Dry, DRY throat, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Lukester

Verified Member
Oct 24, 2011
Iowa
I have not lost my voice yet but i have been vaping for about 2.5 months and I can definately notice a major change in my voice. Especially if i try to raise it I just can't do it. I am considering going to a Dr. just for peace of mind. After 2.5 months i can't just keep believing it is my throats need to get used to it.
So far i have tried just pg, just vg and pretty much everycombination of the 2. Also I drink more water than any requirement would suggest.
It seems as though most folks are not encountering this side effect, but a few here and there seem to be and just tend to describe it differently from there situation to the next persons.
Any help would be appreciated if you have gone through something similar to me or know someone else that has feel free to comment thanx!

SonnyCrack

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Florida
I have not lost my voice yet but i have been vaping for about 2.5 months and I can definately notice a major change in my voice. Especially if i try to raise it I just can't do it. I am considering going to a Dr. just for peace of mind. After 2.5 months i can't just keep believing it is my throats need to get used to it.
So far i have tried just pg, just vg and pretty much everycombination of the 2. Also I drink more water than any requirement would suggest.
It seems as though most folks are not encountering this side effect, but a few here and there seem to be and just tend to describe it differently from there situation to the next persons.
Any help would be appreciated if you have gone through something similar to me or know someone else that has feel free to comment thanx!

I was just coming in here to make a post about throat issues.. I've been vaping since April and have always had to "clear" my throat it seems all day.. As well as noticing a slight burning sensation... (neither of which were there when smoking)...... I was going to suggest that is it possible that "throat hit" is actually irratating the throat and possibly damaging it.. Today was kinda of bad.. The vaper felt a lot stronger and irratating then normal, not in my chest, but in my throat..

rival11

Oct 31, 2010
New York
I have been keeping a little journal for approx. 7 months now which I plan on posting in a thread I already created (after I edit it) the thread title beings with "freaking out a little....."

My main issue was with constantly clering my throat and not being able to breath. I can tell you right now this is from the nicotine (trust me, I have done my homework) and with that said, if you were to get rid of the nicotine altogether and just use, say a reduced PG, you would STILL have the same problems but nowhere near as bad (but still enough to annoy you).

Many people do not realize that they are sucking in way more nicotine than they would with a normal cig.

The good news? Well, put it this way, NONE of these problems seem to lead to anything serious but they are very uncomfortable when you're having them. Also, not everyone has these problems (everybody is built differently), also, also, what may work for one person may nto work for you (remedy wise) as is very clear here at ECF - but the good news on that as well is that you can still pick up many tips on what helped other people - DON'T get discouraged if the first thing you try doesn't work for you.

With that said though, if you're a poor schlep like me......NOTHING worked for me - the only thing that took the edge off in full for a while was prilosec for the wicked acid reflux. If nothing works for you (remedies for your throat), in my opinion you only have two options....quit vaping altogether or just do it on the weekends (which is what I now do..with nicotine).

I got so bad with coughing that there were streaks of blood in my phlegm (and it was a mind game because it was the phlegm that came from really deep down but was hitting the little cut in my throat before coming out but I would just be focused on the worst).

It sucks when there is nothing that will cure you but that's just how it is and you have to deal with it.....maybe one day they will find a better way to make these things.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Okay, I figured the first few days would be an adjustment period to inhaling a new substance, but my throat feels horrible still after 7 days..VERY dry and uncomfortable throat 24 hours a day without ease. I've tried gargling salt water but it doesn't help. Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Have you tried Biotene Mouth Rinse and or Spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread