Dual MOSFET Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_20150407_135559160.jpg

Hello ECF, This is going to be my second box mod im trying to build. I just have a problem i think you guys could help me with...

Im going to be doing a dual mosfet setup powered by either dual or triple 26650 (in parallel). The mosfet's are going to be hooked up into the "system" by using pcb screw terminal blocks. Each leg of the mosfet will be built up with solder to make them thicker and screwed into the terminal block. So since i will be doing 2 mosfets i will need 6 connections... as seen in the picture. The terminal block pins stick out from the bottom of the board so i will be able to attach wire to them. The question im after is i will need to solder a resistor to the gate and source legs of both mosfets and that will be a little hard using the stardard single 1/4watt 15Kohms resistor. So is there a way i could use two resistors to make things easier on me ( possibly 1/8 watt 7.5Kohm resistor???). Oh, you may ask why not just use one terminal block... well each block is rated at 16amps. That is far below a comfortable safety range for me. I will be doing round 0.15 ohm builds and up so i will need the 32 amp rating of using two terminal blocks. Also... why am i using this system instead of direct soldering into system? Well, i want my box to last me a while, if the mosfets in the standard direct soldering way were to burn out i'd be a pain in the ... to replace them. This way would be way easier, just unscrew the old ones out, and in with the new.

Sorry if i confused you, kinda hard to explain.

here is the link to the pcb terminal blocks (the exact one i used)

http://www.amazon.com/Poles-Screw-T...d=1424785943&sr=8-15&keywords=3+pin+connector

DaveSignal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2014
Maryland
why does the resistor need to be at the gate and source pins? Its there to protect the switch, right? So you should be able to put it at any point in the same circuit and the resistor will still do the same thing... and the switch is protected. So you could wire it to a different place in the wire going to the mosfet gate, wire it directly to the switch contacts, or even wire it somewhere in the wire going to the mosfet source. I think most modders just use the gate and source pins because it is convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread