Dual Parallel Box Mod Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acindivo

May 7, 2017
TL;DR Friend put battery in tuglyfe box mod in series when both are supposed to go positive side up. Now only the battery that sits in the slot that my friend didn't .... up in works.

My buddy and I were chilling and he had the idea to use me my tuglyfe box mod w velocity v2 rda and I was all for it. Thinking he'd already know how to put the batteries in, I allowed him to insert the batteries. He put one battery in the correct way, positive side up (this is the battery on the right side). He then began putting the other battery in, however positive side down. This is a big no-no. The point at which the positive side of the battery touches the negative side of the box created a red hot flame for an instant before he pulled it out and threw it on a rock outside. (I recycled this battery) A day later, I put some samsung 25Rs into it to make sure all was good. It seemed fine but I realized the battery life was nothing like it used to be. I put the batteries on the multimeter after I vaped on it for a bit and the battery on the left that my friend ....ed up was fully charged while the battery on the right was completely depleted. The negative connector (the one that had the incident) in the box is rough and blueish (I can add pictures if needed). Not sure what to do with this. I've never seen it happen before and need some guidance. All help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread