Status
Not open for further replies.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Actually I wiped out on the ice and the ProVari took a very nasty fall on the concrete.

Some really deep gouges and a chip broken off the side of the button.

Still Vapes like brand new :)

268082314fef3117b8a7fe8d2cb4edcc.jpg

Sent via iPhone

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm fine, thanks, as is the ProVari ... it must have fell flat, scratched the whole side and chipped a piece of the button off.

that Ti has had the same DIY flavour in it for 2 years ... my true ADV.

the ProVari 2.5 is the gold standard in durable vapes.

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Actually I wiped out on the ice and the ProVari took a very nasty fall on the concrete.

I can't hit "like" on this one, but I had to reply. With all of my 'issues', I go down at least once a month. Don't even need a reason like ICE. I feel for you and hope any aches or pains fade fast.

I am still nursing the scabs on my left elbow from my most recent slide in the hallway when my legs didn't keep up with my torso so down I went and slid another five feet and my Radius about 7-10' more.

The bottom plate on the Radius looks close to your photo, and (sadly) my one and only Kabuki is no longer 'round' at the top but closer to nine-sided. But everything vapes like the day I got em :)

Sidenote: I finally sent in my P3 as my Kabuki won't fire when on it. Easy peasy! The Longest part was me getting to the PO to get it mailed off. Thinking maybe 6-8 days from Ohio to ProVape and back to me, total cost $15 bucks (needed a new center pin) years out of warranty, bought when first released and a free update too of course.

This was you one and only free-fall... (pun)
/snicker

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Oh geez. Thats too bad that it is marred, but its inner beauty still shines through. I doubt most regulated devices made today would survive that fall.

Im sure that you can send it to be refinished/ refurbished if you wanted to restore it. Ive seen examples of many mechs etc restored from worse than that. I bet if you talk to "Zen" or Provape they would be able to fix it up to showroom condition.

I would wear those "scars" with pride.

APF

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Qualicum Beach BC
,m

Sent via iPhone
Now that is a real bummer, but it is good to hear that you are OK, Willy. I am so OCD that those gouges would drive me even more crazy than I already am. :confused:

darkangel07760

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 29, 2015
I can't hit "like" on this one, but I had to reply. With all of my 'issues', I go down at least once a month. Don't even need a reason like ICE. I feel for you and hope any aches or pains fade fast.

I am still nursing the scabs on my left elbow from my most recent slide in the hallway when my legs didn't keep up with my torso so down I went and slid another five feet and my Radius about 7-10' more.

The bottom plate on the Radius looks close to your photo, and (sadly) my one and only Kabuki is no longer 'round' at the top but closer to nine-sided. But everything vapes like the day I got em :)

Sidenote: I finally sent in my P3 as my Kabuki won't fire when on it. Easy peasy! The Longest part was me getting to the PO to get it mailed off. Thinking maybe 6-8 days from Ohio to ProVape and back to me, total cost $15 bucks (needed a new center pin) years out of warranty, bought when first released and a free update too of course.

This was you one and only free-fall... (pun)
/snicker

How do you keep your Kabuki glass from breaking??? I have had so many issues with mine, even with a rubber ring, I love my Kabukis but they just sit in my cabinet :(

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
How do you keep your Kabuki glass from breaking??? I have had so many issues with mine, even with a rubber ring, I love my Kabukis but they just sit in my cabinet :(

Could you maybe be screwing it together too tightly when you refill ?

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA

Sent via iPhone
Sorry to see those scratches,,wait, I thought titanium was very hard to scratch, if not impossible..glad you didn't get hurt..

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com

A very special friend on this very thread (remaining nameless so I di not embarrass) made me a poly long before Ken was talked into offering them. Friend sent me two, I am still on the very first one, zero issues of any kind. The friend is my hero as my hands are too messed up to do this for myself. You can buy the Poly now for like $7 bucks each!

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
Sorry to see those scratches,,wait, I thought titanium was very hard to scratch, if not impossible..glad you didn't get hurt..

My head sorta hurts too. I wear a titanium bracelet that is bout 10-13yrs old now, never polished or scratched, we got it for that reason? I'm just a dumb retired truck driver so what do I know...

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
A very special friend on this very thread (remaining nameless so I di not embarrass) made me a poly long before Ken was talked into offering them. Friend sent me two, I am still on the very first one, zero issues of any kind. The friend is my hero as my hands are too messed up to do this for myself. You can buy the Poly now for like $7 bucks each!
I thought certain juices would crack poly tanks..that's why I never have used them in the past..

Reactions: AstroTurf

Peter_C

Who?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
Akron, Ohio
www.facebook.com
I thought certain juices would crack poly tanks..that's why I never have used them in the past..

True I guess? I only vape "GVC" so I wouldn't know - but it is a slower process I hear, whereas breaking glass is quick, and glass costs more than poly - so buy 3 poly for $21 and try it?

Reactions: AstroTurf
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread