Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I'd probably get one of those if it was in the $25 range, like a Dripbox - but it's looking like over $50 right now...
Wonder if they'll appear on fasttech with free shipping?

Oh I'm sure they will Sooner or Later. Probably Sooner. And I could very well see them in $25 ~ $30 Range with Free Shipping.

I just said Screw It and Paid a little more to have them Now. Guess I'll go to 1 Less Movie this Month to Offset the Higher Price.

BTW - That 3 Day Shipping from China via DHL was Cool Watch. I've never Gotten anything from China that has arrived that Fast.

Reactions: Train2

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I wish I had Alexander Mundy around..I don't have the expertise or the tools to fix this damn Dripbox -and it's autofiring like crazy. Loosened up the inner battery ring and that seems to have worked, but I'm gonna start pulling the battery out of it when I go to bed or leave it at home. :(
Well, I'd take a look at it but by the time you shipped it twice you would be well on the way to paying for a new one.

rgerber

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ USA
"Zoids idea of using some rubbing alcohol isn't a bad idea". I had already given up on the little Squonker when I ran cross the alcohol thread. After I quickly learned that drinking the alcohol wasn't working, I added it and the mod into a zip lock bag and followed the procedure. It works perfectly now and I am tickled to have this little cheapo back in rotation. I have an RM-2 sitting on it right now and so far, it's vaping very well. So, try Zoids trick when you are having a firing problem...and...don't drink the alcohol either.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
"Zoids idea of using some rubbing alcohol isn't a bad idea". I had already given up on the little Squonker when I ran cross the alcohol thread. After I quickly learned that drinking the alcohol wasn't working, I added it and the mod into a zip lock bag and followed the procedure. It works perfectly now and I am tickled to have this little cheapo back in rotation. I have an RM-2 sitting on it right now and so far, it's vaping very well. So, try Zoids trick when you are having a firing problem...and...don't drink the alcohol either.

Yeah... Doing a Rubbing Alcohol flush doesn't work every time. And it can't Re-Solder a lose wire. But it can help to Un-Stuck a Stuck Button.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I think you'll like it bm.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
Yeah,i love sqounking,so figure it should be good.The only thing that held me back was the bottle it comes with,but after seeing the vapage bottles retrofitted into it,i figured i'd finally bite haha.Now i just gotta get the 160 version,and i'll be set haha.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
Get some Vapage 8 ml bottles and cut the tip down to where the bottle is the same height as the Kanger bottle and carefully trim the outside threads off. Tight fit on the sliding stopper but soft and natural LDPE color instead of the hard dark ?PET? Bottle. I have been using one daily at construction sites and greatly prefer it over the Kanger bottle. I hold the stopper in the lowest position with a finger tip or two through the squonk hole and push down with the bottle on a solid surface. Hasn't leaked a drop, soft squonk, I can clearly see my light colored eliquid, and has a hair more capacity. IIRC they were $3 for 2 bottles from Vapage when I bought a stock of them for various DIY squonk applications a couple of years ago.

nGd57sy.jpg

8dynnw7.jpg

Xxm8Zdf.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Got my Dripbox and the Vapage bottles today,and i gotta say,i really like this mod.Now i wish i had grabbed one before,and i definitely plan to grab another.Haven't modded the Vapage bottles yet,but that will be later tonight.Also,just gotta say,i actually like the rda that came with it.I wasn't even planning to try that rda because so many people don't like it,but i'm impatient and wanted to try the mod out,so figured i would use the rda for a few minutes,but yeah,i think it's pretty nice too haha.

Reactions: Roadtrip635

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Got my Dripbox and the Vapage bottles today,and i gotta say,i really like this mod.Now i wish i had grabbed one before,and i definitely plan to grab another.Haven't modded the Vapage bottles yet,but that will be later tonight.Also,just gotta say,i actually like the rda that came with it.I wasn't even planning to try that rda because so many people don't like it,but i'm impatient and wanted to try the mod out,so figured i would use the rda for a few minutes,but yeah,i think it's pretty nice too haha.

Good to hear that you like the Stock RDA just as it is.

It Isn't hard to do all the Things that people have done to Mod the RDA. But it Does take Time and some Tools. It's always Nice to not have to do Anything to a Atty though.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Good to hear that you like the Stock RDA just as it is.

It Isn't hard to do all the Things that people have done to Mod the RDA. But it Does take Time and some Tools. It's always Nice to not have to do Anything to a Atty though.
Yeah,i agree.I've had to mod several of my atties,since most i have were not originally bottom feed capable,and have had to drill the air flow holes larger in a few,so it's nice to not have to do anything to one that i really expected not to like haha.I will try moving the coils up though,once it's ready for a rebuild.

Reactions: zoiDman
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread