Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Slummy, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Slummy

Slummy Senior Member ECF Veteran

I watched a few video tutorials on cleaning them out, one of them after cleaning would dry burn on and off until the coil starts to glow orange.

Is this perfectly ok? will it damage it in anyway? dont particularly fancy waiting a long time between cleans....

2. Sheila Michele 1971

Sheila Michele 1971 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ive dry burned all my clearos multiple times. Just make sure that you arent holding the fire button down for more than a few seconds at a time, and stop when you dont see stuff burning off it. Some of us put a drop of juice on the coil after dry burning to get rid of the taste before putting it back together.

3. Slummy

ThankS Sheila, what about for the ones that aren't rebuildable, do you still dry burn those after rinsing out?

4. Vapoor eyes er

Vapoor eyes er ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Yep short 2-3 bursts until there's no more smoke coming from the coil. Remove the silicon cap beforehand of course. After dry burning I rinse the head under hot water to remove the ash.
    Washing cleans the wick and tank while dry burning turns the gunked up juice on the coil into ash.

5. Maky

Maky Full Member

Hey slummy, I just got my first clearomizer but I cannot see a coil that glows red or anything. How exactly do you clean your clearomizer ?

I have 2 wicks that go into a tube. I think the heating thing is hidden in the tube that the vapour pulls through. Do you just boil them like a cartomizer? I was wondering if the heat would crack the glass?

6. Fleecelined

Fleecelined Full Member

I've cleaned all my clearos and wicks but not by boiling. I soak them overnight in a vinegar and baking soda mixture. Rinse really well and let air dry. Some of the more potent flavors tend to taint the wicks to a degree, but eventually seem to dissipate after a while. Honestly, I am surprised how durable they seem to be!

Good luck.

7. Maky

Maky Full Member

Is it a 50 50 vinegar baking soda ratio? Do you just clean them when changing flavours?

8. Slummy

@ fleecelined, wah thats a bit too much lol, i have so many new juices i want to try :)

i just cleaned my rebuildable clearo, took everything apart, rinse in warm water, dry with a tissue, take the silicone head off, attack to battery then dry burn in like 3 or 4 secs bursts until the coil that starts to glow orange, then put everything back together... used it straight after and it worked as well as new

but for my non rebuildable clearo... i rinsed it out a couple of times with warm water under the tap.... but for dry burning, it has not silicone head to take off, so cant see the coil to know when im done dry burning or not??? and condensation forms in the tube. just want to get it all dry and clean so i can use it again with a new flavour in as little time as possible.

9. Maky

Maky Full Member

Yes I think mine isnt rebuildable too. I can only screw the lid/mouth piece off. I will just rinse with warm water first then try vinegar if warm water dosn't work so well. To be honest I love my RY4 liquid soo much I doubt I will change any time soon.

10. Slummy

Ok I was able to dry burn it to the point I could see the coil go orang through the tiny hole, but there's still quite a bit of condensation in the tube. Tried a hair dryer but didn't work. I suppose a tiny bit of water won't do any harm
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365698812.159426.jpg

11. Maky

Maky Full Member

I have read somewhere that someone was actually added a small quantity of water to there "thick" liquid to thin it out a little. I guess therefor it won't matter too much.

12. Slummy

Aye, I've read about adding water to juices also, but it should be distiller water. I guess condensed water is kinda distilled :p

13. Slummy

Using the clearo now, tastes and works just fine with the new juice :)

14. ibezee

ibezee Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Using Innokin iclear 16s and just cleaned a few out yesterday. I gave the heads a hot water batch and soaked for about 10 minutes. Towel and air dryed for a little while. Then dry burned the coils until they glowed and gave them another dunk in warm water. and air dry over night. Working like new again. I did trim the wicks a little bit.

15. Slummy

Why do people trim the wicks???

16. Sheila Michele 1971

Sheila Michele 1971 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Ive been told not to wash and dry burn but Ive done it without too many issues. I only use my clearos when I am out and about so they dont get as much use as my carto-tanks.

17. ibezee

The wicks on the iclear 16 are a little long and since its a dual coil clearo it tends to take up a large part of the clearo itself. I've noticed with trimming the wicks the juice delivery is much better with almost no dry hits ever.

18. Slummy

Interesting.. I am also using the iclear 16. If you trim the wicks tho, won't you get leftover juice at the bottom? Also I thought long wicks are better for thick juices. Maybe I will try it on one of them, see of I can notice any difference :)

19. ibezee

You do get a little bit leftover, but I either just tip it and roll the juice on to the wicks or I just fill it up. Trimming the wicks gives more room for juice as well so you fill it less often. I don't know if its just a placebo effect, but I feel like it performs better trimmed.

20. Slummy

One of my new iclears I haven't taken apart yet... The base is screwed on so tightly!!!! Can't get it off without fear I'm gona break it. Got any ideas?

: innokin
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.