Status
Not open for further replies.

AttyPops

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2010
Hc Svnt Dracones - USA EST
2 or 3 drops at a time.

Also, try a different atty if it keeps leaking. I use a standard atty with the mesh and bridge intact. The bridge is designed to hold e-juice and wick it to the coils. That's what it's there for.

No leaks (unless I get interrupted and forget I dripped, then I drip again and flood it).

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I must say, I am happy my ProVari has a nice drip well! Cause when I first stated dripping it would always fill up. Check out empire mods for a drip shield. It will rectify that problem, but you will also need a sealed regular size (not shorty) 510-510 adapter. Try to stick with it, it is worth it!

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
I drip 100% of the time, but never tried a dripping atomizer.
Never debridged an atomizer either, just don't see any reason to.

Dripping is as easy as pie... Been at it for well over 2 years... Best taste and best performance IMO.
I have debridged attys in past, but found they work better with the bridge in place(Bridge and mesh hold more juice)
The big thing is a few times a day I blow my attys clear, clean the threads and redrip with 3 drops... Blowing then out keeps them at peak performance levels... When your atty starts to taste dry re-drip with 3 drops....

I still love the Genuine Joye 510s the best....

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
All attys leak, if given half a chance. They all have these damned inconvenient holes in the bottom, and gravity works. Bridgeless attys are especially problematic, and IMHO not worth whatever minor advantages they claim.

Far more sensible to me was taking matters in the opposite direction by adding steel mesh wicking, rather than removing it. The idea is called a bonut; it's essentially a stainless steel pipe filter rolled into a donut shape and dropped into an atty around the bridge: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/atomizer-mods/221377-stainless-steel-doughnuts-dripping.html

Last edited:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I hated dripping until I discovered drip shields - I thought it was a messy waste of juice :)
A drip shield will solve the mess & waste problem - it holds any excess juice in reserve to be fed back into the atty as you vape.
There are a number of vendors who sell them, EmpireMods is probably the best known, and they have a great selection.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Drip shields are good, I use em too,,,,,, But you guys are aware you can very easily take the Atty apart by just putting it on a mod and wiggling it left and right putting pressure opposite ways while its on a tough mod like a Provari or using an old Ego batt or just the top piece of an ego Batt and 2 vice grips right ? then buy yourself some of the good SS Wool mes and add a piece up under the cup and up the side, and can even wrap a piece around the cup and make a bootleg 357 Atty right,,, this will help your Atty's hold more juice and not leak as much :) Little practice with some old Atty's makes perfect too :)

PoliticallyIncorrect

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2010
SoCal
...But you guys are aware you can very easily take the Atty apart by just putting it on a mod and wiggling it left and right putting pressure opposite ways while its on a tough mod like a Provari or using an old Ego batt or just the top piece of an ego Batt and 2 vice grips right ? then buy yourself some of the good SS Wool mes and add a piece up under the cup and up the side, and can even wrap a piece around the cup and make a bootleg 357 Atty right,,, this will help your Atty's hold more juice and not leak as much :) Little practice with some old Atty's makes perfect too :)

Why yes. I knew all that. I make a routine daily practice of mounting my atty into a particularly robust mod (or, failing that, two vice grips), wiggling it around, then driving to a nearby hardware store for stainless wool mesh. Upon returning home, I surgically implant it—after a little practice on old attys—under the cup. And up one side.

It's no trouble at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread