DSE-901 Revival Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

House Lover

Mar 31, 2012
USA
Haha. . . I posted this because I just picked one up about a month ago and while everybody seems to be rocking 510's and e-go's on here I just have to say, I absolutely love my 901. In the short time that I have been vaping I've noticed that vendors like to put their proprietary stamp on starter kits, give them fancy names, and try to market them as being something special or different. Perhaps I am a noob, but I wasn't born yesterday either. Seems to be classic American marketing techniques in order to sell a nearly identical product.

Frustrating, and highly annoying for a guy like me that wants the straight talk.

Probably the first bit of really valuable information I picked up in surfing for the right PV was the idea that a 901 is a 901, a 510 is a 510, and so on.

Anyhow, I did my research and went with the DSE 901 because of the pipe-tipped mouthpiece (which I absolutely love), the small size, great video reviews (you tube it up), and the *LACK* of any discernible slick branding.

I know its considered a somewhat relic piece, but I'm just happy to have mine and fortunately there are some great sites out there like e cigarettes usa (the best selection/service of vaping accessories I have found right there), as well as vapor kings, and house of vapor that still carry a full line of 901 stuff and don't bury it on their site like other vendors that have moved on to bigger and better things and branded products to make a buck.

Anyhow, I just thought that I would throw this out there for anyone that has wondered if the 901 is a worthy piece. All I can say is buy the PCC with your kit and love this little gem like I love mine.

Vape on! :2cool:

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I started vaping on a 901t back in February, and it was a good starter kit for me at the time. The PCCs available in that format are a great feature and the cigarette pack style is very nice for carrying. The only real issue I had with them was battery life, so I ended up moving to an eGo style and that's been working better for the way I vape, but I would still recommend the 901 format for anyone who was a light vaper.

House Lover

Mar 31, 2012
USA
I started vaping on a 901t back in February, and it was a good starter kit for me at the time. The PCCs available in that format are a great feature and the cigarette pack style is very nice for carrying. The only real issue I had with them was battery life, so I ended up moving to an eGo style and that's been working better for the way I vape, but I would still recommend the 901 format for anyone who was a light vaper.

I am a light vapor and love the piece. The plastic PCC's are not that durable but work great, I believe Vapor Kings has a metal charging case they made for the unit, I haven't tried it though.

As for flavors I have a strong mint from e-cigarettes-usa that is my favorite flavor right now, super pepperminty. Also loving the Mango from Backwoods Brew and House of Vapor's Black Tea.

901-monkey

May 9, 2012
England
Hey,
Im back using my 901, as my SD mk1 has given up the ghost. vaping gold&silver and euro blend, at the moment from cloud9vaping. Still cant get used to the short battery life of the 901 and the wicking problems they have from time to time.
Got it up and running though, and dripping instead of the cart..where can i get an empire mod from Vanjo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread