DSE801 Newbie questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadHabit

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Ego
I am still a new vaper. I just bought an 801 and compared it with my eGo and MEGA. In some ways I like the 801 better. The one I have has an automatic battery. Is this dangerous to drip with? I tried it and LOVED dripping with it. But I will hold off until I hear from others more experienced. If it is dangerous, can I get manual batteries for the 810?

I would like to explain why I like dripping with it and would like to hear your opinions as well. The atty is very large and long. So if you drip on the bridge and use the cart without the filling, the liquid is far enough away from your lips/mouth that you don't get any where it does not belong. With the eGo it seems to make its way into your mouth easier. I don't know, it just seems better for dripping.

It seems to put out a lot of vapor, perhaps more than the eGo. Tell me if I am wrong. The kind I have has a flat tip. At first I thought it was a little flimsy but in a way I kind of like the little bit of give when you bit down on it slightly. Kind of feels at home in my mouth.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
You can get manual batteries. :)

They are better for dripping because the atties have a hole in the bottom and you pretty much WILL eventually get juice dripping down through that hole.

With a manual batt. this doesn't really matter- a qick wipe and its clean.
With an auto battery it will probably be important eventually. The auto batteries have a hole in the top where the atty mounts; this is how they are trigged by airflow.
Sooner or later you will get juice in there and cause battery problems at the least.

That said- I have dripped when using auto batts, but I didn't use mine for all that long anyway.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
Well, I am not the best one to answer that question- after a week I knew the DSE801 wasn't enough for me and that I don't like the taste of burning carts; I bought a heavy duty PV.

As for the best way to use one- I tried various cart mods and never did get them to work to my satisfaction. I DID get the hang of doing a foam plugs though. It only takes a day or two to get the hang of how much juice to put in without overfilling, and if it is a bit light just drip a couple of drops on top.

I did get much better flavor from dripping but I vape so heavily I had to pretty much constantly drip juice...
But dripping is extremely popular and is the way I mostly used my 801 while waiting for my current PV.

Batteries- again, due to my heavy use I was getting about an hour from a fully charged battery on average. Sometimes a bit less, but with three batteries I rarely had to resort to my earliest pv.

I apologize for sounding a bit negative about the 801- I seem to be pretty hard on my pvs and I do actually think the 801s are pretty good.

Last edited:

BadHabit

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2010
Ego
Well, I loved the 801 when I first starting vaping with it. Now it tastes burnt and cleaning it did not help. I do not know where I went wrong. Perhaps the high voltage of the 801 battery is just too high. So, back to square one. I need something that produces enough vapor but will not fry the juice and give me reliability from day to day.

I tried a 901 and although there seems to be little chance of frying the juice, it does not give me the vapor I feel I need.

rogerdugans

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2010
A house in the US
I'm still figuring out how best to clean attys myself- some of the ones I have cleaned are fine, sometimes they taste funky. And I have cleaned them the same way.
But I think it likely that the problem lies there, at least for me.

On the voltage- I just checked a manual 801 batt and it has 3.5v. I usually vape at 6 volts, sometimes at 3.7. (Two different battery setups for my pv.) I don't think the voltage itself is the issue although it may be a contributing factor.
From what I have read if the atty is too dry when vaped it can leave a "burned" residue on an atty and screw up flavor, and this is what we are trying to clean off when we clean them. Higher voltages require a wetter atty so it may be related in that fashion.

I do use 901 attys - both regular and HV and they put out a lot of vapor at 3.7 volts (regular atty) in a GGTS with AVS.
I have never used a regular 901 ecig.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread