The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dual coil lung hitters - if you had to choose just one?

Discussion in 'Reos Mods' started by spiritv, Mar 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. spiritv

spiritv Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    IA
    For those of you who run dual coils and direct lung hit (bonus points if you have a penchant for warm vapes). If you had to only choose one atomizer, what would it be? I know, it's a tough question. There have been many threads here over the years of the 'next best thing' and I'm curious what you would settle on (if you had to).

2. dbrandt01

dbrandt01 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 6, 2014
    Alabama
    I run dual coils at 0.3 ohms for my Reo. It's my go to build. I've only used 2 bottomfed RDAs, so my opinion might be different than a lot of peoples. I've used a Nuppin' V1 and the Odin V1. I keep going back to the Odin. Easy to build on, airflow is great and I can close it down to make it a warmer vape.

I'll be curious though to see other replies in this thread to people who have used a lot more RDAs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. supertrunker

supertrunker Living sarcasm Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Texas
    Dark Horse and more recently a Velocity. I never tried an Odin.

HRH has Nuppins and my old Atomics, but she's a mtl tootle puffer.

T

• Like Like x 1
  4. coaldriller

coaldriller Bottom Feeder! Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 28, 2014
    West Virginia
    Kinda leaning on the Nipple.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1457191384.506686.jpg

Sent from the land of squonking

• Like Like x 3
  5. Debadoo

Debadoo ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    I haven't used the ones that super T has, but I have used the odin and the nuppin. The odin really reduces flavor. It's not a flavor atty. I loved the nuppin for flavor, but it is a bit of a tighter draw. You can still lung hit, but it's a bit tight. My fav hands down......Rm8 derringer!! Great flavor, easy to get, easy to build and wick, great for lung hitting. Need a couple more of these!

• Like Like x 2
  6. Train2

Train2 ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    Haven't thrown effort and money at getting my hands on the "latest" hot atties - so I can't compare with things like a NarDa, M-Atty, or even Pancake, etc...

All day every day, I rotate through these: Nuppins, Rogues and a Manta.

No leaks, great flavor, simple builds work well.
    I'm usually at 0.4-0.55, and lately keep returning to a simple 27 gauge, 2.5mm coils, about 5 wraps.
    That's for a slightly restricted lung hit (wide-open Nuppin for example), and I find it warm, with a quick heat-up (i hate to wait, lol).

• Like Like x 2
  7. J_B_86

J_B_86 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 4, 2013
    QLD, Australia
    Origen Little for me, doesn't have a huge amount of airflow but enough to lung hit it. I find it great at around 0.5ohm, it can easily be used as a tootle puffer though too.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Papa_Lazarou

Papa_Lazarou MKUltra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    For bang for buck, I'd recommend the RM9/Velocity available on Rob's site.

If price is not a deterrent, the Stumpy checks all your boxes with vigour (Catfish has a shipment incoming) and, IMHO, delivers better flavour.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    For more air Stumpy and Thump are good, just gotta watch the Thump for spit back. I've been using Odin v1's for a year now and they never let me down, but not as much air. I really want a v2 but have to many other irons in the fire right now, plus I have six v1's. I should probably thin that herd out.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Fishcakes

Fishcakes Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 5, 2013
    nj
    I really love the rogue(rm7). builds like an odin, decent amount of air, and top air so its damn near leak proof. Ive got 3.

• Like Like x 3
  11. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    Haze Mini all day, reduced chamber and split airflow make it a champion among RDAs

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Spylandia
    As a DLH flavor chaser the smaller chamber atty's always will be my favorites. IOW I still haven't tried a bf 22mm atty that I can't live without. The availability of plenty of air intake is a huge factor as I vape to fill my lungs completely just like I did all the years I smoked cigs/pipes. Some atty's that didn't have enough air and were practical to increase it in made some tootle puffer atty's doable. Learning to take slow, very long lung draws made others usable.

That said the most used are Nuppin's and O-16's... or O-16's and Nuppin's.

I commented on them on your other thread... Nuppin'

• Like Like x 1
  13. spiritv

Apr 7, 2010
    IA
    Thank you all for your input!

14. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    lol all of us had different opinions, but hope some of the why's helped you a lil bit

• Like Like x 1
  15. spiritv

Apr 7, 2010
    IA
    Yes they definitely did. :)

• Like Like x 1
  16. K31Scout

K31Scout Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 6, 2014
    Northern MI USA
    Another vote for the RM8 Derringer. The RM9 Vector is ok but flavor suffers. RM4 Atomic is great in flavor but is a leaky bugger and not as much air as the others..

• Like Like x 2
  17. spiritv

Apr 7, 2010
    IA
    So my own opinion, based on what I've used (RM2, Derringer, O-16, Rogue, Hobo V3 clone). O-16 definitely comes out on top and I'd be happy using it for the long haul. It has a great balance of flavor and vapor with the second to largest air holes for me. Derringer is a close second, but I find I don't get the same flavor due to slightly more air flow. I have a Nuppin V2 on the way that I'm looking forward to trying out. I do appreciate all of the threads here over the years which have discussed atties in detail, because I've been able to avoid those that wouldn't stick around. :)

• Like Like x 2
  18. Debadoo

May 18, 2012
    Texas, near Fort Hood
    kewl I've seen folks mention the O 16 but have never tried it. I need to look it up if it beats the derringer. Lots of folks seem to like em.

• Like Like x 1
  19. TraceyS

TraceyS Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Blacksburg, Virginia
    I've not used any of the newer things out there but am stuck on, for over a year, the RM3. I love it, love it, love it. I like the warmer vape and build my RM3 to .50. It's my go to setup I guess. :) I would like to try others but do not like airy vapes and two I tried (RM4 and RM8) were not for me.

Tracey

• Like Like x 1
  20. JC Okie

JC Okie REOnaut Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jul 2, 2010
    Tulsa, OK
    @TraceyS, have you used the RM2? It is very similar to the RM3, but I like it better because I like for the cap to screw on (instead of o-rings.) It's a thought. And since you're maybe having some leaking from the RM3 (other thread) I thought I'd mention the RM2. It's one of the favorite small flavor attys for a reason. It's good.
    Jan

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.