Dying for a SID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Hi loislolalane welcome to ECF

just wondered if you ever looked at an MVP v2... ? :)

- iTaste 2.0 MVP Kit with iClear16

I have looked at it but I think the fact that it's square throws me off, a little. (LOL) I have shape shallowness. Do you think it's better than the SID?

Living, loving, and laughing all the time!

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I got a SID from madvapes and got an extra controller head and the 18350 & 18500 tubes. I really like it, it has all the features you need in a VV/VW mod. The resistance reading is very helpful, it can tell you if you have a dead clearo/carto/tank. If you have a local madvapes store definitely go in and check it out.

Yes! I'm going to my local MadVapes tomorrow to have a look. I'm so glad you told me all of this about your personal experience with the same local B&M as I! They're great there but to know you like the device is a definite plus! Thank you! :)

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
I personally think the mvp is the best non-russian-asian pv you can get, really one of the best pv's period.. You need to hold all of this stuff if you can.

I will watch more video and do more research, then feel it up when I go to the store tomorrow. (LOL) Thanks for your suggestion!

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
Ainokea:11067894 said:
I personally think the mvp is the best non-russian-asian pv you can get, really one of the best pv's period.. You need to hold all of this stuff if you can.

non-asian??? did i miss something? isn't innokin chinese.. but i do agree with you the MVP is the best value out there right now.

Sorry...*non-Russian Asian PV***

Krizzell

ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Las Vegas
Hi, guys!

I'm a noob who pretty much sped through the levels that most seem to go through.

I started last month with a regular ego battery/clearomizer hook up. The person who sold it to me didn't tell me much so I set out to find answers myself and found an entire world that I have come to find intriguing! Anyway, I bought a K-100 two weeks ago and bought a kick two days ago. Now that I've discovered variable wattage, I want to know what the variable voltage experience would give me, but I want a device that has easy menus, variable voltage and wattage, and an ohm reader. I was looking at the Smok SID. Any advice for or against?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

STOP! I bought a SID in late Aug. the switch is malfunctioning already started on last Sat.Works sometime settings jump all over the place,I'm not a happy camper! And it looks like service is non-existent. Never had a failure this fast on anything and I did not drop it,crank the atomizer down tight, nothing.Just use it. The button is the weak link in a lot of VV-VW devices.Lucky I have a mechanical mod.

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
I'm in the EXACT same position as you. In the span of 3 months of vaping I've gone from a Halo Triton 650mah starter kit, to the Vision Spinner 1300mah with Kanger MT3 tank and, because the Vision battery maxes out at 4.8 Volts, I'm just not getting enough and looking to get an APS VV/VW device.

I've been researching these Mods for literally weeks and watched reviews for the Joyetech eVic, SID, Lavatube (not flush and no drip or recess channel so it limits the tanks you can use), all the Zmax units, all the Innokin units like the Itaste 134 (too monstrous and tacky), the MVP Pro 2.0 (Watts don't go high enough), and on and on. And with each one, I find something that seems to be a deal breaker. The eVic is too weak and limiting. The DNA-20 devices are too much power and don't offer a more low-end vape. Some devices don't have button lock and each touch changes settings...there's always something.

I like the SID and the Vamo the best so far...but haven't found that one that says, "Yes! This is IT"

JayTater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
tampa fl
STOP! I bought a SID in late Aug. the switch is malfunctioning already started on last Sat.Works sometime settings jump all over the place,I'm not a happy camper! And it looks like service is non-existent. Never had a failure this fast on anything and I did not drop it,crank the atomizer down tight, nothing.Just use it. The button is the weak link in a lot of VV-VW devices.Lucky I have a mechanical mod.

Same experience with my SID. But.... The control heads are cheap enough at Madvapes. I did set mine on the "retired stuff shelf" at the house, but have been running it for 2 days now without issue..

Enoch777

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Midwest, USA
I have a SID and did plenty of research on all the popular APVs. I decided on the SID because it seemed to offer the most performance for the least amount of money. I've had mine for 3 months now and really couldn't be happier with my choice. I will say, it's slimmer and a bit smaller than it looks in review videos, if you've seen any.

The menu system is very easy to get a hang of and I haven't had a single problem with the button either. Mine is actually very clicky and durable feeling. The finish is nice (I bought a black version) and the threads are very smooth. The 510 connection is solid and literally everything I've put on it has worked just fine.

It's true that you can't fire anything below 1.2ohms, but the same can be said for most APVs as far as I know. At any rate I'm using a RDA with micro coil @ 1.3 ohms and it's a fantastic setup. I don't take my SID with me to work though, I prefer to take care of my APV and leave it at home. eGos are for out-and-about.

Considering how much I like the SID, I've been thinking about getting a MVP v1 or v2. They seem fantastic and I think ultimately I'd rather take the MVP with me out of the house rather than the SID if I had one. At the end of the day though, the SID will offer you plenty of options and performance and does its job very very well. Throw some Panasonic CGR18650CHs or AW IMRs in there and you will be good to go.

:2c:

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
Cool looking because it's not the typical "Personal Vibrator" type shape that most are. Great battery life with the internal battery...and that you can use it while charging. The form factor is great, but the fire button is in a weird place to me. Seems like it should be on the short side and not the long side. Little personal things maybe. But the real killer to me is that it only maxes out at 5Volts.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I have had, and liked, both the SID and the MVP. Both were great for me. The MVP was tougher and had better battery life, but honestly I reached for the SID far more often, not sure why exactly, just like the form factor better I suppose. The only issue I had with the SID was that occasionally the LCD screen would stop working, would have to take out the battery for a sec and put it back in, then all was well. Didn't happen often, but it did happen.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Not that it means anything but I was in a b&m yesterday while travelling. I alwaysstop and look. They had a special on the I taste SVD so I got one for my wife. Of course I had to run sometests on it in the hotel. Seems like a pretty nice device. Better than vamo and around the same price.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I was looking at the Smok SID. Any advice for or against?

I bought one to replace a broken eVic. I'm most underwhelmed in all honesty.

The menu and display are disappointing. The power on/off is a joke and mostly I wonder if I've been spoiled for 6 months with an eVic?

I got mine for £34 ($55?) and for the money, it's great! Can I live with it long-term? Just not sure. Ask me in another week.

fins13mp

Oct 21, 2013
Tampa Bay, FL
Thank you all so much! You've been greatly helpful! I went to Madvapes today and after talking to the lovely staff I did find that the SID was the best choice for me. Thanks again, you all! Happy vaping!

Well, you convinced me too. Unfortunately, MadVapes was out of the black and I'm too impatient to be notified when it's in stock...so I ended up ordering it with the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Batteries and the Efest Bio V2 Charger from MyVaporStore.com. $46.95 plus a 5% Coupon Code from here (5offECF I think it was).

Cheers!

loislolalane

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2013
Well, you convinced me too. Unfortunately, MadVapes was out of the black and I'm too impatient to be notified when it's in stock...so I ended up ordering it with the Panasonic NCR18650B 3400mAh Batteries and the Efest Bio V2 Charger from MyVaporStore.com. $46.95 plus a 5% Coupon Code from here (5offECF I think it was).

Cheers!

NICE!! Definitely come back and let me know how you like it!

rangie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
NOTTINGHAM ENGLAND
Hi I got myself a SMOK SID a week ago and I got it from cloud9 vaping and it came with 3 tubes in white and it is a cracking bit of kit for the price I haven't put it down since I've had vapes a dream it gets a big thumbs up from me im using it with the new kanger unitank and AGA-T2

Smoktech S.I.D. VV/VW Mod - Cloud 9 Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread