Dry burning a clearomizer after cleaning?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dry burn is the only way to go with the Vivi Nova tangs for me. After you full dissemble the tank and clean out with warm water making sure the wicks look clean. Then I dry everything off and attach just the head with out the tank, top cap or silicon cap. Then just keep pulsing till the coil is glowing all orange. Then I drop a drop of e juice on the coil before I fill it up. I like to let the tank sit for a little bit and realy soak in the juice before I start to vape.

Good Luck!

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
One of my new iclears I haven't taken apart yet... The base is screwed on so tightly!!!! Can't get it off without fear I'm gona break it. Got any ideas?

I had this issue too...they are on there very tight....if you have a piece of rubber laying around you might be able to use that to get a better grip...i used an old jar opener type of rubber on mine

Vokell

ECF Veteran
Great points, I do the same with my Vivi Novas. the local vape shop guy suggested I soak the nova's in vodka after initial rinse in water, then let dry....I did that one time, didn't see any real difference, just a waste of a couple of shots of vodka...getting the coil to glow orange then shut down, I take a dental pick and scrap if there is any residue after the dry burn, then the ejuice..

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
im not particularly seeing this residue or ash on the coils you guys talk about? maybe because my clearos are still very new, i havnt run much juice through them yet, just been trying a little of different flavours

It's really pretty unnoticeable. i let them cool and then run back under the water. I've not had any problem with say ashy particles in the juice or anything. I have a dental pick and with Vokell's suggestion may try that next. Would cut down on re-drying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread