dual vs single coil cartomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

saki2mi

Verified Member
Sep 11, 2012
CA, USA
hi! i'm new to e-cig, but i did get a provari with big daddy tank and it's been amazing. i haven't smoked for three weeks (although i cheated a couple of times when i was out with friends) and i hardly miss it.

anyway, what's the difference between dual and single coil cartos? i know dual has two coils and single has one. but how about taste and vapor production? and what's the best carto manufacturer? i have got a several boge xl cartos but they are running out and i want to see if i can get other ones. thanks!

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
taste is about the same, as far as vapor, you get about the same, maybe a little bit more...i personally prefer the single coil variety...as for "best" manufacture, that is a very subjective answer, i can tell you my preferred cartomizers are the ikenvape.com 801 fusions, and that i firmly believe they are the best cartomizers on the planet right now, and that the ikenvape 510s have performed better than any other 510s i've tried...but the results vary from person to person....however, i will recommend you at least run over there and try some of their cartos, as they are simply amazing...and i've never gotten a DOA carto from ikenvape yet.

elmattias

Resident Miyagi
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
N'awlinz
A lot of people look at the dual coil carto tanks and think they need to use dual coils because of the name, but single coils work just fine.

that depends....they have to be the XL type with the longer barrel to fit a DCT, personally if i'm going to vape a dual coil though, those MEGA duals are the best, and eliminate the need for a tank.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I've been wanting to try the Ikenvape Platinum cartos for some time, but everytime I think to check the website for some, they are out-of-stock.

I've been using these Smoktek single coil tank replacements in my cartomizer tanks. Single Coil XL Tank Cartomizer for the SmokTank XL
They are the 45mm XL length, same as the dual coil variety. I switched over a couple of months ago from the dual coil variety, and much prefer them. Same vapor production and flavor, improved battery life, and no more occassional burnt flavor that I experienced with the dual coils.

I use 2.0 ohm standard resistance on the 3.7v Silver Bullet and BB. 3.0 ohm for the variable voltage Provari. I order quantities of both one and two lazer-drilled holes. Regular 50/50 pg/vg juices get one hole cartos, anything with greater than 60% vg gets the two hole cartos.

TheVap3Junkie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2012
Bunker Hill, WV
I find the flavor to be a lot different in duals vs singles. I am not a fan of dual coils at all but its just my preference. Boge were and still kinda are the most reliable. First couple carto orders I had when I started I tried a lot of brands until I stuck with boges. With Smoktechs and Bauways I always had some that were DOA and no it wasnt my post that needed to be pulled! I was a newb but I was a well researched newb. I barely use cartos anymore though, rebuilding vivi novas is just easier and cheaper for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread