Duals and triples are grose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Thanks wyojoe, thought I was going crazy........ By the way the reason I take them apart to clean is when the vapor decreases and by taking off the filling and diapers I can dry burn the coils and they work much better for a few days.
Yes I have done that also and it does work until the diaper burns again. In my opinion the only way the diaper would not burn is if you took a 1 second puff and waited for a minute and took another 1 second puff to let the coil cool off. But if you really like to vape like me, then you want good vaper and often. I would quit using them, if I had to take a few little wimpy puffs and let it set for awhile. LOL So for me, I am still on the quest for a better carto like every one else.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
???? SmokTech is the only company that I know of besides Ikenvape.

Ikenvape makes them but I believe by their design. Isaac doesn't actually assemble them but he has a company do it for him with his supplies that he orders. At least that's the word on his.

Sounds like you got a bad batch that wasn't put together properly and causing them to overheat. You just gotta love China's QC.
They all over heat, thats what the coil is suppose to do, if it doesn't you won't get good vaper.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I use dual coils all the time, I find some of them last me for as long as 14 to 18 days, before they burn...some burn in the first couple days..strange...I burn RY4 mostly some Gorilla Juice
I think 7 days is a record for me. And that is rotating 3 at a time and keeping them moist. I use about 4 to 5ml's of E-juice a day, but some of that is wasted trying to get a bad carto to keep working.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Wouldn't the S.S. effect the coil or take heat away from the coil? Could it short out the coil, it is metal. I hope ( bmwjen ) replies.

By heating the ssmesh and cooling it by dipping in water you oxidize the mesh and it doesn't conduct electricity and won't short the coil. You have to do the heating and cooling several times.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
By heating the ssmesh and cooling it by dipping in water you oxidize the mesh and it doesn't conduct electricity and won't short the coil. You have to do the heating and cooling several times.
Sounds like alot of messing around, heating and cooling. You would need a torch to do that right?? And where would you get the mesh to start with?

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Sounds like alot of messing around, heating and cooling. You would need a torch to do that right?? And where would you get the mesh to start with?

There are several threads on how to use ssmesh as wicks, it is available in 12"by12" sheets #400 and in 1/2 and 3/4"circle pipe filters at smoke shops, also many coffee makers use a filter made of ss that can be bought and cut. I just tried some on a triple with a piece of silica sheath between the coil and the ss. It is producing vapor will post the results after a few days. The heating can be done with a bic lighter.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
There are several threads on how to use ssmesh as wicks, it is available in 12"by12" sheets #400 and in 1/2 and 3/4"circle pipe filters at smoke shops, also many coffee makers use a filter made of ss that can be bought and cut. I just tried some on a triple with a piece of silica sheath between the coil and the ss. It is producing vapor will post the results after a few days. The heating can be done with a bic lighter.
Thanks for the additional information. I will look for the round ones at a smoke shop. Let us know how things are working.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
You two are a rarity in my humble opinion. I have NEVER seen a carto with a diaper and wicking material that did not burn the diaper. I don't care if its a single coil or 3 coils. They ALL burn, some take longer to burn than others, but they all burn eventually, and anyone that says they don't have a burning problem, has not taken one completely apart, when they quit working right. Some juices will burn quicker than others, but e-juice is not the real problem, it is the diaper material. I agree with ( BJ43 ) completely, with the clear ones you see it sooner because you can see it, the metal ones does the same things, you just can't see it unless you tear it down and look. Cleaning these carto's will not help the burning it just cleans out the old yucky juice and cleans the coils a very little, but not like a new one. You can take one apart that is still working OK, and it will not look as bad, but why would you, if its still working good?? This is just my opinion.

The key is to replace them when they start tasting off. I have had other cartos burn and I could taste it right away :) I just toss it and fill a new one. You do have to keep them wet and they will go through alot of juice.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
The key is to replace them when they start tasting off. I have had other cartos burn and I could taste it right away :) I just toss it and fill a new one. You do have to keep them wet and they will go through alot of juice.
I agree, toss it and fill a new one. It is hard to give up a carto that is working even if just ok, LOL, but when I do they are always burnt. I think anytime the carto is not working very good, or harder to draw, it's already burnt. Thats been my experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread