Not open for further replies.

Vape Ross Vape

Sep 27, 2015
Not really concerned jut curious. Now all I have to do is get this vape bed
vape bed.jpg

Dodo0769

Sep 21, 2015
Kentucky
With a cigarette you have a start point and end point. With a vape not so much. I am like The little engine that could. Just puffing away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am the same way! I'm an all-day-vaporer when I'm not at work. I think it's because I'm not getting the same amount of nicotine in my system as I did with analogs.

FSimon

Sep 25, 2015
Heh I was wondering about that as well.... I mean I don't have any problems chain-vaping all day but just curious as to how the numbers would compare to cigarettes :) Yesterday I was kinda using my evic all day and got around 900 puffs added to the counter. I can't remember exactly how many puffs I got off a real cigarette, but that would probably be at least a 'half-decent' way of comparing the two (if it's even possible to compare).

So for the sake of simplicity let's say it took me 20 puffs to go through a cigarette (not when the craving kicked in, cuz that would prolly be like 5 - like when you're not allowed to smoke in someones car and you finally arrive to the destination). I also happened to be a chain smoker before converting to vaping, which means at least 2 packs a day... (4 at parties) so that would add up to roughly 800-1000 puffs a day from analog cigarettes as well.

I'm actually surprised as well since it's the first time I did these calculations, but it seems rather consistent. To sum it up I would prolly 'chain-anything' when I have the time... and there is only so much time in a day. So if it's a choice between cigarettes and vape, I'd gladly take even twice as much vape if it keeps me off cigarettes.. :))

Cheers to all!

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I'd depends on the MG you're vaping. The way nicotine addiction works.. Think of it like a bucket with a hole in it. The more you're addicted, the bigger the hole. So you have to keep filling it. So the amount you fill it depends on the level of nic you're vaping, your vaping frequency, and you're setup. A subohm setup will produce more vapor and bring in more nicotine per drag. If you vape too much nicotine, you'll od and get dizzy and nauseous. If you want to vape more frequently, reduce your nic. If you want to vape less frequently, increase your nic. There is no way to equate it to cigarettes because of the different levels of nic and individual setups.

FSimon

Sep 25, 2015
I'd depends on the MG you're vaping. The way nicotine addiction works.. Think of it like a bucket with a hole in it. The more you're addicted, the bigger the hole. So you have to keep filling it. So the amount you fill it depends on the level of nic you're vaping, your vaping frequency, and you're setup. A subohm setup will produce more vapor and bring in more nicotine per drag. If you vape too much nicotine, you'll od and get dizzy and nauseous. If you want to vape more frequently, reduce your nic. If you want to vape less frequently, increase your nic. There is no way to equate it to cigarettes because of the different levels of nic and individual setups.
Hey there!

Despite your explanation with the bucket being the ideal model in most 'normal' cases, I'm pretty sure it does not apply to a select group of chain-smokers. Like Katmar said before there are those who take a few vapes till they're satisfied (those aim at filling that magic bucket), but there are also those who chain-vape regardless of nic levels or 'bucket-fullness'.

People are different so I will not try to assume too much, but what I can tell you is how it was for me. Like I mentioned before I used to smoke 2 packs a day minimum, but many times that went up to 3 or 4 packs even. And it wasn't about my nicotine level, since that was well satisfied already, but I had nothing better to do so I just kept lighting them - obviously ending up with mild nicotine poisoning several times, and not even that stopping me from lighting the next one.

So it's not that one-sided and even though the nicotine addiction is what's preventing you from quitting, the opposite isn't necessary true, meaning that the nicotine addiction isn't the reason you light the next cigarette just 2 minutes after you finished the previous one, that actually has more to do with your personality and habits kept in 'control' by the actual amount of free time you have and your ultimate nicotine tolerance (at which point you pass out and can smoke no more :) )

With that being said even though a pack of 'decent' cigarettes contains the lethal amount of nicotine for a non-smoker, I had no trouble smoking 4 of them a day and ending up with just a mild headache at most, thus my tolerance level was sufficiently high, yet despite of that it seems my actual 'craving' level turned out to be much lower as I had absolutely no problem with starting out on a 12 mg/ml juice and lowering it to 6mg just a week later out of pure curiosity without just once having any kind of craving for a real cigarette.

To sum up everything, I'm not trying to throw bricks through the window that is 'the scientific explanation of how addictive substances work' - I'm well aware of how they work :) Just wanted to point out that there is much more to this story and everything can vary from person to person, and yes there are also those people that actually quit smoking without any sort of replacement habit then start smoking again 3 months later (well over the period of time required for nicotine addiction to diminish into nothingness) simply because they find that they have no idea what to do with themselves when they have no specific task at hand and thus even a zero nicotine vape would just keep them busy and off cigarettes. And I for one would like to see that happen more often instead of people getting back on cigs..

Well yea that's kind of everything I had to add to that subject :)
Cheers and have fun!

Reactions: gofishtx

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
i typically only stop for 2 occasions 1. feeling sick/headache ( happenes frequently when chain vaping to me, not sure if it's because im dehydrated but i'd assume so as i typically drink a lot of energy drinks and not a lot of water throughout the day on weekdays ) 2. when my vaporizer gets pretty hot. if i chain vape it gets pretty hot/warm so i stop and let it cool down. not sure if it does anything but i've just had so many bad experiences with glasses breaking on me with hot liquids in them. im sure it can handle the heat i mean im only running 25watts at max but i also like to take a breather.

another occasion i stop which i am highly unsure of why this happens is when my chest starts to hurt. i take some long drags and i assume my diaphram cannot handle it/isn't used to it thus it hurts and makes it kind of hard to breath. other then those reasons i vape until i get tired per session. if i am vaping 6mg which for me is too damn strong of a throat hit those sessions become shorter then the 3mg.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I used the bucket explanation because that's what they used in a Harvard lecture I saw and it makes sense. Sure everybody's individual case might be different, and then there's the argument of habit vs addiction. But like I said, if you want to vape more, lower your nic and vape away, so you don't get nic sick. And if you want to vape less, the first step would be to move your nic level up, to at least fix the addiction part. The habit part is on you.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
I just vape. Good for me I do not use subohm setups, so my juice consumption stays at 5 ml/day. I can afford to chain vape at 9-12 W whenever I want to. So, I do not have "stop" point, stopping only when I am full (enough of nicotine). When these "full" feelings became too frequent I decrease amount of nic in my juice. Went from 24 mg to 8 mg, mostly on 5 ml daily.

Reactions: Liskrig

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
I treat it like smoking which I didn't do in the house or at work. I go out to the garage to vape at home so I treat it like a cigarette in that I go out for 5-10 minutes for about 15-20 pulls at a time. Works for me. If I'm working outside or in the garage I obviously vape more but that was the same as smoking.

FSimon

Sep 25, 2015
No, I wasn't going for the habit vs. addiction argument, that argument is obviously false and like I mentioned before it's actually the nicotine addiction stopping people from quitting (when most claim it's actually just the habit). I was just specifying that everything we generalize here about addictions may apply to most people, but it surely won't apply to everyone.
A short version of what I was trying to say before would be: If I were to up my nic level to say 36mg I would still have around 900 puffs a day since that's about as much as I have time for on a regular day (unless I pass out or die a horrible death before that :D ) I was a 'real' chain-smoker (of which I'm not that proud of) and the way I would define it is that I just don't know when to quit :p so no amounts of nic sick would prevent me from taking that next vape. And yes I am aware of how stupid that might sound or how hard it would be to imagine for someone who didn't experience it.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
I always considered vaping and smoking to be like apples and oranges. A smoker, who smokes a pack a day, has 20 highs and 20 lows every day. (I was a 3 pad smoker so I had 60 highs and lows). As a vaper I try for more of an even keel type thing...no highs...no lows...just keep vaping. I adjust my nic percentage if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread