Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
LOL I read that just after pulling the trigger ...now I will have to go back and order some later....:facepalm:

out of curiosity what are the end caps made of?

Same here, :( ordered 6 510 SS and next morning found out they got the new once in, oh well, guess some more cartos would not hurt, :D

AtomNeely

ECF Veteran
Jun 14, 2011
Alpharetta, GA
I just ordered 10 new pre-drilled cartos for the tank and another tank for my fiance to use. We are big fan's of them. Also got some of the Very Berry Tobacco, since I'm a huge fan of the Cherry Tobacco. Can't wait to slap a new carto and some of the new juice in my tank!

Also, I got about 20 mils through my first carto in the tank, not bad If I say so myself. Lasted me a full week, which is better than any other carto has lasted me before.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I have a 21 gauge needle for that, been 2 that I can't get it through at all and a third I ended up poking a hole in it and through the batting which made it leak.
Don't know but maybe a paper clip is smaller and has a blunt end on it. You might try it, you have nothing to loose because the cartos not working anyway. Just a note: I like the single coil cartos better than the DC, they just seem to last a little longer.

Shadoweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Don't know but maybe a paper clip is smaller and has a blunt end on it. You might try it, you have nothing to loose because the cartos not working anyway. Just a note: I like the single coil cartos better than the DC, they just seem to last a little longer.

They are pretty much the same size. This time I've been cleaning it out every few hours rather than waiting until I have to pull hard on it, will see how well that goes.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Switched mine up to run the Boge 2ohm Cartos now and there just much better, for some reason or other the stock carto's where not tasting to good at all, simply punch a hole in a Boge 2ohm. You can take a pipe cutter and cut your tank down just a little bit or you can cut a small piece of carto tube and put it in the top cap to hold your drip tip ;-)

Last edited:

Shadoweb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2010
Charlotte, NC
They are pretty much the same size. This time I've been cleaning it out every few hours rather than waiting until I have to pull hard on it, will see how well that goes.

By the way, it died a couple hours later, I cut it open with my tubing cutter and the bottom coil had burned through the wicking material. As much as I like the Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola I've switched over to Top Vapor vanilla to see if the juice is what is killing them so quickly.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
By the way, it died a couple hours later, I cut it open with my tubing cutter and the bottom coil had burned through the wicking material. As much as I like the Tasty Vapor Cherry Cola I've switched over to Top Vapor vanilla to see if the juice is what is killing them so quickly.
Some juices wick a little better than other depending on the PG/VG ratio, but all cartomizers will burn the wicking material eventually and keeping the carto moist is the only thing that will make them last longer. So now you see even when people clean their carto's if the Diaper that wraps around the coil is burned it will not work like it should again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread