Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Ive dry burned all my clearos multiple times. Just make sure that you arent holding the fire button down for more than a few seconds at a time, and stop when you dont see stuff burning off it. Some of us put a drop of juice on the coil after dry burning to get rid of the taste before putting it back together.

Hey slummy, I just got my first clearomizer but I cannot see a coil that glows red or anything. How exactly do you clean your clearomizer ?

I have 2 wicks that go into a tube. I think the heating thing is hidden in the tube that the vapour pulls through. Do you just boil them like a cartomizer? I was wondering if the heat would crack the glass?

I've cleaned all my clearos and wicks but not by boiling. I soak them overnight in a vinegar and baking soda mixture. Rinse really well and let air dry. Some of the more potent flavors tend to taint the wicks to a degree, but eventually seem to dissipate after a while. Honestly, I am surprised how durable they seem to be!

Good luck.

Slummy

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
uk
@ fleecelined, wah thats a bit too much lol, i have so many new juices i want to try :)

i just cleaned my rebuildable clearo, took everything apart, rinse in warm water, dry with a tissue, take the silicone head off, attack to battery then dry burn in like 3 or 4 secs bursts until the coil that starts to glow orange, then put everything back together... used it straight after and it worked as well as new

but for my non rebuildable clearo... i rinsed it out a couple of times with warm water under the tap.... but for dry burning, it has not silicone head to take off, so cant see the coil to know when im done dry burning or not??? and condensation forms in the tube. just want to get it all dry and clean so i can use it again with a new flavour in as little time as possible.

Slummy

ECF Veteran
Apr 5, 2013
uk
Ok I was able to dry burn it to the point I could see the coil go orang through the tiny hole, but there's still quite a bit of condensation in the tube. Tried a hair dryer but didn't work. I suppose a tiny bit of water won't do any harm
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365698812.159426.jpg

ibezee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
The unknown
Using Innokin iclear 16s and just cleaned a few out yesterday. I gave the heads a hot water batch and soaked for about 10 minutes. Towel and air dryed for a little while. Then dry burned the coils until they glowed and gave them another dunk in warm water. and air dry over night. Working like new again. I did trim the wicks a little bit.

Sheila Michele 1971

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
ThankS Sheila, what about for the ones that aren't rebuildable, do you still dry burn those after rinsing out?

Ive been told not to wash and dry burn but Ive done it without too many issues. I only use my clearos when I am out and about so they dont get as much use as my carto-tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread