Status
Not open for further replies.

dizzylizzy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
California, USA
Hi all,

So i think I'm ready to go the dripping route... I've been reading and watching and getting quite an education! I still have a couple questions though..

1) 510 Atomizer - 1.8 ohm (with tip)
How long does something like this last on average? Is it possible to purchase just the coil heads, or do you just use a whole new one? Also, since it already has a tip, do i need to get another drip tip in order to drip through?
2) Boge Stainless 510 Cartomizers 2.0ohm
Ive read, that you you can pull the cap and filling off of these and use as a dripper. This certainly seems the cheaper way to go but does it work well? Any weird side effects from doing it this way?

What of drip shields? Are they a necessity with either of these setups?
Oh, and as a rank newbie to vaping this way, do i want to consider a bridgeless atty? What are the pros of going bridgeless?

Ok, that was more than a few questions... Thanks for any insight you guys can provide..

Eta: I dont want to have to rebuild anything at this point.. I will leave that up to my guy ;)

Last edited:

aggo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Toronto, Canada
I can try to answer your questions directly.

1) 510 Atomizer - 1.8 ohm (with tip)
How long does something like this last on average? Is it possible to purchase just the coil heads, or do you just use a whole new one? Also, since it already has a tip, do i need to get another drip tip in order to drip through?

It should last around a couple of weeks, though with proper care it can last months. You can't replace the coil on these so you'll have to buy a new one if it fails. You don't want to use the 'drip tip' they attach to it, that's just a cartridge and isn't good for vaping. Choose a 510 drip tip from the same site: Drip Tips

2) Boge Stainless 510 Cartomizers 2.0ohm
Ive read, that you you can pull the cap and filling off of these and use as a dripper. This certainly seems the cheaper way to go but does it work well? Any weird side effects from doing it this way?

If it's a horizontal coil carto, you could pull the filling out and use as a dripping atomizer. I don't think the Boges are, though.

What of drip shields? Are they a necessity with either of these setups?

They're meant for atomizers to prevent leaking. Personally, I've never needed to use them, but some people insist on using them with their 510 attys.

Oh, and as a rank newbie to vaping this way, do i want to consider a bridgeless atty? What are the pros of going bridgeless?

Some people feel bridgeless attys (no V-shaped bridge with mesh standing over the coil) give a better flavour and more vapour. Some think it's negligible. Try one with and one without.

Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread