Dry Hits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Continuity

ECF Veteran
Apr 19, 2015
NW, UK
Your PG levels (at 60%) are quite high enough that I don't think it'll be that your juice is too thick.

Are you properly priming your coils before vaping on them?

This is done by dripping juice into all the wicking material until no more can soak in, and then screw it into the full tank, and take a couple of unpowered pulls, then start at low power (temperature) until you've 'broken in' the new coil over the course of your first full tank of juice or so.

What Wattage and temperature are you vaping those coils at?

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Your PG levels (at 60%) are quite high enough that I don't think it'll be that your juice is too thick.

Are you properly priming your coils before vaping on them?

This is done by dripping juice into all the wicking material until no more can soak in, and then screw it into the full tank, and take a couple of unpowered pulls, then start at low power (temperature) until you've 'broken in' the new coil over the course of your first full tank of juice or so.

What Wattage and temperature are you vaping those coils at?
Well I'd been vaping on it for least at two days with no problem. At least two full tanks. Running from ranges of 180-200 C, any higher and burnt taste.

Just suddenly the temperature I have been vaping on has horrible flavour etc.

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Are you sure it's dry hits and not just throat hit? PG = throat hit and flavour VG = Clouds. Try lowering the temp? I think Ni is max 500f and although using high watts ramps up the time it takes to reach 500f it also initially goes over sometimes, I use about 35W-40W not 60w or 75w.

Definitely dry hits.

I tried lowering to around 160 or so, but very little vapor and flavour at that range.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Well I'd been vaping on it for least at two days with no problem. At least two full tanks. Running from ranges of 180-200 C, any higher and burnt taste.

Just suddenly the temperature I have been vaping on has horrible flavour etc.
Oh sounds like you may have burnt your cotton then. Try new coil with my advice and should be ok. 60PG 18mg is pretty strong on throat hit though. Lower watts to 35w-40w so it dont over heat the coil on initial ramp up.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Cool, I started DIY juice after few months and been building my own coils after 4 months. It's pretty easy and mods have short circuit protection so you cant blow up if you do something wrong. CoilToy Coil Calculator website work great, use different drill bits to see which fits snug then just look up what mm size the drill bit is. Most likely 2.5mm.

Reactions: Kyle_1995

Kyle_1995

Jul 5, 2016
Australia
Cool, I started DIY juice after few months and been building my own coils after 4 months. It's pretty easy and mods have short circuit protection so you can blow up if you do something wrong. CoilToy Coil Calculator website work great, use different drill bits to see which fits snug then just look up what mm size the drill bit is. Most likely 2.5mm.

Still a vaping noob, I was using factory coils, so just had to replace em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread