Dual user seeking support to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
I made it through the night without smoking! Sometimes I get up in the middle of the night and need a cigarette, but last night I just went outside and vaped for a while. Im always coughing in the morning, and today too, but
now I think I need a cup of coffee with some coffee vape, which is one of my favourite daily vapes.

Stols001 what you say about new coils makes sense. thanks!

I have some new juices that I might try today. Pink Lemonade by Element and a strawberry juice, they both smell good, so I guess I was lucky. In the past I almost quit vaping because I had bought some juice that was just awful , tasted like harsh chemicals, I dont know what was in them but I threw them away. They were inexpensive, so my suspicion is that they were deluded with something not meant to be vaped.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Considering i've seen some extremely strange flavors i wouldn't doubt there's something like oatmeal in existence :p but yeah i tried Coffee flavor too and really didn't like it (it felt.....too artificial ?) my vape shop has a fruity pepple flavor guess i might taste it see how i like it. (not a fan of blueberry at all tbh,more of a fruit kind of guy don't really like sugary flavors which yes is ironic since i vape 12 monkeys atm lol)

This coffee flavour is very nice and authentic
Kaffe e-juice (Sundbygaard)

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Thanks for that response! I think the shortness of breath is mostly when I have smoked 30 cigarettes in one day. I have a suspicion that it's the other chemicals that are in cigarettes that make me keep coming back to them. That and it has become a long lasting habit for me to smoke (11 years). So the ritual of taking a break from whatever Im doing and go outside to smoke is deeply seeded in me. Maybe I should go outside when I vape, to imitate the ritual.
I am motivated yes, but something in me finds it difficult. Ill let you all know if I succeed and get one of those fancy signatures here where it says I have quit for x number of days. That's kind of my dream scenario.
A lot of times when I knew I was going to try quitting I would unconsciously smoke more than usual. Any chance you were doing this?

I decided to flip it and MAKE vaping work for me, no matter what,
That's the point of motivation I had to get to. I was going to make this work no matter what. I spent a lot in the beginning trying different things, but I purposely spent my smoking budget doing so. I told myself I wasn't going to buy cigarettes any more and that was that.

quitting can be something exciting now, something better than smoking".
It's worlds better than smoking, in my opinion. The thought of holding a cigarette and lighting that stinky thing up just makes me sick. I truly hated them, even as a smoker, and felt I had no control. It got so bad that I would hold my smokes on the end of a long bobby pin so they left less smell on my fingers. Smoking was a burden and vaping is a pleasure. So many flavors and combinations, sleek and smooth devices that feel good in the hand.

The day he finally quit is the day he threw the tobacco out.
I finished my last pack, 'cause I can't waste anything, and told myself vaping was it and I wasn't going to pay another dollar for a pack of cigarettes again. I did spent it all on a bunch of vaping stuff instead.

Here's my dilemma. My wife is having a harder time with this, so we keep cigs around.

If I can get her dialed in on flavor and nic strength it would solve the problem. Flavor and nic strength, and the right device is key.
Same dilemma. My husband is respectful though and doesn't smoke around me or the kids. I didn't ask him not to, he chooses not to because he knows I find it distasteful.

hey, I wonder if there's an oatmeal flavor?)
Of course there is!

Unrelated question, that I might as well put in this thread.
Is it possible to over-prime your coil heads? And if so what happens if you do?
I prime my coils a lot and the first few toots taste a bit like burnt cotton. I thought I was doing it right,
starting with low wattages and then slowly moving up.
Sometimes coils need a breaking in period where they aren't working optimally yet. Breaking in is usually tolerable, a dry hit is not. If you don't like the break in period on that coil you could try different coil types, wicking types or tanks.

The answer to what those are for you, can only be found within yourself. What other people (such as myself and others) can do is to outline their various motivating factors and you see which ones resonate most with you.
We can only say what worked for us, and you can see there's a whole lot of different reasons that have worked for people.

The remedy for this is to blow-- without firing, and fairly hard-- a few times INTO your drip tip, and you will likely see a few drops of juice come out of your airholes, but it will clear away the gurgling and spitback issues, etc.
Wrap a tissue or paper towel loosely around your airflow while you do this to catch the flying juice.

I didn't throw any cigs away, just decided not to buy another pack.
That's what I did too.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
Yes, Rainsong, I also smoke more because of the plan to quit. I think what I need is being
stubborn, and choose to not smoke. I must agree with you vaping is so much more enjoyable.
I have vaped a LOT this morning. Got 4 devices around me just to make sure I have enough.
They are 2 melo 3's and 2 melo 300's (yeah I really like eleaf products).

6 hours left until I have been smoke-free for 24 hours. I do have a pack of smokes that is unopened,
and it doesnt really tempt me as long as I vape every few moments and go outside to do my "ritual".

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Yes, Rainsong, I also smoke more because of the plan to quit. I think what I need is being
stubborn, and choose to not smoke. I must agree with you vaping is so much more enjoyable.
I have vaped a LOT this morning. Got 4 devices around me just to make sure I have enough.
They are 2 melo 3's and 2 melo 300's (yeah I really like eleaf products).

6 hours left until I have been smoke-free for 24 hours. I do have a pack of smokes that is unopened,
and it doesnt really tempt me as long as I vape every few moments and go outside to do my "ritual".
Best wishes as you face the coming hours. Once you've let your body detox from combustible tobacco you should start to feel better. When I started vaping I had 3 or 4 devices within reach at all times. It got easier as I dialed in flavors and devices I liked better. I've been at it a year now, just today I left the house for about an hour of errands. As I was leaving I realized I had forgotten my device and my usual purse backup was also on the counter after some maintenance. I was able to just keep going and didn't feel the need to turn around. In the beginning I couldn't have done that and smoker me definitely would have turned around or stopped to buy another pack.

tgs3

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
I have been dual using for about six weeks now. I have reduced the number of cigs I smoke a day by 60%. What I have learned from the people here is to be happy about every cig I don't smoke. Previously, I smoked 25/30 a day. Now I am stuck at 9/10. In the last 30 days I have smoked about 300 cigs. Prior to vaping, it would have been 750. So, that's 450 cigs I didn't smoke. I work really hard to feel good about that.

I have had terrible luck with devices. I am not going to be able to cut down further until I sort that out. Go easy on yourself. Quitting, for many of us, is damn hard.

NoobJens007

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2016
Denmark
www.jkh-art.dk
I have been dual using for about six weeks now. I have reduced the number of cigs I smoke a day by 60%. What I have learned from the people here is to be happy about every cig I don't smoke. Previously, I smoked 25/30 a day. Now I am stuck at 9/10. In the last 30 days I have smoked about 300 cigs. Prior to vaping, it would have been 750. So, that's 450 cigs I didn't smoke. I work really hard to feel good about that.

I have had terrible luck with devices. I am not going to be able to cut down further until I sort that out. Go easy on yourself. Quitting, for many of us, is damn hard.
Best of luck to you man!

I have passed the 24 hour mark for not smoking, and have created a banner to celebrate :)

I made some DIY liquid today

This aroma Tarte au Citron - Chefs Flavours Ltd mixed with a little flavourart lemon siciliy to add extra lemon flavour.

Very good, 70/30 vgpg juice

Also starting to get a little headache, guess it is my body detoxing

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Congrats on your first 24 hours, the very first one! Headache can be part of detox, but it can also be a sx of nicotine overload, so try not to chainvape, or if chainvaping is helping, maybe lower the nic a bit, and stay hydrated, it will really help you through the worst of detox.

YAYAYYY 24 hours! :)

Anna

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
You are doing so well Noob hang in there. I first few days are the worst and once you get past that it starts getting easier. If you can go for a bit longer, if you do light up, it won't taste very good. Your gonna taste things you never did before while smoking. One thing i did when i first started vaping for the first two weeks was i had a cigalike on the side. I could hold it between my fingers like i did a cig and it had a positive psychological effect, something about it helped get me through. I would literally trick my mind into believing i was holding a cig as i blew out smoke. Something about holding it between my fingers oppose to holding a mod, which i had, but a cigalike was a filler in between. You can do this!! keep replaying that chest xray video you provided everytime you get a strong urge. recovery is a process mentally and emotionally take it one step..one day at a time and pat yourself on the back for every cig you would have normally smoked but didn't..wow what progress you are making!!!

DeAnna2112

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 21, 2015
Indiana
and know you are going to feel some discomfort with your throat and your lungs, it's more then likely not vaping. It's your lungs healing because you don't have numbing agents built up in your system. You will heal with time, but don't think it's vaping that is causing it. Yes, you may need to lower your nic, or lower pg, but more then likely your just feeling for the first time. It will pass and it will get better once the irritants, cigs, are no longer there. Hang in there kiddo we are all here if you needs us for a boost. Great forum with very compassionate members...we have been there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread