Dry vapor from Boge 510 LR

Status
Not open for further replies.

sakis7

ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2012
Athens Greece
Hallo ,
I prime my carto and open 2 holes with a carto puncher very carefully , no leaks .But i made something wrong .Don't know what .
After some nice tasty and full of vapor puffs i start getting dry vapor and i start coughing .
I wait but i dont see juice wet the carto inside.I puff again the same dry vapor,not burnt.
I use a trap tank .
Any suggestions?

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
In simple terms, you're probably not priming your carto adequately and making sure the wicking material is fully saturated. It needs to fill up enough so that a little juice runs out the holes before you put it in the tank.

I'm sorry I can't offer more, but I don't have much to go on. You punch your own holes... what size are they? What juice... is it thick or thin? Those two variables can make a big difference.

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
Hallo Thank you,
I use 50-50 DIY from Tottaly.
Maybe there is a technique at filling the tank?
If it's a chocolate juice, or something thick and dark, it may not flow all that well.

Technique? Ha ha ha... there are lots of techniques for filling the carto. :)

No special methods for filling a tank... just use a carto tank filling tool.

I just stick a Q-tip shaft (or a toothpick) down the center hole and flood the carto to the top. If you're in a hurry, you can use a carto condom to force the juice into the carto. Me... I just let gravity do it's thing. Only takes a few minutes for the juice to flow out the holes. If you do a search, you'll find several more "methods". :D

If you're punching your own holes, how big are they? At least 1mm?

Vapolith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Hallo ,
I prime my carto and open 2 holes with a carto puncher very carefully , no leaks .But i made something wrong .Don't know what .
After some nice tasty and full of vapor puffs i start getting dry vapor and i start coughing .
I wait but i dont see juice wet the carto inside.I puff again the same dry vapor,not burnt.
I use a trap tank .
Any suggestions?

I swear by the Boge 510 XL Laser Slotted cartos, and the condom method. Even with Boba's Bounty, I never get dry hits and they last a long time, best thing to me, aside from an RBA. Only thing that could choke one quickly is Goodejuice's Patriot, but it's a naturally extracted tobacco juice, so it's hard on anything.

Last edited:

State O' Flux

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2013
Seattle
I swear by the Boge 510 XL Laser Slotted catos
Those, and the Ikenvape 2X3mm hole, "platinum punch" cartos work well with "sludge juice". :)

Actually, the IKVs work well with most any juice... it's in Isaac's proprietary wicking material and coil design - and of course the 3mm holes. ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread