to be a little more forgiving of attys with shorter 510s. Ones that I struggle with to get a connection on the DB160 connect with little effort on the DB2. Could be an improvement made by Kanger, or just a device-to-device variation.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    While I still can't figure out how to change the power level in TC mode I decided to try a low energy build on a new FT Hadaly clone that just came in:
    30747414234_f60f301c41.jpg

It sits mostly flush on the DB2, maybe some air gap. I had previously set the TC profile to support NiFe48.

Capturing the flat wire under the bars proved to be somewhat challenging on one side. The deck on the Hadaly is one the flattest I've seen for a BF rba. Center pin is flush with the deck (no trimming).

31472946161_dc2afff855.jpg

Here is 7 wraps of 30AWG NiFe48 flat wire with 2.5mm ID.

Man does this build toss out the clouds!

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    Mine is also almost flush. Nice setup! Never tried NiFe48 wire. Got to google a bit. Great idea to angle the coil for fitting longer coils. Didn't think of that. Can't find NiFe48 at Steam Engine, and wondering what Ohm you got?

Got a Wotofo Hive coil at 0.47Ohm with 12mg nic juice and Fiber Freaks density 2. No need to chainvape. :)

unnamed.jpg

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Mine is also almost flush. Nice setup! Never tried NiFe48 wire. Got to google a bit. Great idea to angle the coil for fitting longer coils. Didn't think of that. Can't find NiFe48 at Steam Engine, and wondering what Ohm you got?

Got a Wotofo Hive coil at 0.47Ohm with 12mg nic juice and Fiber Freaks density 2. No need to chainvape. :)

unnamed.jpg

Steam engine calls it Nifethal52 (alloy52), the vendor in Germany calls it NiFe48.

The angle was not planned but rather me opening the coil up slightly so I could remove the 2.5mm rod. Flat wire tends to really grab onto your jig. This one ohms out at 0.69 ohms cold. I usually dry burn the coils before wicking but did not in this case. Once wicked I had a few shorting windings which singed my Rayon a bit. A little tweaking with tweezers got the coils nicely spaced.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    I twist a smaller "pilot" section to get through the coil and then hang onto it and twist the be-gebers out of the rest of the Rayon (compressing it) and slowly slide it into the coil. 30AWG NiFe48 flat wire is VERY soft and requires some patience to work with. The pay off is the enormous wick coverage coupled with the very low mass (it is 30AWG after all). Very fast response time. Low energy.

I try to only purchase mods with editable TCR so I can use my flatwire 'exotics'. I just pulled a +6mo old build out of a Lemo2. I was really just wanting to switch from Silica rope to Rayon and was unable to without deforming the coil.

I'm really liking the Dripbox2 now. It just takes the right RBA and build.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    Thank you for telling me that it's possible, and that the DB2 can be configured for "exotic" wire. Yes, the DB2 is great. It feels very solid. 30awg wire seems to be my favorite too. I always get a good vape when using it.

Six months? I had no idea wire could work that long. That's great to know. :) I just shelved all my kanthal wire. Money down the drain I'm afraid.

Last edited:

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Please don't get me wrong, ANY wire (mostly used for vaping) can last years if not decades. However given enough time with dark and/or sugary juices and they just get 'gunked up' is all. The wire itself is still ok.

When using the smaller diameter wires many/most times folks will deform the coil while removing/reinstalling the wick after dry burning. Often times it is easier to simply recoil rather than attempt to reform the existing coil.

I vape mostly unflavored VG so my builds can last months rather than days.

Reactions: TheWestPole

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    Please don't get me wrong, ANY wire (mostly used for vaping) can last years if not decades. However given enough time with dark and/or sugary juices and they just get 'gunked up' is all. The wire itself is still ok.

When using the smaller diameter wires many/most times folks will deform the coil while removing/reinstalling the wick after dry burning. Often times it is easier to simply recoil rather than attempt to reform the existing coil.

I vape mostly unflavored VG so my builds can last months rather than days.

Have successfully wicked 30awg with rayon thanks to you! :) And you were right about removing the wick. Had to make a new coil. Regarding the Dripbox I regret buying it after reading this: Kanger spare bottle for DRIPBOX

Any other bottle that's compatible?

Last edited:

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Have successfully wicked 30awg with rayon thanks to you! :) And you were right about removing the wick. Had to make a new coil. Regarding the Dripbox I regret buying it after reading this: Kanger spare bottle for DRIPBOX

Any other bottle that's compatible?

I got a DripBox 60w when it was First released. And used it Exclusively at home until I bought a CV. Then I split time between the two.

I am Still on the 1st Bottle that came with it.

nocigsnomore

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 18, 2014
    Land of Oz
    There was a post in the original dripbox thread,i forget who posted it,but the bottles from Vapage can be modded to work.On that persons suggestion,i bought a couple,and it is pretty easy to mod them,and they are definitely better quality bottles.

That's super! Thank you! :)

I got a DripBox 60w when it was First released. And used it Exclusively at home until I bought a CV. Then I split time between the two.

I am Still on the 1st Bottle that came with it.

Thank you! Great to hear that it hasn't cracked. Had a CV in my chart before you replied, and was almost sure about ordering it, but now I'm 100% sure. :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread