Drop in and drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gambit4king

Sep 13, 2014
florida
What is up family. I'm new the Ecf not new to vaping. I been vaping for 4 years. I love my RTA'S and my box mods. The last 3 weeks I have been obsessing, studying and reading everything DIY. I picked a vendor. Got some recipes ready. I have the place I want to get my Nicotine from.. Wizard Labs.. Nudenicotine. Worried about shipping. But it's all good. I hope. I have no questions. (Drip) Drop me some first time pointers, if you want. Thanks for all your post. Support.

Reactions: BrotherBob

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
For DIY start with SMALL batches like 1 ML batch and document everything you do. Also do not add nic until you got the flavor right. That way if it is gross you are not tossing much of anything. Document so that if you got it right you can do it again. :)

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
I have a app on my phone. I enter a the percentage and go to weight and voila.. Diy by the .00 grams. Great advise. Will do. 1 lick, NO NIC UNLESS IT'S THE ONE going on the wick. Cool B)
Use one of your RDA's to test the flavor on that way it is easy to yank the cotton and clean it between testings so you KNOW what you taste is the new batch not some mix of the old one.

Bonskibon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2015
For DIY start with SMALL batches like 1 ML batch and document everything you do. Also do not add nic until you got the flavor right. That way if it is gross you are not tossing much of anything. Document so that if you got it right you can do it again. :)
That just makes way to much sense. I feel like an idiot now. Wasted nicotine when I didn't have to. :oops:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
That just makes way to much sense. I feel like an idiot now. Wasted nicotine when I didn't have to. :oops:
No learning experience is a waste (as long as no one got hurt). Nic DOES change the flavor some but most people not so much as to have to redo flavors.

Reactions: Bonskibon

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    Use one of your RDA's to test the flavor on that way it is easy to yank the cotton and clean it between testings so you KNOW what you taste is the new batch not some mix of the old one.

In my case, everything that goes in the RDA gets mixed so what one juice actually tastes like in a fresh wick is mostly for academic interest only. Many of my flavors aren't that impressive alone but a fixed mix will never be as interesting or occasionally amazing as a constantly changing one. Issues such as varying persistence of different flavors can be manually corrected for, or when it gets too strong give a shot of unflavored. THIS, to me, is how DIY goes hand in hand with dripping. I mostly use old fave commercial juices in my little tanks (2-3 bottles/year).

As to making small amounts, funny my first order seemed like a lot of PG and VG to vape, but then I realized it was only about 3 ml per flavor I bought (the nic took 6 months to finish at my rate though). Now that I have the gallons, 5-8 ml in a 10 ml bottle or 15 in a 30 is plenty small. I still don't make large batches even of stuff I use constantly, making it over and over allows for tweaking. I also will make single flavor mixes partially to get them steeping. Then these single flavors can be experimented with later, first mixing direct into RDA, sometimes remixing them into a little 10 ml glass "day bottle". You don't actively throw away much by that method, unlike a complex mix you know is beyond hope, although a growing number of bottles sit around orphaned until you finally clear them out (my numbered bottle sequence just hit #99).

Reactions: gambit4king

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Dec 24, 2014
    Sunnyvale,CA,USA
    What is up family. I'm new the Ecf not new to vaping. I been vaping for 4 years. I love my RTA'S and my box mods. The last 3 weeks I have been obsessing, studying and reading everything DIY. I picked a vendor. Got some recipes ready. I have the place I want to get my Nicotine from.. Wizard Labs.. Nudenicotine. Worried about shipping. But it's all good. I hope. I have no questions. (Drip) Drop me some first time pointers, if you want. Thanks for all your post. Support.
    Welcome and glad you joined. You now are in the fun area of vaping. Happy experimenting and great choice of vendors.
    Might like to read the following compilations:
    dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum
    diy_beginners_guide - DIY_eJuice
    http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/
    DIY E-Juice Resources: Over 100+ DIY E-Juice Resources – E Juice Makers
    Getting Started: DIY 101 – Mixing Your Own eLiquid
    http://diyordievaping.com/category/latestnews/beginnertips/
    A Beginner's Guide To Making The Most Highly-Rated Recipes by Scottes777 • r/electronic_cigarette
    What you need to know as as far as supplies and safety for the first time juicer. | E-Cigarette Forum

Reactions: gambit4king

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Just Me and My Thinking.

But when a person is New to DIY, I don't think they should worry about making Very Small Batches. Because doing DIY is basically Dirt Cheap. And Very Small Batches require you to Measure on Teeny Tiny Levels where normal measuring variations can have Noticeable Effects.

I say while a person is still in the Early Stages of DIY, just make 15 ~ 30ml Batches. And if you Screw something up and have to Toss 60 cents or so worth of Ingredients, choke it up to the Cost of the Learning Curve.

But that's just Me.

Last edited:

gambit4king

Sep 13, 2014
    florida
    Good stuff. Yeah completely ridiculous how much we save. I remember my first mech mod from fast tech thought i would have it for life, until I realized that China cloned items are not good and the button would get to hot.. Upgraded to Sigelei before temp control was even out. I've always been a bargain e-juice shopper. This just feels like three next step... I wanted to quit smoking, well I did. And I found this love affair with building coils and e-juice that blows my mind. I'm a flavor chaser that likes it a little cloudy. I have been working on recipes and writing down everything. I feel bad for people who don't learn before they get involved.... Like battery safety. And nicotine safety. I don't get to hang out with many vapers. But I feel connected to them. When I see them. Our faces light up. But we are not tipping our hats at each other. We tip our devices. Like we are on the inside of a great secret and you can only learn the secret by finding answers to questions that beg to be answered. Respect. Thanks for all you guys do.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread