• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Druid vaper here

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I used to follow the neo druid path (my patron goddess was Epona). I've long since adopted a more all inclusive spirituality, adopting things I like and agree with from all aspects of religion, like including a lot of eastern philosophy.

Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
Lugh is my patron god. Which isnt surprising since Im an artist.

My favorite pagan holiday is Lughnasa.

Kind of surprised you didnt mention that one too Lannie but I guess as a farmer harvest time keep you pretty busy

Well, I kinda sorta "celebrate" that one every week when I grind wheat and make bread. I don't HARVEST the wheat, but I grind it and make wonderful, fluffy, soft bread out of it every week or so. Making soft, fluffy bread out of 100% coarse ground whole wheat is an art, let me tell you. So every time I make it, it's like a celebration. ;)

I used to follow the neo druid path (my patron goddess was Epona).

Now, WHY does that not surprise me? :lol: (Nice to see you here, though, Cody!)

I guess I never was formal enough to have a patron god or goddess. I'm too self-reliant, I guess. I used to think my patron was Cernunnos, but then I realized, I create my own reality, there IS no Cernunnos, it's just more dogma... (I hope I'm not offending anyone here!) My own belief is that "god" is the totality of consciousness of all the living creatures in the universe. Like "the Force." And when we (or any consciousness) dies, we go back to the source, and it's a joyous thing. We come here to learn and experience things in the physical, even though in spirit we "know everything" already, because we're all tiny pieces of The God Consciousness. Go ahead. Laugh. I don't mind. :) But that's how I think it is, and I believe magic is real, but not like in books and TV. It's a person's Field of Intentions, and properly focused, you can make things happen. Well, you make things happen every minute of your life, but I mean doing it with INTENT, and guiding the outcome yourself, as opposed to just reacting to things that happen "randomly."

And I also don't mean something will just "pop into existence," either, but the thing you were wanting will become available and it will be easy to obtain. It might appear as a gift from someone, or you might find it on sale, but it will become easily available, by whatever means. As one example (and I have a long list of them!) we needed a Bobcat to move snow with many years ago, so I set to work imagining that Bobcat sitting in the shop, or being driven around by Rich, moving the snow and making paths. Then one day one of the neighbors called and said, "Weren't you guys looking for a skidsteer?" LOL! He told us a friend of his worked at the tractor dealer in Rapid and had just gotten in a nice used Bobcat and it wasn't very much money because it was pretty old, so Rich went down there, looked at it, and bought it. It was less than half the price of the other ones he'd been looking at before. I consider that "a working." And there have been many in my life. More when I'm thinking about it. ;)

That was probably too much information, but what the heck. Like I said, I don't mind if you laugh. ;) I'm used to it. :D

~Lannie

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Well, I kinda sorta "celebrate" that one every week when I grind wheat and make bread. I don't HARVEST the wheat, but I grind it and make wonderful, fluffy, soft bread out of it every week or so. Making soft, fluffy bread out of 100% coarse ground whole wheat is an art, let me tell you. So every time I make it, it's like a celebration. ;)

Now, WHY does that not surprise me? [emoji38] (Nice to see you here, though, Cody!)

I guess I never was formal enough to have a patron god or goddess. I'm too self-reliant, I guess. I used to think my patron was Cernunnos, but then I realized, I create my own reality, there IS no Cernunnos, it's just more dogma... (I hope I'm not offending anyone here!) My own belief is that "god" is the totality of consciousness of all the living creatures in the universe. Like "the Force." And when we (or any consciousness) dies, we go back to the source, and it's a joyous thing. We come here to learn and experience things in the physical, even though in spirit we "know everything" already, because we're all tiny pieces of The God Consciousness. Go ahead. Laugh. I don't mind. :) But that's how I think it is, and I believe magic is real, but not like in books and TV. It's a person's Field of Intentions, and properly focused, you can make things happen. Well, you make things happen every minute of your life, but I mean doing it with INTENT, and guiding the outcome yourself, as opposed to just reacting to things that happen "randomly."

And I also don't mean something will just "pop into existence," either, but the thing you were wanting will become available and it will be easy to obtain. It might appear as a gift from someone, or you might find it on sale, but it will become easily available, by whatever means. As one example (and I have a long list of them!) we needed a Bobcat to move snow with many years ago, so I set to work imagining that Bobcat sitting in the shop, or being driven around by Rich, moving the snow and making paths. Then one day one of the neighbors called and said, "Weren't you guys looking for a skidsteer?" LOL! He told us a friend of his worked at the tractor dealer in Rapid and had just gotten in a nice used Bobcat and it wasn't very much money because it was pretty old, so Rich went down there, looked at it, and bought it. It was less than half the price of the other ones he'd been looking at before. I consider that "a working." And there have been many in my life. More when I'm thinking about it. ;)

That was probably too much information, but what the heck. Like I said, I don't mind if you laugh. ;) I'm used to it. :D

~Lannie
That's not offensive.....a key teaching in neo druidism is that all gods are one god. They are all part of the fundamental source. Putting a name and attributes to a god is our way as humans to conceptualize that portion of the source we wish to work with.

There is some deeper esoteric questions as to whether or not our naming a god creates self awareness, but the source is the same ;)

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
I tried to do a circle a few times, when I was first learning, and this one book I had, which I REALLY liked, because the lady who wrote it thinks a lot like I do, said to "pick a name for the Lord and Lady" in the ceremony. I was like WHA? How can you name THAT? Since my little ceremony was non-verbal anyway, I just *thought* of my "god concept," and called it good.

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the dragons. :)

~Lannie

Reactions: liblue1

MaxwellPink

ECF Veteran
Within the small group of yahoos I hang with, it's not so much all gods are one, but that they are representatives of a being far beyond our comprehension. District managers, if you will, each with their own way of running things, and reporting back to the "All".

I don't have a patron, at least not in the sense that others do,I guess. I was taught Woden and Freya would provide if they felt I needed/deserved it, and I always felt it would insult them if I asked anyone else for help. :blink:

Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Hey, you guys? What's going on with you all today? I just realized this thread's been dead for FOUR DAYS now! LOL! I'm still waiting on my cow to have her calf. It's going to be a little girl (I know these things - it's like magic!) and she should be born right around Mabon sometime, in fact her due date is the 20th, so help me think of a good name for her, would you? I was thinking Mabel, but eeeuuuuwww, I don't really like that name. Can anyone think of something else that would be "harvest-festival" related and still be a girly kind of name? Or even not girly, but just not masculine. I mean, her momma's name is Bandit, and her big sister's name is Cricket, so it doesn't HAVE to be a girly name.

Anybody have any ideas?

~Lannie

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Hey, you guys? What's going on with you all today? I just realized this thread's been dead for FOUR DAYS now! LOL! I'm still waiting on my cow to have her calf. It's going to be a little girl (I know these things - it's like magic!) and she should be born right around Mabon sometime, in fact her due date is the 20th, so help me think of a good name for her, would you? I was thinking Mabel, but eeeuuuuwww, I don't really like that name. Can anyone think of something else that would be "harvest-festival" related and still be a girly kind of name? Or even not girly, but just not masculine. I mean, her momma's name is Bandit, and her big sister's name is Cricket, so it doesn't HAVE to be a girly name.

Anybody have any ideas?

~Lannie
Morrigan
Maeve
Brighid

Anybody have any ideas?

~Lannie
Morrigan
Maeve

Reactions: Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Oh, a bunch of good names, there, thank you! See? Between Chicklet yelling in my ear all the time and being stuck in the barn with a bunch of screaming guineas (screaming because I was in there and it was raining :rolleyes: ) most of my brain cells have been damaged beyond repair. At least that's what it feels like right now.

I'm gonna go think on those now and see if I like one better than the others. ;) Thanks!

~Lannie

Reactions: MaxwellPink

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Well, after all that, Rich (hubby) decided he wanted to call her Crystal (The Dark Crystal). She was born last night. I got there seconds after she hit the ground. Bandit was JUST getting up after pushing her out! LOL! She's a wobbly cute little Hershey-bar colored girl, and just darling. So fine and delicate. She almost looks like a baby horse instead of a baby cow. ;) She'll grow into a strapping big girl eventually, and I'll marvel that I ever considered she was "delicate!" LOL! But today she is. I so love watching the new babies being born (or hatched, as the case may be) and the mommies taking such good care of them. It just melts my heart to see it. :wub:

Happy Birthday, Crystal! :bday: Our little Mabon baby. :)

~Lannie

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
Crystal....from the Greek word krystallos, meaning ice.

Numerology - cheerful and friendly, but prone to be impulsive/emotional, strong willed, with a strong need for freedom.

Sounds like she will be friendly, opinionated and very independent ;)

OMG, YOU NAILED IT! I wish I could like your post a thousand times! If she's anything at all like her big sister, Helen, she will be ALL those things and more! ROFLMAO!

~Lannie

Reactions: USMCotaku
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread