DSE 601C - Cartomizer Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

pr1uk

Jan 29, 2013
Kent
Yeah, the pipe is awesome with LR boges, and the supplied batteries are actually pretty damn good..! I easily get a full day out of them.

What about this extender/adapter? 21mm 510 to 510 Extender / Adapter

When i get time i may try the 510 to 510 adapter plus a 510 to eGo adapter i am sure they will come in handy for something if i can't use them with the 601C

pr1uk

Jan 29, 2013
Kent
When i get time i may try the 510 to 510 adapter plus a 510 to eGo adapter i am sure they will come in handy for something if i can't use them with the 601C[/QUOTE

The 510s and 510 to ego adapter will not work does not seem to send power to the atomizer, oh well i will leave the mods to people who know what they are doing i will have to stick to bog standard
They are the wrong extensions the link is for a battery extension you need the ones with an hole through the middle, simple

Last edited:

pr1uk

Jan 29, 2013
Kent
An easy mod just used
2 x 510 extenders plus a 510 to eGo and an eGo clear atomiser

photo 1.jpg

CarpePM

Jan 31, 2013
Upstate New York
An easy mod just used
2 x 510 extenders plus a 510 to eGo and an eGo clear atomiser

View attachment 176004

I have the DSE601c and I can't put it down! I managed to clean and refill the carts that came with it with varying success. One works great, one is okay, and the last one is a pretty poor performer but, it does produce vapor. I haven't had the best of luck with the 510-510 shorty adapter and a regular cart. If that rig is working for you, and you don't mind me asking, where specifically did you get those 510 adapters and 510 to eGo? Are those the 21mm 510 to 510s? I have some CE5s I'd really like to use with the pipe!

The White Rabbit

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
I have the DSE601c and I can't put it down! I managed to clean and refill the carts that came with it with varying success. One works great, one is okay, and the last one is a pretty poor performer but, it does produce vapor. I haven't had the best of luck with the 510-510 shorty adapter and a regular cart. If that rig is working for you, and you don't mind me asking, where specifically did you get those 510 adapters and 510 to eGo? Are those the 21mm 510 to 510s? I have some CE5s I'd really like to use with the pipe!

I too would like to know this. Links to the exact products you used please. This is the only way I'd use this pipe.

CarpePM

Jan 31, 2013
Upstate New York
Well, MadVapes screwed up. The adapters they sent are sealed at one end (despite the picture on their site showing them as UNsealed). As soon as they advise me and follow through on what they plan to do to remedy the situation, hopefully I'll be posting pics of the pipe with a nice looking 2.5 or 3ml tank on it! I wouldn't hold my breath though. MV is slow as #@(% to get anything done.

Edible_Funk

Oct 12, 2012
Quincy IL
Whis is this thread so dead these days? I think this 601-C is a great first step in proliferating e-pipes that are affordable to a more entry-level audience. I'm totally buying one. Just can't justify the extra cost for a proper pipe mod with my budget, and I'm kind of keen on the idea of an automatic switch with a pipe. Manual just kills the aesthetic in my opinion, granted it's probably far more functional since auto switches are known to be touchy. Either way, I really like the looks of this pipe, but I'd hate to have to stock up with cartos just for one mod (I use rebuildables and the C attys for my E-Roll) so I was hoping that someone here had found the proper extensions to use ego threaded atty's, and have them sit as close to flush with the pipe as possible so I could use an ego-C since I'm already stocked on C attys. If anyone has had any luck with that, please let me know the proper length and where to get em. Thanks guys (and gals).

mclarkson

Jun 14, 2013
Kansas
Hi everybody. I'm new to vaping (been smoking a real pipe for years). I recently purchased a DSE601-C pipe.
fred.jpg

I have several problems with this pipe and am hoping for some suggestions, as I'd like to move over to vaping entirely but it's not working for me.

Filling the tank is a messy operation with cannot help but leave the section that plugs into the mouthpiece a little greasy. Consequently, the heavy pipe likes to pull out of the mouthpiece and fall on the ground when I least expect it. I did this to my first pipe within three days and it stopped working. I bought a second pipe but it does the same thing and I've had to bend things to repair the results. (It never seems to fall on carpet when I'm sitting, always on concrete when I'm standing.

There is no way to fill the tank more than about 1/3 full because of the way you have to refill the tank.

The draw is really hard and the amount of vapor is mediocre. It feels like smoking thru a clogged pipe that's barely lit. I try to blow thru every hole and wipe every surface, but the results are disappointing.

Any tips appreciated.

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
you are going through the same thing I did when I switched over. I smoked a pipe for 30 years before switching over.
My 601 C was not a carto-tank, just a carto though. it has a locking stem but is still too heavy to leave in the mouth.

looks like you got the newest version with the tank. this means that you probably have 510 threading, and can get an atomizer style tank to use with your device. that will help masses!!!
try using a Puritank
IKV DBOX Pyrex PuriTank BCG
you can put any 510 mouthpiece on it like these peterson ones
Universal Peterson Pipe Stems - Pipe Supplies- Batteries, Atties, Stems, Chargers, etc.
Less mess to fill and easier to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread