Status
Not open for further replies.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yeah,i agree.I've had to mod several of my atties,since most i have were not originally bottom feed capable,and have had to drill the air flow holes larger in a few,so it's nice to not have to do anything to one that i really expected not to like haha.I will try moving the coils up though,once it's ready for a rebuild.

Almost forgot,i love the size of this mod.I have an Abaddon mod clone in brass that i converted to a bottom feed mod,and really like the size of it,but being solid brass,it is heavy.This Dripbox is almost exactly the same size,but is so much lighter,it will be easier to carry around.

I kinda Like to Mod things. Always have. So if I see that a Hole could be Bigger or an Edge should be rounded, it not really a big deal for Me.

The way the RBA comes, it works. And it Isn't a Bad Hitter. I just wanted More Flavor out of it. And, I wanted to run it in Single Coil/Single Air Slot mode.

---

You are Right about the Size. It fits in My Hand Perfectly. And with Great Balance.

It's Funny how I have Vaped as long as I have, and have seen Threads about Squonker's Many Times. Just had it in my Mind that it wasn't what I wanted. So Never got one until the DripBox.

Now, I use my DripBox and Coppervape BF Mod about 80% of the Time when I am at home. LOL

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I kinda Like to Mod things. Always have. So if I see that a Hole could be Bigger or an Edge should be rounded, it not really a big deal for Me.

The way the RBA comes, it works. And it Isn't a Bad Hitter. I just wanted More Flavor out of it. And, I wanted to run it in Single Coil/Single Air Slot mode.

---

You are Right about the Size. It fits in My Hand Perfectly. And with Great Balance.

It's Funny how I have Vaped as long as I have, and have seen Threads about Squonker's Many Times. Just had it in my Mind that it wasn't what I wanted. So Never got one until the DripBox.

Now, I use my DripBox and Coppervape BF Mod about 80% of the Time when I am at home. LOL
I'm pretty much the same way,i like to tinker with stuff,so once i found that i liked squonking,i bottom fed every rda i own haha.Some were really simple,and others took some work,but they all got done.I like building mods too,so done a few of those,with more to come.
I need to go back through this thread,i quit following it for a while because i didn't think i was going to get a Dripbox,so i haven't seen too many mods that people have made to the atty.I do remember seeing someone had shortened the barrel and done something else,was that you?
Same here,i seen a bunch of threads about sqounking,but didn't think i would like it at all,but i seen a thread about that smokeless owl that came out last year,and figured for $25 i would give it a shot,i was instantly hooked haha.This Dripbox makes my 8th sqounk mod that i have,so a decent little collection going,plus i want the 160 version,and have plans for 2 more that i want to build.I go through spurts where all i will use is a bf for a month or so at a time,then i want a change,so i'll use a regular mod/tank combo for a while,then i'm right back to my sqounkers.I think the only reason i swap back and forth though is because i like regulated mods better,but my highest watt bf is 40 watts,so once i get a higher wattage bf,i may switch over full time.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I need to go back through this thread,i quit following it for a while because i didn't think i was going to get a Dripbox,so i haven't seen too many mods that people have made to the atty.I do remember seeing someone had shortened the barrel and done something else,was that you?

I did Shorten the RBA Barrel. Took the Inspiration from the work that JohnnyDill did. I also Cut a Single Coil Slot in the RBA Top Cap and Drilled out the e-Liquid Holes in the RBA Deck.

For the Hit I was looking for, it took the stock RDA from So-So to Good/Very Good.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, I ordered another one.
I'm still using my dripbox daily, and spotted it a couple bucks less than usual, and with a 20% off sale...(eciggity), I figured, aw, what the heck: If it crapped out I'd be sad - so now I'll have a backup for it.
:)

Happy 4th!

Proudshamrock

Nov 15, 2015
Well, I ordered another one.
I'm still using my dripbox daily, and spotted it a couple bucks less than usual, and with a 20% off sale...(eciggity), I figured, aw, what the heck: If it crapped out I'd be sad - so now I'll have a backup for it.
:)

Happy 4th!

I ordered one but now I'm concerned about the problems with it auto firing. Have you had any problems?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I've seen a couple people with that happen, but no hint at all of it with mine...mine's working just fine.
Only issue is I "wore out" a bottle already - which I'm not accustomed to. It was leaking, dripping, couldn't figure it out for half a day, then realized the bottle had developed an invisible crack and would just squonk out the side!

Best guesses on autofiring issue:
a) keep juice from dripping into it - there's a chip under the atty...
and
b) notice if the button's sticking - it shouldn't!

I ordered one but now I'm concerned about the problems with it auto firing. Have you had any problems?

Reactions: Proudshamrock

Proudshamrock

Nov 15, 2015
I've seen a couple people with that happen, but no hint at all of it with mine...mine's working just fine.
Only issue is I "wore out" a bottle already - which I'm not accustomed to. It was leaking, dripping, couldn't figure it out for half a day, then realized the bottle had developed an invisible crack and would just squonk out the side!

Best guesses on autofiring issue:
a) keep juice from dripping into it - there's a chip under the atty...
and
b) notice if the button's sticking - it shouldn't!
Thank you. Squonking is new for me so I got nervous when reading about people waking up to fires!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

j_man_c32

May 27, 2015
finally budget friend squonk mod is coming :)

I'm super happy with this mod if you guys are thinking about getting it, do it. The only downside is there is no battery charge level indicator. So you could be vaping all day and suddenly you're out of battery, no problem if you carry an 18650 with you, but it'd be nice to know where my battery is at

Roadtrip635

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 29, 2015
Texas
I've been very happy with this little mod. I find myself grabbing my white and black "SquonkTrooper", the most when I go out to run errands and such. I just love the size, weight and feel, perfect for out and about. It may not be the best, but for someone like me, that always wanted to try squonking, it's a great little mod.

Here's my "SquonkTrooper"
drip2_zpsdfgfvue9.jpg

obi-wan%20dripbox_zpsbyofye2k.jpg

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Thank you. Squonking is new for me so I got nervous when reading about people waking up to fires!

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
It doesn't have to be a sqounker to catch on fire,any regulated mod can do it too,seen several people the last few years that had mods catch fire on them,and none of those were sqounkers.

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
I did Shorten the RBA Barrel. Took the Inspiration from the work that JohnnyDill did. I also Cut a Single Coil Slot in the RBA Top Cap and Drilled out the e-Liquid Holes in the RBA Deck.

For the Hit I was looking for, it took the stock RDA from So-So to Good/Very Good.
A few days ago,i finally decided to try one of my other rda's on it,and it made a huge difference.I still like the rda that came with it,but after putting one of my Stumpy's on it,sadly the stock rda will probably never get used again haha.

Reactions: zoiDman

The Shotcaller

Jul 4, 2015
Haven't been through this whole thread yet, just the beginning. Wonder what people are doing to rebuild the coils?
I've only got 26 gauge wire and have been doing 4 wraps around the blue 2mm screwdriver, trying to imitate the stock coils.
As others have said the fire button can stick but shouldn't if you unscrew the battery thing a bit.
The magnetic bottom gets lost very easily, I lost mine within a few days helping my brother move.
Luckily the bottle seals at the top and I haven't had it drop out yet

The Shotcaller

Jul 4, 2015
Was having trouble with the dripbox only firing when plugged in, assumed it was the battery but was getting the 3 flashes for resistance being wrong. the lack of display made it hard to figure out.

made another 2 coils, 4 wraps 26 guage each on the kanger 2mm screwdriver. really squeezed and compressed it and made sure to fire it without wick unlike the previous one. now its working properly doesnt need to be plugged in and hitting good.

i was having a problem with juice not squonking up and instead coming out the bottom when i squeezed, thought it might be a problem where the bottle meets the mod but the bottle itself had a cut in it, dont know how that happened. the 2nd one comes in handy now

Clark F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Tempe, AZ
Sorry to hear about your troubles with the unit. I was skeptical at first, but for the price I'm glad I bought one. Not a single problem with it after a few months now and actually ordered another one for $25.

I do clean the top and around the button every day and keep the bottle full. Still using the bottle it came with. It seems to be hit and miss with the devices. The atty works fairly well if you move the coils up a bit.

Hope you now have all the issues worked out and can enjoy it.

The Shotcaller

Jul 4, 2015
For the price definately worth it. My subtank mod stopped charging and the usb port in it broke off. I could buy an external charger or the dripbox for basically the same price. The subtank mod had the usb thing broken off inside anyways it was trash at that point.

Didnt have any problems with the dripbox until the bottom half went into my coffee for a second lol, smooth i know. Still using the first removable battery i got with the subtank a year ago. Speaking of the subtank i had been using it on the dripmod for when it wasnt reading the dripper, found it today shattered in the case it was in, must have been stepped on, another plus of the dripper vs the tank.

the only real problems it seems to be having now is the light not turning on when its charging, but it is charging so no real concerns

the guys at the store used a calculator and for 26 gauge what i was doing was the right thing. they recommened 24 gauge to get to the supposed 60 watts kanger claims

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Wow, that polished up nicely!
If mine gets all scratched up, I might do that - how'd you start, sandpaper?

View attachment 581217 View attachment 581219 With years of dripping, time to give squonking ago with the kanger drip box,very stealthy, the atty is to be desired, with a bit of fettling to fit igo dripper cap working marvellous,believe I'm converted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread