Dropped my Limited Ti 2.5 on concrete

Status
Not open for further replies.

smacksy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2014
Alexandria, Louisiana USA
For me safety is my number one concern..the thought of my juice slowly reacting with a poly tank causing it to melt and eventually crack is not something I want to put into my lungs....glass may cost more but it's safety is worth it, least it is to me.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: AstroTurf

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    Actually I wiped out on the ice and the ProVari took a very nasty fall on the concrete.

Some really deep gouges and a chip broken off the side of the button.

Still Vapes like brand new :)

268082314fef3117b8a7fe8d2cb4edcc.jpg

Sent via iPhone
    I'd send a sample in for testing. Looks and scratches like Aluminum. Would account for the lightness.

:) Glad you're OK and Merry Christmas

Peter_C

Who?
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2013
    Akron, Ohio
    www.facebook.com
    For me safety is my number one concern..the thought of my juice slowly reacting with a poly tank causing it to melt and eventually crack is not something I want to put into my lungs....glass may cost more but it's safety is worth it, least it is to me.

I do hear what you are writing, but I am not smart enough to know whether or not if that is a legit concern or not? I dunno? I guess the first question is if you even vape any juices that can crack poly tanks? Then if concerned do not use them in any poly tanks, or, find someone who knows if that concern is legit or not?

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    I do hear what you are writing, but I am not smart enough to know whether or not if that is a legit concern or not? I dunno? I guess the first question is if you even vape any juices that can crack poly tanks? Then if concerned do not use them in any poly tanks, or, find someone who knows if that concern is legit or not?
    No Peter I've never had a plastic tank melt on me because I was aware of the potential problem years ago..
    1a291debcd0c809b97f78d9ef40a94c2.jpg
    This screenshot from Cloud9 talks a little about it... research it yourself for more info if you like..

Last edited:

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 4, 2014
    Sorry to see those scratches,,wait, I thought titanium was very hard to scratch, if not impossible..glad you didn't get hurt..

I think Willy went down on top of it, greatly increasing the force applied.

Mine have gone down on their own with no damage.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 21, 2015
    Toronto, Canada
    I thought certain juices would crack poly tanks..that's why I never have used them in the past..

What about steel? $15 and will last forever.

@WillyZee we call that "reliced". Some people pay more for worn looking stuff like guitars and clothes. Why not mods?;)

Glad UR ok. Better a Provari being damaged than your noggin, hip, elbow, etc. My wife dropped her zombie P3 three times today alone. They are definately rugged buggers!

r77r7r

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    What about steel? $15 and will last forever.

@WillyZee we call that "reliced". Some people pay more for worn looking stuff like guitars and clothes. Why not mods?;)

Glad UR ok. Better a Provari being damaged than your noggin, hip, elbow, etc. My wife dropped her zombie P3 three times today alone. They are definately rugged buggers!
    Its a zombie already so you don't have to worry :)

WillyZee

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 23, 2013
    Toronto
    Sorry to see those scratches,,wait, I thought titanium was very hard to scratch, if not impossible..glad you didn't get hurt..

My head sorta hurts too. I wear a titanium bracelet that is bout 10-13yrs old now, never polished or scratched, we got it for that reason? I'm just a dumb retired truck driver so what do I know...

I'd send a sample in for testing. Looks and scratches like Aluminum. Would account for the lightness.

:) Glad you're OK and Merry Christmas

I think Willy went down on top of it, greatly increasing the force applied.

Mine have gone down on their own with no damage.

the ProVari definitely hit the concrete very hard ... I do believe the ProVari broke my fall and likely saved my life ... again :smokie:

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Oh, how comes it doesn't just show up as a pict? It does on my device...
    Your using the wrong app to post your pics. You could install the Tapatalk app, and follow all your forums on one page, including this one
    4b2a424bd6059af315a2ac04abcb231f.jpg
    Makes posting a pic or document or videos super easy..and nobody has to download to view it, like the one i just posted above..just a thought

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    I use the Puffin browser on an Android tab half the day. Never heard anyone say anything about picts not showing up. Perhaps it is what you are using. Yep, it's you :)
    2821e40fe90f5749920e456ffedda8f8.jpg

This is a screenshot of your pic as it looks on my Turbo2...you see the data size required to download for viewing?..True I have to touch it to download and waste data, but your pic then goes to my download file and I have to waste more data to delete it..So I don't view pics I have to download... including yours, sorry

smacksy

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 17, 2014
    Ok. So there is a way that I can post a picture that makes it easy for you Data using people, or is this a common and accepted way of things?
    I think we hijacked this thread enough already... and dinner is calling my name..later r77

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread