Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
The filler will only appear wet if you fill the tank above the filler line. Gravitational Water Displacement theory would explain it. In non-jargon words - The liquid will be level both inside and outside of the carto. They will stay at roughly the same level.

These work great on carto's:
Acrylic Drip Tips and are just a tiny bit softer than the delrin ones.

Thanks Master, this is good info. I too would have expected the filler to look wet. And I'll second the recommendation on MV's new acrylic drip tips. In the past I'd mostly used the anodized. The acrylics feel better (softer) on the teeth, look nice with plenty of color options, and stay in the carto more securely.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Actually a syringe makes it quite easy if you need to drain the tank for an adjustment of some sort.

Yes a syringe would be an easy way to drain the tank if necessary. I figured you'd chime in with a good suggestion.

As for punching carto holes, lately a lot of posts are mentioning 1/4 inch saddle valves...

File:Saddle valve.jpg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Available at Lowes, Home Depot, and the usual hardware places for under $10.

Edit: Oops, didn't see the post above. I guess the new wave of tanks has made saddle valves a popular topic around here. :)

Last edited:

Pete A.

Oct 29, 2011
Las Vegas
My first experience with a tank. I really like it but I have already made a couple rookie mistakes. I enlarged the hole too much and flooded the carto. I probably didn't need to enlarge it at all (chain vaping was probably the real culprit) or I should have made a second tiny hole. I had only seen CE2(not a fan of CE2s) type tanks with huge holes or slices in the cartos and did not fully understand the difference. I also did not understand how important the filling procedure is. I accidentally popped the top cap off when I was trying to retract the carto. I thought no big deal I'll just fill it and then put the cap on. Ooops! Now I know that doing that pressurizes the tank and forces tons of juice through the hole and basically floods everything....

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
You can put the newer CE2's in a tank with holes in it, I dont like using the saddle valve but many do, I much prefer my punch method with my jig, no need for big holes in a carto and if you use a thick VG juice like I do 2 smaller holes work good. The whole thing is you only want to let enough liquid in your carto as it needs, using a tank works a bit differently, cartos last longer actually in a tank because the carto doesn't get as saturated and the filler doesn't collapse as quickly in the tank :) Tanks are the ticket, always have been, all as I want now is for Madvapes to come out with an Atty tank, an inexpensive one
( Can you here me Hoogie ) ;-) an inexpensive Atty tank, with a special connector to use a 510 Atty. I have a prototype and already using an I06 & 306 in a tank and a prototype for a 510 Atty tank that works but needs to be better, A MadVapes 510 Atty Tank, Please !!!

Janet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2008
Akron OH USA
I don't understand how the filler around the top coil can stay wet when the liquid gets below it. I had good results with this tank for a couple days. Now the flavor is quite muted and it seems like I need to replace the carto already. I want another fresh carto sooner than I was expecting, but there are none for this Tank Cartomizer on the site yet.

It seems like a bottom horizontal coil carto might work better with this set-up. Any chance of MadVapes getting something like this that would work with the Tank Cartomizer?

The dual coil cartos had been working very well for months on my eGo or Riva. I'd use one for 2 to 3 days with lots of topping off, until I noticed a drop in flavor. I am quite satisfied with a low resistance carto with the type of device I use, especially the dual coils. Since the dual coil cartos produce the best flavor and feel for me, I am hesitant to place another order just to try a single-coil 1.7 ohm carto.

I wish I had the time and energy to experiment making holes or cutting slots. If I did, I'd like to try on a 1.7 ohm carto (the ones that are the same size as a regular dual-coil), to see how that would work with MadVapes' Tank Cartomizer. Anyone here know if this has been done and where I can learn about it?

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Before you suck, you push a button. Thats when it will burn??? Has anyone cut a DC apart? I would like to see what they look like inside.
Well remember you're applying negative pressure through the carto when you suck so it should mean that the "wet" level is above what the outside liquid level is.

miller552

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2011
Texas
thegeneralagent.com
Got 2, love love love them, flange carto is probably a must, keeps tank in place, stops the tank where it should seat just below the hole...no negative issues at all, been using it for 4 days now...so far has been dropped about 4-5 times...ooops...no problem...seems to be very durable...no flooding...no dry vapes...followed the fill and soak instructions and works absolutely perfect...it does roll quite easily, thus the dropping issue...have to prop it between my remote controls on side table so it doesn't hit the floor again...vape on people, you can't go wrong with this low cost tank!

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
Before you suck, you push a button. Thats when it will burn??? Has anyone cut a DC apart? I would like to see what they look like inside.

The burning is completely independent of the sucking. You're certainly pulling some juice "up" through the filler when you suck.

I have taken one of these apart. The upper coil sits a little less then a half inch from the top of the filler (which you can easily see when you look down the cart). So for reference the upper coil is approx half way up the tank when it's sitting in there.
The coils are themselves wrapped tightly with separate wicking material which sits inside the visible filter. So it's really just a normal DC coil with a flange and a pre-punched hole (that IMO is still too small).

9CLINE

Sep 22, 2011
Kernersville,NC
Works great so far Easy to use and everything was just as it showed on the site.Followed the instruction from the site and started to vape using a 100mAH eGo. I am newer to this so maybe this is normal but I am getting a lot of popping and crackling from the cart. I don't know how to punch carts and would hate to burn it out b4 the replacements arrive, so guess I'll wait until they get them in to use again. Dang that was like vaping heaven though. If I call them do they give you advice over the phone or email? Looked on site didn't see anywhere to ask questions. I do know that this is the most experienced and best place to get answers to any problems one could have...I tried adding liquid to top to make sure it's wet then blow excess out the end before using.What am I doing wrong if anything? Should it be popping when I take a draw off it? . Maybe I am being too jumpy it's just so damn good I don't want to mess it up....:?::vapor:Thanks for your time!!!
Nina

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
I don't understand how the filler around the top coil can stay wet when the liquid gets below it. I had good results with this tank for a couple days. Now the flavor is quite muted and it seems like I need to replace the carto already. I want another fresh carto sooner than I was expecting, but there are none for this Tank Cartomizer on the site yet.

It seems like a bottom horizontal coil carto might work better with this set-up. Any chance of MadVapes getting something like this that would work with the Tank Cartomizer?

The dual coil cartos had been working very well for months on my eGo or Riva. I'd use one for 2 to 3 days with lots of topping off, until I noticed a drop in flavor. I am quite satisfied with a low resistance carto with the type of device I use, especially the dual coils. Since the dual coil cartos produce the best flavor and feel for me, I am hesitant to place another order just to try a single-coil 1.7 ohm carto.

I wish I had the time and energy to experiment making holes or cutting slots. If I did, I'd like to try on a 1.7 ohm carto (the ones that are the same size as a regular dual-coil), to see how that would work with MadVapes' Tank Cartomizer. Anyone here know if this has been done and where I can learn about it?

What I have found over the last year or more is = The way juice pulls into a tank it wets the carto just enough and the carto doesn't have to be sopping wet to work, it also depends on the viscosity of your own personal juice as to what holes work better or worst, you have to experiment a little bit with bigger, smaller, one hole, two holes in your carto's when using in a tank, all depending on the thickness/viscosity of your juices as well as what type of carto and whether LR,DC, tall, short carto's. Once you find what works best for your carto's it will perform very well and a carto will end up lasting pretty long in a tank. I've found for me a smaller hole works better with PG type juices, then with Higher VG juices a bigger hole, with all VG and a really thick juice 2holes, just my own personal findings.

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
The popping is just the liquid getting heated. I use Boge 3ohm carts and they pop all the time with my liquids. It tells me that everything is working great. I would not worry about anything as long as the taste is good.
Works great so far Easy to use and everything was just as it showed on the site.Followed the instruction from the site and started to vape using a 100mAH eGo. I am newer to this so maybe this is normal but I am getting a lot of popping and crackling from the cart. I don't know how to punch carts and would hate to burn it out b4 the replacements arrive, so guess I'll wait until they get them in to use again. Dang that was like vaping heaven though. If I call them do they give you advice over the phone or email? Looked on site didn't see anywhere to ask questions. I do know that this is the most experienced and best place to get answers to any problems one could have...I tried adding liquid to top to make sure it's wet then blow excess out the end before using.What am I doing wrong if anything? Should it be popping when I take a draw off it? . Maybe I am being too jumpy it's just so damn good I don't want to mess it up....:?::vapor:Thanks for your time!!!
Nina

9CLINE

Sep 22, 2011
Kernersville,NC
Thanks "ricks and teej9lfc " you guys made my day....... well I guess I'm back to puffing away on this baby... Still wanna see what kind of replacement choices we will have.... also noticed that "mwa102464" talked about the filling not having to be sopping wet with tanks. I wrongly thought it was gonna be just like using the carts regularly,but hey this is my first Tank experience so I learned something new :laugh:.....You guys are the best.....Can't wait to hear what everyone else thinks as more and more people get theirs and try them...:vapor:

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
These things are really really nice. And they work perfectly with a resurrector. No flange needed. I'm at about five hours of vaping it without any leaks.

Thanks TJ, that is good to know. Resurrectors are great cartos. Hoog said he was going to order some. The "other" name is Smok Tech 1.7 ohm 48mm 510 carto. These cartos have a big following and definitely have the length needed for the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread