Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyDill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Uranus
Chinese QC is the problem. It has a badly assembled 510 in the atty- hole is way off center, making juice almost impossible to fill & drain. I told him to return it for an exchange!

Edit: He fixed it! There was so much restriction trying to push juice through the misaligned 510 that it was leaking. Once he correctly assembled the positive pin, it is all good now. Unfortunately, he split a juice bottle, so I am hooking him up with the modded Vapage Vmod XL bottles, courtesy of Mundy's recommendation.
:)

Even if the "correct" juice bottles were available, I won't go there.

Last edited:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Got mine today so first impressions only, more updates once I've had a chance to experiment with it.
This my first ever squonker, I wanted a cheap device in case I didn't like it.
  • Lightweight and well constructed for the price
  • The battery cover looks a bit flimsy, but the rattle adjuster works well enough
  • The juice bottle cover is going to get lost I'm sure
  • No point of reference, but seems to squonk pretty well
The RDA seems cheap and not too well designed. The deck and chamber is too large in relation to the posts and the practical power range. The coils were way below the AFC holes, but with a bit of wrangling I managed to raise them up in line. The plastic top-cap could be an issue once the coils are up closer to it. The stock build in there came out to 0.25 ohms. It actually vapes pretty well, ok vapor production and OK flavor. The vapor density isn't too great but this is probably due to the size of the chamber.

The main problem with this device is going to be voltage drop which I measured with the above resistance at 0.92 volts which is pretty poor. This meant that with a fresh battery I was only getting about 46 watts which is a bit anemic for me.

I plan to rip out the stock coils and replace with some parallels down around 0.2 or possibly a touch lower.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I suggest you ditch the atty.
I'd recommend a pancake clone for $20 or, if you like them, a Velocity V2 for like $9.

Got mine today so first impressions only, more updates once I've had a chance to experiment with it.
This my first ever squonker, I wanted a cheap device in case I didn't like it.
  • Lightweight and well constructed for the price
  • The battery cover looks a bit flimsy, but the rattle adjuster works well enough
  • The juice bottle cover is going to get lost I'm sure
  • No point of reference, but seems to squonk pretty well
The RDA seems cheap and not too well designed. The deck and chamber is too large in relation to the posts and the practical power range. The coils were way below the AFC holes, but with a bit of wrangling I managed to raise them up in line. The plastic top-cap could be an issue once the coils are up closer to it. The stock build in there came out to 0.25 ohms. It actually vapes pretty well, ok vapor production and OK flavor. The vapor density isn't too great but this is probably due to the size of the chamber.

The main problem with this device is going to be voltage drop which I measured with the above resistance at 0.92 volts which is pretty poor. This meant that with a fresh battery I was only getting about 46 watts which is a bit anemic for me.

I plan to rip out the stock coils and replace with some parallels down around 0.2 or possibly a touch lower.

Alexander Mundy

Ribbon Twister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2013
Springfield, MO
I took one look at the stock atty and put it aside. Didn't even bother to try it since I'm MTL.

The board on mine finally took a dive. Took it apart and no juice on the board or signs the magic smoke had been let out so the electron ferries must have just decided to abandon ship. When I have time I'll install a 3034 and larger gauge wiring.

rADeAyw.jpg

Although, looking at it while typing this gives me a different thought. Cutting off the battery positive ledge and making a custom battery positive terminal would allow 2 18350 in series to fit and I looks like I can shoehorn an OKL2-T6-W12N-C in where the factory board was and a trimmer pot where the USB hole is.

dcFJxOs.jpg

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: What happens in the Classifieds, stays in the Classifieds :)

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hundertwasser
    I put a 0.2 ohm dual parallel in my Velocity atop this. Some improvement, but not enough as lowering the resistance also increases what is already a horrible voltage drop.
    They should have dropped the protection electronics, gone fully mechanical and spent the savings on making it more usably electrically efficient.
    It's a good little device, but no good for me. So it's off to the drawer of abandonment as I can't imagine finding a new vaper who would want/need it.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I'll have to figure out how to measure my v-drop. I run up around 0.5, but still - I haven't noticed a dramatic difference in the hit, or the battery life, in comparison to other mods (Reos, and a Coppervape, for example).

My main issue is the electronics and fire button right under the atty - I got a sticky button (as in "stuck firing!"). Got it cured with some alcohol...but it still worries me long-term...

I put a 0.2 ohm dual parallel in my Velocity atop this. Some improvement, but not enough as lowering the resistance also increases what is already a horrible voltage drop.
    They should have dropped the protection electronics, gone fully mechanical and spent the savings on making it more usably electrically efficient.
    It's a good little device, but no good for me. So it's off to the drawer of abandonment as I can't imagine finding a new vaper who would want/need it.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    Finlad
    Stopped using mine also, it simply doesn't produce enough vapor & flavour to my liking when compaired to regulated mods unless one wants to build silly (less than .15) builds.
    Lets just hope Dripbox 2 or maybe Wraith lands to the barren soils o Finland since anything with two of more batteries is just waaaay to much of a brick, my absolute limit goes with likes of Evic VT.

Reactions: phanner

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Bfed a derringer clone and an old tobh clone for it, and bought a velocity v2 with sqounk pin. Derringer works ok(probably just a build problem), tobh isnt much better (same reason)and the velocity pin is too short to work right..... :'( stock atty is best of the 4 so i guess ill keep with it. Airflow and sqounk holes work fine, deck is a little small for my liking but i can build it no prob.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    Bfed a derringer clone and an old tobh clone for it, and bought a velocity v2 with sqounk pin. Derringer works ok(probably just a build problem), tobh isnt much better (same reason)and the velocity pin is too short to work right..... :'( stock atty is best of the 4 so i guess ill keep with it. Airflow and sqounk holes work fine, deck is a little small for my liking but i can build it no prob.
    Definitely sounds like a possible build problem on the Derringer,it should be a huge improvement over the stock rda.

Troll from behind

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    Finlad
    It's kinda funny, but for the past month I've mostly been using Kangers Subdrips with me Subdrips.
    Yeah, ain't the best airflow, but it doesn't leak as easily as say Tsunami24 and is way more easy to squonk right than say Velocity2.
    Starting to think you simply can't get an good atty if it's a hybrid in nature, way too much wasted space with velocity-style posts and deep juicewells.
    All Kanger needs is to make optional topcaps dedicated for mtl losing the velocity-deck.
    Solid 17 mm mtl-atty wouldn't go a miss either.

Layzee Vaper

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 27, 2015
    It's kinda funny, but for the past month I've mostly been using Kangers Subdrips with me Subdrips.
    Yeah, ain't the best airflow, but it doesn't leak as easily as say Tsunami24 and is way more easy to squonk right than say Velocity2.
    Starting to think you simply can't get an good atty if it's a hybrid in nature, way too much wasted space with velocity-style posts and deep juicewells.
    All Kanger needs is to make optional topcaps dedicated for mtl losing the velocity-deck.
    Solid 17 mm mtl-atty wouldn't go a miss either.

You could try an Origen Little 16. Excellent MTL atty. 16mm Single or dual coil builds with AFC.

ThaFuzz

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 18, 2015
    Virginia Beach
    Definitely sounds like a possible build problem on the Derringer,it should be a huge improvement over the stock rda.

You and i was right, just a build problem. Changed from a 10wrap 3.5mm 26awg 304ss contact single to a 5 wrap 2.5mm spaced 304 single and this thing is vapin like a champ. Rayon is wicking like a champ. So much flavor. Mmmm.

Attachments

• 20160920_124410.jpg
      875.9 KB · Views: 31
    Reactions: b.m.

b.m.

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2014
    Ohio
    You and i was right, just a build problem. Changed from a 10wrap 3.5mm 26awg 304ss contact single to a 5 wrap 2.5mm spaced 304 single and this thing is vapin like a champ. Rayon is wicking like a champ. So much flavor. Mmmm.
    That's what i sort of figured.The stock atty was pretty decent,but i have been using bf Derringers and a few bf stumpy's and the stock atty just doesn't come close to either of those.

Reactions: ThaFuzz
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread