Durable Tank for an iStick 30W?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Aspire Nautilus keeps leaking from the vent hole adjustment area. I figured I should just buy a new tank instead of spending more money buying parts...hoping it will be fixed.

I'm looking for a glass tank that has a reputation for being well made and durable. Also a plus if I can get one of those stainless steel protective sleeves to fit over the glass. Non-subohm or a sub-ohm tank that has regular ohm+ coils.

Thanks.

pappcam

ECF Veteran
Jun 16, 2015
Canada
My Aspire Nautilus keeps leaking from the vent hole adjustment area. I figured I should just buy a new tank instead of spending more money buying parts...hoping it will be fixed.

I'm looking for a glass tank that has a reputation for being well made and durable. Also a plus if I can get one of those stainless steel protective sleeves to fit over the glass. Non-subohm or a sub-ohm tank that has regular ohm+ coils.

Thanks.

My Nautilus has never leaked. I have the protective "Cage" for it.

Are you tightening the coils down too hard?

Eric

I did some research as I had some leaking issues with my Nautilus Minis and found that one of the main culprits is the seal between the glass and the top steel hardware where the drip tip is. There's a silicon seal in there and if it doesn't seal properly the tank loses vacuum and it drips through the coil and air holes. The easiest way to solve this although not the cheapest, is to replace the pyrex tank with one of the steel replacement tanks. The lattice one or the "penis" one. :| I purchased the lattice patterned ones and since there's no removable top piece that seal is no longer an issue and leaking is no longer a problem.

Of course YMMV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread