Status
Not open for further replies.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
You sure like pushing the clone, don't you? Why is that? Your authentic may have needed an upgrade, but mine and quite a few others hasn't..... Just fyi....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
Guess who just got new solid silver pos contacts on a beryllium copper spring...

And new solid silver neg contacts for his grands...

There goes that.
[emoji38]

:sneaky:

I knew you would. :D

Tapatyped

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
NO LOVE! Posted up in the classies and got slammed about how it's a POS, and a few offers to buy the real deal, at $100 and up! They say the posts come loose on the clone, and other problems. And I still haven't gotten my order from Angelecigs yet! Gonna talk to mama about that one!

Reactions: EddieAdams

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
Well, I'm an idiot! What do you get when you mix strong Opiods and alcohol? An idiot! I had my wife check on my Angelecigs order, make sure the payment went through, etc. Yeah, I never ordered anything! Imagine why it took so long to get here?
So I have the Velocity mini, the Kloud http://www.angelcigs.com/kloud-styled-rda-rebuildable-dripping-atomizer.html and the coil master kit, Coil Master Coiling Kit V3 Style E-Cigarette Wire Coil Winder Blue
If you don't have, or haven't tried the coil master, it's amazing! I was given an older Kuro 2.5mm winder and after a bit of learning fell in love! I decided I needed the entire kit! It's seriously worth a look IMO!

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    For those that haven't seen this yet, 50% off wire and free shipping! I ordered 10x 25ft of 28ga Kanthal for $12.50 shipped! Wish I had more money so I could play around with more wire, but this will last me a few years!
    Amazon BLOWOUT SALE! 50% OFF ALL WIRE!
    Got in on that also, but 250ft of 28ga Kanthal roll was only $4.00 shipped

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    I know the 250ft roll was cheaper, but the 25ft rolls are so much more handy, and travel better. I've played with enough Kanthal to know I don't want to try to unspool off a 250ft roll onto a smaller one. I'd just make a mess of it!
    So at that price I get ten handy sized rolls, for about the same price I'd pay for one 25ft roll around here. That was my logic, at least. I wanted the 250ft roll, but I know me, and after thinking about it a bit, I thought better of that choice:lol:

Reactions: puffon

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    For those that haven't seen this yet, 50% off wire and free shipping! I ordered 10x 25ft of 28ga Kanthal for $12.50 shipped! Wish I had more money so I could play around with more wire, but this will last me a few years!
    Amazon BLOWOUT SALE! 50% OFF ALL WIRE!

Thank for the Heads Up sawlight. Picked-Up another 100' of 26ga NiChrome 80 for 3 Bucks.

Reactions: sawlight

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    Well someone was kind enough to send me a Chalice III, for free! (Thank you again!) So I've been playing with it this afternoon. I started with a .8 ohm build with 32ga, don't do this! Not enough coil to feed the wick, it burns quick! I then went to a 28ga build at 1 ohm, lots better! I had no idea how tiny this thing was! Not the easiest thing to build on, but not the worst. The hard part is holding it to put a build on it!
    So I played with it a couple hours now, GREAT flavor, BUT it's a juice hog! I mean it's thirsty, more so than anything I've used! I've gone through about 6ml of juice in two hours, while mostly mowing the yard! I get tow or three hits, then have to sqounk again. Lots of dry hits, might need more wick in it, I'll play with it some more.
    Anyway, I'll shut up and on to the pics,

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Well someone was kind enough to send me a Chalice III, for free! (Thank you again!) So I've been playing with it this afternoon. I started with a .8 ohm build with 32ga, don't do this! Not enough coil to feed the wick, it burns quick! I then went to a 28ga build at 1 ohm, lots better! I had no idea how tiny this thing was! Not the easiest thing to build on, but not the worst. The hard part is holding it to put a build on it!
    So I played with it a couple hours now, GREAT flavor, BUT it's a juice hog! I mean it's thirsty, more so than anything I've used! I've gone through about 6ml of juice in two hours, while mostly mowing the yard! I get tow or three hits, then have to sqounk again. Lots of dry hits, might need more wick in it, I'll play with it some more.
    Anyway, I'll shut up and on to the pics,

When I 1st looked at that build Picture, I thought... "That has to be some kind of Engraving on the Deck. Because it Couldn't be a 1 Wrap Coil. Could It?"

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    I'm thinking this isn't the way its done. Doesn't the wick feed the coil? Maybe I've been doing it wrong all this time!!!

Yes, and no, with a 2/3 32ga wrap coil, all the heat was centered in one very small point, with a 6-7 26ga wrap you have more surface area on the wick to absorb juice. Look at the pics again, see the difference in coil area? The wick area isn't enough to feed that small coil without burning the wick and juice in a VERY small area.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 7, 2011
    Illinois
    with a 2/3 32ga wrap coil, all the heat was centered in one very small point
    Not sure what you were even thinking a 2/3 wrap would actually vape, let alone decently... I think common sense would tell you, (or anyone), before you even put the coil in, this is going to burn, very hot, very quickly!!! Good thing you learned something from it though.

sawlight

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 2, 2009
    Kansas
    You bet it is.

I'll tell you some time about what happened when I used SS Tweezers to Tweak a "Live" Coil.

Let's just say it Involved Smoke.

;)

You did that to? I don't feel like such a heel now!:lol::lol::lol: I ordered a set of ceramic tweezers the other day, my wife "I thought you already had a set?" I do honey, but these wont blow a coil when I screw up! Wasn't even a week ago I did that! I learned to shut the mod off on the next coil!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread