Dry burn protank heads

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgboogie19

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2013
Hagerstown, MD
Need to know the correct procedure to dry burn these after ive cleaned them. Do i put the coil in the protank base and then screw it to the battery or just screw the coil in? Do i take the stem off? Do i leave the flavor wicks in during this? What wattage or voltage should i use? How many times and for how long do i hit the fire button? Anything else? Thanks.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
Hey take the stem and flavor wicks out let it dry before dry burning. Screw it into the base and onto the battery then turn the volts down to like 3.5 and the fire it for like 3 to 5 seconds then cool for 10 seconds and re burn till the coils glow red usually around 10 burns will burn the junk off. Then let cool completely and rinse underwater to get any remaining crud off otherwise it wont taste as good then when its dry reassemble.

vdaedalus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Ottawa, Canada
Definitely check out the YouTube videos, the 317 Vapers one is really straightforward.

One thing I do differently, though, is I torch my flavour wicks separately after a rinse (or replace them if you have 1mm silica hanging around). Just hold the flavour wicks with tweezers and burn the crud off with a brulée torch until they glow, you'll actually see them blacken first as the crud burns off (like with the main wick inside the coil).

Once everything is burned and clean, I rinse again (the smoke that comes off during the dry burn has a way of sticking around if you don't rinse, I find), let dry overnight, and I'm good to go. Keep in mind that these coils are a buck each, pretty much; you won't get months and months of mileage out of them. However I do manage to get mine clean and producing clean-tasting vapour maybe three times as long by cleaning and dry burning them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread