Duals and triples are grose!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
No wonder they are burning. 1.7 ohm cartos at 6 volts is over 21 watts.
The standard carts 3.2 ohms burn also at 3.7 volts. If you don't take them apart you will never know, that they do burn the diaper. Please folks take them apart when they quit working and let us know if you don't see gunk or burned diaper, and if you do see gunk and burnt diaper let us now also. If you don't use a clearomizer you will never see it.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
No wonder they are burning. 1.7 ohm cartos at 6 volts is over 21 watts.

Hate it when people assume something and then state it as a fact. I use a 3.7v single 14500 Box mod. Been at this a long time and so have you, so lets respect each other. They all end up burning no mater what voltage. Cotton diapers next to hot coils.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Hate it when people assume something and then state it as a fact. I use a 3.7v single 14500 Box mod. Been at this a long time and so have you, so lets respect each other. They all end up burning no mater what voltage. Cotton diapers next to hot coils.
Agree, ALL end up burning Cotton diapers wrapped around a hot coil. Doesn't matter who makes it or how many coils it has, or what Ohm's it is, it will burn the diaper. If someone could show and tell me different, I and a whole lot of others would be very grateful, I sure would like to know if there is a way, besides not vaping it, that wouldn't burn the diaper. So if anyone knows how, PLEASE, please let the rest us know. There are ways to slow it down a little but not for long. THANKS

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Decided to start a new DC today. The first picture at 1:30 pm filled and sitting for an hour. Second picture 2:17 pm after vaping for about 45 min, starting to show brown spot. Third picture 10 pm, notably stained, I replenished eliquid after every10 puffs so no chance of dry diaper. Have not found anywhere that cotton fumes are harmful so I will continue to use these when I can't drip, when driving.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
Agree, ALL end up burning Cotton diapers wrapped around a hot coil. Doesn't matter who makes it or how many coils it has, or what Ohm's it is, it will burn the diaper. If someone could show and tell me different, I and a whole lot of others would be very grateful, I sure would like to know if there is a way, besides not vaping it, that wouldn't burn the diaper. So if anyone knows how, PLEASE, please let the rest us know. There are ways to slow it down a little but not for long. THANKS

I use the clear dual coils and mine are never burnt. My Mom's cartos always are (I clean and refill both so I see them). I can't tell you why. She vapes BWB Casablanca, I vape nhalers pg. Although sometimes I use 70pg/20vg VB peach.

Her juice is dark, mine is clear. I can't tell you if this is the reason or if it has nothing to do with it. Maybe it's the way we vape? I really have no clue why. Next time I clean them, I'll post a picture. It has nothing to do with the way they're filled because I fill them both. Her's almost always have to be thrown away, while I can clean and refill mine.

aubergine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2010
MD
You two are a rarity in my humble opinion. I have NEVER seen a carto with a diaper and wicking material that did not
burn the diaper. I don't care if its a single coil or 3 coils. They ALL burn... ]
Ayup. Bloogs are the worst IME - black mess in there on 3.7 in very short order, and you may not taste it much. Rip in.
But they're all very vulnerable, especially if you tend to chain-vape.
At 5 it's ALWAYS problematical sooner or later with ANY carto. Please note that I've been at this for a good while, and we're not talking about dark juice, under-dripped cartos, or confusion of any sort. I have enough money to feel OK about taking 'em apart at any stage to see what's going on. Cartos burn. Period. And I still only use cartos, because in the end that's my preference - but I sure wish they'd improve in that dept..

Last edited:

icy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2010
Pampa, Texas
I had the same problem and I won't use them anymore. I bought mine from different vendor. I addressed using something different than cloth around the coils and was shot down. It doesn't matter what juice is used or even straight pg it still burns and this is while keeping the material wet at all times. I tried it all. I use a 3.7 device.
There has got to be something better to wrap around the coils?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/213252-burnt-cartomizers-silica-rope.html

Last edited:

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
I had the same problem and I won't use them anymore. I bought mine from different vendor. I addressed using something different than cloth around the coils and was shot down. It doesn't matter what juice is used or even straight pg it still burns and this is while keeping the material wet at all times. I tried it all. I use a 3.7 device.
There has got to be something better to wrap around the coils?
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/213252-burnt-cartomizers-silica-rope.html

I recently wrapped the duals coil with silica wick from old CE. It works but less vaper.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Being semi retired and a lot of time on my hand, this morning all my puffs from the DC I blew out through the same spot on my cotton handkerchief, like we used to do with analogs to show the amount of tar we inhaled. Happy to report that after more than 100 puffs no stain on the handkerchief. Even with the filler and liquid stained it doesn't seem to get into the vapor. Makes me feel a little better on using them, of course this doesn't eliminate invisible fumes.

x-smok3

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2011
Tennessee
BJ43 I am with you on the filler burning being a concern. I love the Boge 2.0 cartomizers but I have stopped using them much because of that. I have gone to the Gotvapes version of CE2 called Fluxomizers and have been pretty happy with those. They are higher resistance than the Boge (saving the battery drain) with almost the same vapor and even better flavor.
To me the argument that it is safer than smoking is like saying stabbing yourself is safer than shooting yourself. No doubt true but if it can be avoided, why not ;)

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
BJ43 I am with you on the filler burning being a concern. I love the Boge 2.0 cartomizers but I have stopped using them much because of that. I have gone to the Gotvapes version of CE2 called Fluxomizers and have been pretty happy with those. They are higher resistance than the Boge (saving the battery drain) with almost the same vapor and even better flavor.
To me the argument that it is safer than smoking is like saying stabbing yourself is safer than shooting yourself. No doubt true but if it can be avoided, why not ;)

Ordered some Fluxomizers to try, the CE2s I tried were very weak in flavor on both 3.7 and 5v and the coils went pretty fast.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
The lab reported that the three diaper cloth samples I sent them, two from separate DC and one from a TC, all new and unused, were 100% cotton. We did not go to the expense of more test because analyzes of fumes from burning 100% cotton cloth have been tested many times and are available to the public. Don't want to say they are harmless, but feel a little better about what I am putting into my lungs. There are many variables when you burn a combination of chemicals, cloth and eliquids, and each would be different.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
The lab reported that the three diaper cloth samples I sent them, two from separate DC and one from a TC, all new and unused, were 100% cotton. We did not go to the expense of more test because analyzes of fumes from burning 100% cotton cloth have been tested many times and are available to the public. Don't want to say they are harmless, but feel a little better about what I am putting into my lungs. There are many variables when you burn a combination of chemicals, cloth and eliquids, and each would be different.
Great information. Thanks for you time and effort. Its nice to know what that diaper is made of.

wyojoe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wyoming
Isn't it more than just the cotton diaper that burns tho? I have seen pics of burnt polyfil. That worries me more than the cotton
Thats true I just used a match to burn the polyfil and it melted a little and then caught fire. Now I know the polyfil will not catch fire with the heat of the coil but it DOES melt so may give off a vapor, usually it just melts a hole in it but who knows,it may be as bad as the diaper for stuff we should not be inhaling.

BJ43

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 27, 2008
Years ago in the model T age of Ecigs, several lab tests were done on the different fillers used in carts. I will try to find them. I was more concerned with the diaper because it always burns or at least scorches. Keep them wet is the best advice and when possible just drip, it is probably the healthiest way to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread