• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Driving in to see The Hip - Border Declaration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Coming from Metro Detroit via the Bluewater Bridge, I'll be hitting what very well may be the last Hip shows I'll ever see (life is indefeasibly cruel) in London and Hamilton.

My last trip across the border was in 99/00 for the NYE/NYD Hip & Friends shows at ACC, so I have no recent frame of reference.

I'll be bringing a couple of mods, batteries, chargers, & e-liquid, all for personal consumption, so I don't believe it would necessary to declare those things at the border, but I'm concerned about what might happen if they notice my vape setting in the console.

I guess I'm looking for reassurance from locals or frequent bridge travelers that my gear won't be confiscated en route. The looming finality of this tour and the ache for Gord and his family (& fans) has me more than a little on edge.

Thanks in advance for any insight, whether it be reassurance or warning.

Reactions: Maiar

Scottitude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2010
Metro Detroit
scottitude.net
Thanks for the replies. I'd already hit the road before them though, and they didn't bat an eye at my vape setting in the cup holder.

The border agent got a big kick out of my "Hip Fan" vanity plate and she knew exactly where and why I was crossing so it took all of 30 seconds.

It was my 18th Hip show since '95 and number 19 is next week in Hamilton. Got beaten by the ticket bots for all three Toronto shows, Ottawa, and Kingston, but I can't complain about two out of seven, I guess.

Thanks again for the input.

Maiar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2014
Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada
It was my 18th Hip show since '95 and number 19 is next week in Hamilton.
Thanks again for the input.
And see now I'm sad because seeing the Hip was always something I'd get around to later. And now with Gord's diagnosis it's too late :(
They've literally been around my entire life. And honestly I can't imagine my life if they hadn't been there.

Reactions: nelsonm64
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread