Duals and triples are grose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I agree, toss it and fill a new one. It is hard to give up a carto that is working even if just ok, LOL, but when I do they are always burnt. I think anytime the carto is not working very good, or harder to draw, it's already burnt. Thats been my experience.

I just took a new one apart after 10 puffs and guess what, the diapers are already scorched, Even lf you don't taste it, the diaper I think "cotton" is up against a very hot coil and starts getting scorched immediately no mater how wet it is. The theory of heating water in a paper cup does not apply, put the paper cup on a red hot coil of an electric stove and the cup will burn, same as I can hold my finger in a flame for a little while but if I touch the red hot coil of a stove I burn immediately. I am sending a piece of the cloth to be analyzed at a lab.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I am wondering. When you fill your cartos do you let them sit for at least 15-20 minutes to let the liquid fully absorb into the filler? I am just dumfounded by your experience with the dcs since I know of at least 10 others that have been using and loving the dcs as long as I have. Some of them do use tanks which are sure to keep the entire carto wet at all times :) I do know that if you have even just a few dry spots in the filler it will burn.

sheryder

ECF Veteran
I am fairly new to cartomizers and have noted the scorching you mention upon inspection. I do my best to avoid it by keeping them wet. I don't worry about it however. Compared to the junk in regular cigs that I ignored for many years I am better off using the cartos. Not that improvements aren't needed/welcome.....I'm just not going to sweat it.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I am wondering. When you fill your cartos do you let them sit for at least 15-20 minutes to let the liquid fully absorb into the filler? I am just dumfounded by your experience with the dcs since I know of at least 10 others that have been using and loving the dcs as long as I have. Some of them do use tanks which are sure to keep the entire carto wet at all times :) I do know that if you have even just a few dry spots in the filler it will burn.

I love them as far as amount of vapor and taste. I normally drip but spend up to 2hrs a day driving. Dripping and driving is not good, so was looking for something that produced loads of vapor and found it in the DC and TC. As an aero engineer I am curious to how everything works and just had to take one apart. I didn't like the burnt diaper. I have access to a chemical lab and will do a qualitative analysis on the diaper material, it may be harmless, but we are vaping fumes from it.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
I am Curious, are you saying that at end of the useful life of the DC cartomizer, that it has not burned the diaper?? Also are the tanks you wrote about in your post, the ones that you put the cartomizer inside of it?

QBass

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
spooning the Trinity River in Texas
My triple coil syringe tank:

qbass-albums-post-fodder-picture50767-100-1529-w.jpg

You can just make out one of the feeder holes in the carto. This carto, I've only been using for a few days, and this is the tank's second fill. Dual 3/32" holes seem to keep the filler perfectly moist with 80/20 e-liquid at 6 volts through 1.7 ohms.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
That's what comes on them from the factory.

Yes they do burn, just like the originals. When I start getting a reduction in vapor because the coils are all gunked up I take them apart so I can dry burn the coils. With the coils clean again they produce like new. The original diapers are always burnt to some degree so now when they have holes I replace them.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
This is the same triple I cleaned, dry burned, and changed the diapers two days ago. The new diapers are stained black, I am not saying burnt, they are black from the same gunk that forms on the coil, this staining carries through to the filler and stains the eliquid. The new diapers do not have burnt holes yet. The coils on the DC and TC last forever, in over a month I have not been able to burn one. The new cotton diapers work perfectly.

salemgold

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2010
South Carolina
I am Curious, are you saying that at end of the useful life of the DC cartomizer, that it has not burned the diaper?? Also are the tanks you wrote about in your post, the ones that you put the cartomizer inside of
it?

Vapor Junction will have some available this week :) If anyone would like to punch holes in their cartos for the tank this is a great video :) #2028

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread