Dual coiled my Kraken today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
I'd been resisting this for a while, because the last time I did dual coils on a genny it was a hassle that proved not worth the effort, but today I was bored, and having nothing better to do I decided to give it a shot.

So I got out a couple of mesh wicks, fitted them to the Kraken's wick holes, and set about winding coils. I knew I'd have to wind a lot of loops using 26 kanthal, so I opted for 28, with a 9/8 wrap on each side and went at it. Again, it was a hassle. Getting the positive leads together on the center post was the most fussy part of it, and then getting the coils worked out so they glowed evenly on each side took a while. The build came out to .67 ohm. Once this was done I put the top cap on the Kraken, adjusted the airflow holes on each side and took a hit. I little hot for me, but it does produce a goodly amount of vapor.

I'll wind coils with an extra loop next time, but it was a hassle this time, and I'm still not sure it was worth it. I'll let the Kraken cool off for now, and go back to that fabulous Origin Genesis V2 on my Poldiac, which is by far the best vape I've yet had. Even single coiled the Origenny far outshines the dual coiled Kraken.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Have you considered a squonker?
Just cuz your interests in new builds and another post I saw about trying a new mech (roller, I think)...well, that's often what leads to squonking!

The Reo is a bullet-proof, simple, and effective mechanical with an onboard juice bottle...
The build is, of course, up to you - you can use any of a whole collection of available bottom feed atomizers - usually, these are converted by someone (Catfish Atty Mods, here on ECF, or the clones sold right on the Reo website).

Not cheap - $130 and up for the mod, and probably $45 and up for the atty.
But a LOT of folks try it and never go back to tubes 'n tanks.

Just a thought!!

rogue1.JPG

Vaslovik

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Jul 5, 2013
Have you considered a squonker?
Just cuz your interests in new builds and another post I saw about trying a new mech (roller, I think)...well, that's often what leads to squonking!

Just a thought!!

No thank you, that doesn't interest me in the least. I love my tube mechs, especially my Poldiacs, and single coiled my gennies work just fine. I'll stick with them. I have no use for boxes or drippers, thankyouverymuch.

BTW, it's really rather poor form to come to a genesis forum to push drippers. There are other forums for that, but then you dripper people don't seem to care, and come here pushing drippers all the time. Perhaps you could read up on netiquette. I can think of a better place for you to push your dripper and box, but decorum prohibits my mentioning it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread