Durable box mod without a huge price tag?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawnw1561

Sep 7, 2013
nebraska
I'm looking for a new box. I'm currently running a clone of an IPV3, and its slowly starting to fall apart. It was my first box mod, (only ran cheap mech mods prior), and I love it. But I'm looking at new boxes, and it seems like they are either well made, or expensive! I'm pretty tough on the things I carry every day, so this is no exception. Any suggestions?

rallykid

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2014
Michigan
I slammed my 3li in the car door and all it did was put a little scratch on it. That thing has been with as a daily carry and has not had an easy life but is still going strong. $99 at my local B&M but can be had cheaper online. Both of my sigelei mods have held up well also.

You mentioned price, what is your budget? To some over $50 is expensive, to some it is over $300.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I'm looking for a new box. I'm currently running a clone of an IPV3, and its slowly starting to fall apart. It was my first box mod, (only ran cheap mech mods prior), and I love it. But I'm looking at new boxes, and it seems like they are either well made, or expensive! I'm pretty tough on the things I carry every day, so this is no exception. Any suggestions?
Where did you find a clone of the IPV3? I didn't know that the were any.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Mistyped, I have the ipv4 actually. And I don't remember the site I ordered from, I surfed the internet for deals and stumbled on it.
Took 2 months to ship from China though [emoji17]
Are you sure it's a clone? How? Haven't heard of any clones of the IPV4 either.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
It was marketed as such. And I spent about 26 dollars on it. If it isn't a clone, then I got a pretty junky/cheap pioneer4you product.

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk
Where did you get it? Interested in checking it out (won't buy it though).

whodat2112

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
May 13, 2012
Mississippi Just Outside Of NOLA
I'm surprised no one mentioned the MVP 3.0 Pro or the Disrupter. Both are made by Innokin. And if you want durable, I believe these are the most durable mods that you can buy. The MVP has an internal battery, and that turns some folks off. But the Disrupter has a changeable battery, although it is proprietary.
Both are built like a sherman tank.

Eitje

Sep 2, 2015
I picked up a VTC Mini (just the mod not the kit) for 35 dollars, it's a pretty solid little device for almost nothing, I've spent more on cotton performs pretty well 75w after the firmware upgrade single 18650.
Second that, if you can live with 'only' 75W , the VTC mini is a sturdy and compact little device which supports all current wire types. Even has bypass mode if you really want to stress that single cell. I dropped mine half a dozen times by now and its still fine besides some minor blemishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread