E Cig and Juice Stand

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
So I just started vaping and have become quite partial to dripping. I wanted to keep my ego and juice nearby when I'm at the desk but also didn't want any spills, or ego accidents so I came up with a little stand. It's not finished as I plan to do levels and stain it later but just whipped something up in the garage quickly tonight and it is serving the purpose for now.

Attachments

• Ego stand.jpg
    Ego stand.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 414

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
LOL. Not much interest apparently in my ghetto prototype. What, no love for a block of wood with two holes drilled in it? Went out today and bought a beautiful piece of zebrawood to work with. Figure when it is done I'll keep it on my desk like a fine pen holder, and no, it won't look like that.

Actually I thought it was pretty nice and seems like it would be pretty easy to standardize to whatever you happen to vaping on. When I first started I thought about trying it with a piece of styrofoam that had come out of a coffee pot I had bought since I don't have wood, tools, drills, or skill. I bet that zebra wood is pretty attractive, and I think it's a great idea. I would have to make mine a little deeper just to make sure it didn't topple right out of there; I'm on the keyboard all the time and I really beat the heck out of the keyboard enough to shake the whole desk.

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
Thanks SimpleSins. Although ugly, the pictured block has been on my nightstand or desk since I drilled it out. It is rather handy. It is deeper than it looks and I can't bump my desk to make it topple. The zebrawood is beautiful. I have a friend who uses it for lots of projects. Once sanded fine, the finish is gorgeous. It's not cheap though, so I'm going to have fun and make some mock ups before I cut into the ZW. I'll post what I finally come up with. Your styrofoam idea seems like it would work just fine, have fun :)

SimpleSins

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2010
SW Iowa
I know it's borderline sacrilege to true workers in wood but you could get some zebra wood veneer (I can't remember where I found it on line) and use whatever wood you have laying around and then cover with the zebra wood veneer. You'd still have the beauty of the wood but with an underlay of pine. I think it was $20 a sheet or something; you could make several beautiful pieces out of it.

Para

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2010
Texas
LOL. Not much interest apparently in my ghetto prototype. What, no love for a block of wood with two holes drilled in it? Went out today and bought a beautiful piece of zebrawood to work with. Figure when it is done I'll keep it on my desk like a fine pen holder, and no, it won't look like that.

I, for one, think it's cool

doubledown

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 31, 2010
Columbia, SC
Thanks proudlion! I hadn't thought of selling them. I'm just a novice when working with wood, but I'd like to make it more of a hobby. Who knows, maybe it is my new calling, lol. Wait till you see my finished product before you say you'd want one, it might end up looking like something from Dr. Suess.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
That certainly is a LOT better looking than my block of black foam with holes cut in it and sitting in a Pelican 1120.

Mine does hold 4 fully assembled eGo's, 4 510's, 2 905's, 4 extra eGo batts, 5 extra 510 batts, a PCC, 5volt mod, and Mr. Puffer.

In case of fire, I can just lay everything down and close the lid and run out the door and vape while I watch the fire burn everything else because I was so obsessed on saving my PV's that I forgot about the other stuff. At least I won't be running back into the house to get a pack of smokes, right?

I have a NA flute made out of Zebra wood. Beautiful and amazing sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread