Dripping...I don't get it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chookychuck

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2012
USA, GA
What it comes down to is that vaping will never be as simple as just lighting up. Some days or even for months, it's absolutely great! Other times, it's so frustrating!

One thing, or several things, may work perfectly for a long time. Then one day everything stops working right. juice doesn't taste right/clogs atties. Atties, cartos, and tanks - none of them work quite right.

I'll never again depend on just one way of doing things, not even something so simple and seemingly full-proof as dripping on a 306. I keep many things available. Many types of juice delivery system and many back-ups.

Another thing I've learned is to not try too hard to make something work. Don't be afraid to just throw it away if it's not quite right anymore. I'm old and not used to living in a disposable world. But, things really ARE disposable. They wear out and need to be replaced. That's been the hardest part for me to adjust to.

Sorry for the rant. All better now.

Thanks thats good advice :)

Darnit. I had a good hitting Joyetech atomizer for dripping. Then I debridged (I shouldn't have listened to this person!) and the vapor is just not as big any longer. My first (and last) debridge. I mean it's there, just not what I'm used to. It seems the mesh and bridge hold the liquid in there better. And now the draw is too easy. I prefer a harder draw. big heavy sigh Live and learn!

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Darnit. I had a good hitting Joyetech atomizer for dripping. Then I debridged (I shouldn't have listened to this person!) and the vapor is just not as big any longer. My first (and last) debridge. I mean it's there, just not what I'm used to. It seems the mesh and bridge hold the liquid in there better. And now the draw is too easy. I prefer a harder draw. big heavy sigh Live and learn!

Wow! Finally found someone who agrees with me about de-bridged atties!

I've bought one de-bridged LR 510 and two de-bridged SR 306's. So, I know it's not because I de-bridged them myself and did it wrong or something. I hate them.

They just don't work as well or taste as good to me. What they remind me of is just a regular old 510 atty compared to a 510-t atty. I have a bunch of old 510's from when I started (had to have a couple of every color, you know). All I use them for now is testing juices.

But, the 510-t is a different story. I had ordered a kit and didn't like the way it wicked, or rather didn't wick. In the process, I accidentally found out that the 510-t is great for dripping. The flavor is almost as good as dripping on a 306. But, the 510-t atty isn't quite as delicate and temperamental as a 306 atty.

However, I did buy a few 510-t atties on sale somewhere and found that the quality isn't always the same. They got hot faster than the others I had bought. The bad ones I bought at MyFreedomSmokes. I've bought good ones at Cignot and at TotallyWicked.

It may have just been a bad batch, like that last batch of 306's that I bought from Madvapes. Way too hot! I gave them away. All the other SR 306's I had bought from MadVapes were fine. Just one bad batch.

It may be the same thing with the 510-t's and MyFreedomSmokes. But, either way, I still won't buy 510-t atties from them anymore - not when I have 2 other places that I've had GOOD experiences with. Why bother?

RJ, enjoy your un-debridged atties! And, enjoy the fact that you don't have to go to the trouble to de-bridge atties or to have to search around to find them already de-bridged. The pleasures of simplicity!

RJ, enjoy your un-debridged atties! And, enjoy the fact that you don't have to go to the trouble to de-bridge atties or to have to search around to find them already de-bridged. The pleasures of simplicity!

Yep, if it ain't broke don't fix it! Typed as I wipe liquid off my tongue from this debridged thing. I also bought two longer atty's today (by accident). Nah, I like the shorter ones. I've taken the fast train through the learning curve. :facepalm:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Yep, if it ain't broke don't fix it! Typed as I wipe liquid off my tongue from this debridged thing. I also bought two longer atty's today (by accident). Nah, I like the shorter ones. I've taken the fast train through the learning curve. :facepalm:
Absolutely! Just learn and move on!

Just think of money spent on what doesn't work as both an educational expense and the price of an insurance policy that guarantees that you remain a non-smoker!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Wow! Finally found someone who agrees with me about de-bridged atties!
I'm sure there are plenty of people who agree with you.

I've never debridged an atomizer, so I can't say anything about how that would work out for me.
But in my opinion there is no reason whatsoever to debridge an atomizer.

All the reasons people have given to debridge them, I don't think would be a problem if they would learn how to clean them properly.
At least that's my opinion.

And it stands to reason that debridging them will make them hold less juice.
And for what benefit? None that I can see.

Last edited:

WNCmotard

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2012
Western NC
I've been vaping for a little over a week now, and just started dripping on Friday. I was a bit intimidated by some of the horror stories I had read here and other places on the interwebs at first. And I didn't get enough juice in my new atty at first, and got the worst tasting thing i've ever inhaled in my life. But once I got it right, OMG at the flavor. Now, I totally get it, and it's my preferred method of vaping when at home.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
It's funny that some are saying there is no point in de-bridging when I see just as many saying there is no point to have a bridge (in other threads). I recently have fallen in love with bridgeless attys. Some are spitty, which is a deal breaker, unless you have proper drip tips, and the others are absolutely great (try the 901 Premium bridgeless atty from Empire Mods). I will sometimes de-bridge an atty towards the end of its life and get a resurgence of performance that is quite frankly, sometimes better than it was to start. Attys are funny things and no two are really ever going to be the exact same, so it stands to reason that the same is the case with bridge-less attys. Bridge or no bridge, just give me the damn atty!

nepatitan

ECF Veteran
Aug 22, 2012
North Eastern Pennsylvania
@Oniko
Just got my twist today as well! Got a boge atty too. Its amazing dripping, just crank the twist up to 4.8 and drip away, OMG the flavor and vapor is amazing!

I don't quite get it either, but then I've only been vaping for a week :) Just got an Ego Twist today and it's bloody brilliant.

jimbalny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2011
New York
It's funny that some are saying there is no point in de-bridging when I see just as many saying there is no point to have a bridge (in other threads). I recently have fallen in love with bridgeless attys. Some are spitty, which is a deal breaker, unless you have proper drip tips, and the others are absolutely great (try the 901 Premium bridgeless atty from Empire Mods). I will sometimes de-bridge an atty towards the end of its life and get a resurgence of performance that is quite frankly, sometimes better than it was to start. Attys are funny things and no two are really ever going to be the exact same, so it stands to reason that the same is the case with bridge-less attys. Bridge or no bridge, just give me the damn atty!

I agree that it totally varies from atty to atty, even with the same exact type and resistance there are variations. It's always a tossup whether or not you're going to get good wicking/flavor because there are so many factors involved. Some of which happen during manufacturing, some of which are all due to the atty's design, etc. Then there's the other factors such as e-liquid, voltage, mod it's being vaped on and the actual user.

I've found that airflow is one of the most important factors in taste that are often overlooked. When I first tried an io6 on my reo grand it tasted terrible and had bad airflow just because of the way the connector is. Debridging/dewicking is a last resort attempt at resurrection for me if an atty performs poorly after a while or tastes bad from the get go. In this case it didn't make a difference. When I opened a new one and tried it without any modification I got the same thing, bad taste. So I made the airholes on the side of the atty's connector a little bigger and presto. Those of you who have messed around with genesis and other rebuildable atties know, airflow makes a big difference in taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread