• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Du maurier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I'm really curious to try Vapables new "Canadian Menthol" flavour. Not heard anything about it and it shows as out of stock but I am very intrigued.

jumpingjupiter I think with a 20-30 day habit 30ml should last you about 15 - 20 days? It really depends but I usually vape about 2-3 ml a day and can get around two and a bit weeks out of 30ml.
I posted a recipe for "Canadian Menthol in the DIY forum, give it a whirl. It is a "menthol" recipe, not a candy recipe. I received today a bottle of juice that is pretty cool, with the exception of the spearmint that is added to it. A menthol smoker cannot be easily fooled. :D

Edit: You can use flue cure or virginia with excellent results as well.

LLOTEK

Feb 17, 2010
Montreal, Canada
ya, at first i was really hoping to find a good tobacco taste, to mimic as close as possible the whole act of smoking, but then realized, its actually better find another flavor..(im using 3 flavors a day now) so that you can start to break the addiction, then slowly drop the nicotine content, so once the addiction is broken, you are only trying to break the habit of using the e-cig.. seems to be working, still havnet smoked an analog in 2 weeks, which is a big plus, and am really enjoying the do more eh mixed with either the happy vaper forest berry or citrus flavors, the menthol isnt bad either

Has anyone tried "Flue cured"? I know I'm in the wrong thread, not having tried DuMaurier, flue cured is what resembles the most what a cigarette "used" to taste like.

The problem with trying to come up with a "tobacco" flavour, is that you were tasting burnt tobacco. Some even suggested to take ashes from an analog and use in their mix.

I can't smoke a specific "liquid" a all day. I carry 4-5 sticks at a time and vape what I wan't at that particular moment, of course each is mounted with a different flavoured cart and matching atty.

I have seen folks who have tried to make a tea concentrate out of analogs to vape. What are they trying to accomplish? 4000 + chemical tea, that's it. You are trying to vape what you are trying to escape.

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
Hi Guys,

I have three 30ml bottles of Do More Eh at 26mg from Vapables and, what can I say, not my thing. It IS good, but I think I'm more of a 'sweet vape' kinda gal sooooo..if anyone would be interested, I'd be more than willing to either sell for $20.00 obo, (I paid 30.00 each), or trade for anything V4L!

PM if interested!

Last edited:
I'm really curious to try Vapables new "Canadian Menthol" flavour. Not heard anything about it and it shows as out of stock but I am very intrigued.

jumpingjupiter I think with a 20-30 day habit 30ml should last you about 15 - 20 days? It really depends but I usually vape about 2-3 ml a day and can get around two and a bit weeks out of 30ml.

Yep, it's around 2 weeks+ of regular vaping. It really comes out to roughly the same cost as analogs in the end, from my experience.

M76

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Canada
I got my 30ml bottle of 24mg "Do More Eh" in the mail today. Great service from Vapables, I must say!

I can see why some people may not like this juice. The flavour is subtle but not necessarily weak. I have to say it's probably the closest thing to an analog I've found (I've tried about 6 different "tobacco" e-juices). I smoked DuMaurier lights for many years, although I always preferred american cigarettes.

This has now become my favorite juice, by a long shot. Not necessarily because I "love" the flavour, but moreso because it's the e-juice that reminds me of analogs the most. In fact a few minutes ago I tuned out (I was reading stuff online) and for a split second my brain actually thought I was smoking a cigarette. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I still do like my Virginia Blend but I will tell you I'll be ordering more of this stuff (along with other flavours from vapables).

My only comment, and this applies to all e-juices I've tried so far, is that I wish the taste was stronger. Not sure why they can't do that or why the other flavours have tasted so weak. I'd happily welcome suggestions on specific suppliers and juices that have a strong tobacco flavour. The strongest I've found so far were the pre-filled carts from madvapes.com (he threw in some as a freebie). VERY strong in taste, but unfortunately they taste itself was pretty aweful...

Oh well.

smokum

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario -CANADA-
You can try as I do with it.....

I will normally take 5 ml of it, add 2 ml of Loranns VG, and 2 drops (from the flavour bottle) of FlavorArt Virginia tobacco flavoring and 1 drop (from a small dropper) of Vodka. Shake it up well, let sit 24 hours, shake it up again and vape away. ** This will near half your nic level though unless your able to boost it up again with some high strength nic juice should you actually require it.

It tends to (for me) give it a thicker more flavorable and stronger vapor, and I use the Virginia flavour because it is more like the Canadian tobacco flavour than the others I've tried. Others may need an additional drop (or more) of the Virginia flavoring to suit your preference.

Perhaps if your preference is geared more towards the american tobacco flavours, you can try doing the same thing with one of the others available flavours out there (sorry I haven't experience with the other ones as I don't like American tobacco).

Also, I suggest with "any" juice that you shake it up before every use. Even though you may not see a visual separation going on, it does.

VapeOn,
Greg

Last edited:

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I got my 30ml bottle of 24mg "Do More Eh" in the mail today. Great service from Vapables, I must say!

I can see why some people may not like this juice. The flavour is subtle but not necessarily weak. I have to say it's probably the closest thing to an analog I've found (I've tried about 6 different "tobacco" e-juices). I smoked DuMaurier lights for many years, although I always preferred american cigarettes.

This has now become my favorite juice, by a long shot. Not necessarily because I "love" the flavour, but moreso because it's the e-juice that reminds me of analogs the most. In fact a few minutes ago I tuned out (I was reading stuff online) and for a split second my brain actually thought I was smoking a cigarette. Weird.

Don't get me wrong, I still do like my Virginia Blend but I will tell you I'll be ordering more of this stuff (along with other flavours from vapables).

My only comment, and this applies to all e-juices I've tried so far, is that I wish the taste was stronger. Not sure why they can't do that or why the other flavours have tasted so weak. I'd happily welcome suggestions on specific suppliers and juices that have a strong tobacco flavour. The strongest I've found so far were the pre-filled carts from madvapes.com (he threw in some as a freebie). VERY strong in taste, but unfortunately they taste itself was pretty aweful...

Oh well.
You might want to give DK TAB a whirl (Turkish American Blend) suppoesed to be quite flavourfull. I got som eone the way, it should be here Thur. I'll report back.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Greg is right about adding in the FA Virginia, it will boost the flavour of any of your current tobacco juices.

I find that the Camel 24 mg from Vapables mixes well with the FA tobacco flavourings.

Switched: Please post your remarks about the DK-Tab, have been thinking about trying it.
Will do buddy!

whozshort

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Got my 18mg Do More Eh and it is fantastic! Rob at Vapables had my package to me in 2 business days to the other side of the country - awesome CS and awesome product!

I smoked B&H Special Lights and this is the closest flavor I have found to that (though I haven't tried the B&H yet). And get this, despised Du Maurier smokes, but love this juice! Perfect for in the AM when you need it to taste like a smoke or even an all day vape.

Great stuff.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Greg is right about adding in the FA Virginia, it will boost the flavour of any of your current tobacco juices.

I find that the Camel 24 mg from Vapables mixes well with the FA tobacco flavourings.

Switched: Please post your remarks about the DK-Tab, have been thinking about trying it.
Well I got my DK-tab and have been vaping it for a couple of days. I flinty taste with cedar undertones. DK tab taste what tobacco smells like. I actually like it on my eGo and standard 510 batts. No so much on the OT or at 5V. A good vape at 3.7.

In my opinion, this is as close as it gets to what cigarettes tasted a looooooooooooooong time ago. Tomorrow I am going to try to 'wet" it with a drop or two of EM or marhsmallow because it is a little on the dry side for an all day vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread