E Cig and Juice Stand

Discussion in 'Tips and Tricks' started by doubledown, Sep 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. doubledown

doubledown Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So I just started vaping and have become quite partial to dripping. I wanted to keep my ego and juice nearby when I'm at the desk but also didn't want any spills, or ego accidents so I came up with a little stand. It's not finished as I plan to do levels and stain it later but just whipped something up in the garage quickly tonight and it is serving the purpose for now.

Attached Files:

2. doubledown

LOL. Not much interest apparently in my ghetto prototype. What, no love for a block of wood with two holes drilled in it? Went out today and bought a beautiful piece of zebrawood to work with. Figure when it is done I'll keep it on my desk like a fine pen holder, and no, it won't look like that.

3. SimpleSins

SimpleSins Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Actually I thought it was pretty nice and seems like it would be pretty easy to standardize to whatever you happen to vaping on. When I first started I thought about trying it with a piece of styrofoam that had come out of a coffee pot I had bought since I don't have wood, tools, drills, or skill. I bet that zebra wood is pretty attractive, and I think it's a great idea. I would have to make mine a little deeper just to make sure it didn't topple right out of there; I'm on the keyboard all the time and I really beat the heck out of the keyboard enough to shake the whole desk.

4. doubledown

Thanks SimpleSins. Although ugly, the pictured block has been on my nightstand or desk since I drilled it out. It is rather handy. It is deeper than it looks and I can't bump my desk to make it topple. The zebrawood is beautiful. I have a friend who uses it for lots of projects. Once sanded fine, the finish is gorgeous. It's not cheap though, so I'm going to have fun and make some mock ups before I cut into the ZW. I'll post what I finally come up with. Your styrofoam idea seems like it would work just fine, have fun :)

5. SimpleSins

SimpleSins Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I know it's borderline sacrilege to true workers in wood but you could get some zebra wood veneer (I can't remember where I found it on line) and use whatever wood you have laying around and then cover with the zebra wood veneer. You'd still have the beauty of the wood but with an underlay of pine. I think it was $20 a sheet or something; you could make several beautiful pieces out of it.

6. Para

Para Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I, for one, think it's cool

7. Sue1971

Sue1971 Super Member ECF Veteran

It's better than the double shot glass that I keep my ego in...lol

8. HzG8rGrl

HzG8rGrl Trippy Tip Hoarder Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Something like this would be great to have on the nightstand or the side table when you are watching TV, I would add an extra hole for one more flavor-LOL. That is, if it were mine. I can't vape just one flavor all the time. Can't wait to see it in the ZW.

9. tmbrown327

tmbrown327 Super Member ECF Veteran

You put yours down?

10. doubledown

Thanks for the feedback everyone. HzG8rGrl, I was going to do exactly that! Right now I'm thinking a three tiered stand with two low sides for the juice and a taller middle section to hold the ego securely. Waiting to get with a friend so I can borrow his band saw.

11. proudlion

proudlion Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Hi doubledown - Terrific idea - I like your prototype & am eager to see more. Thinking about marketing your final product? I'll buy!

12. doubledown

Thanks proudlion! I hadn't thought of selling them. I'm just a novice when working with wood, but I'd like to make it more of a hobby. Who knows, maybe it is my new calling, lol. Wait till you see my finished product before you say you'd want one, it might end up looking like something from Dr. Suess.

13. thephoenix

thephoenix Registered Supplier ECF Veteran

14. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    That certainly is a LOT better looking than my block of black foam with holes cut in it and sitting in a Pelican 1120.

Mine does hold 4 fully assembled eGo's, 4 510's, 2 905's, 4 extra eGo batts, 5 extra 510 batts, a PCC, 5volt mod, and Mr. Puffer.

In case of fire, I can just lay everything down and close the lid and run out the door and vape while I watch the fire burn everything else because I was so obsessed on saving my PV's that I forgot about the other stuff. At least I won't be running back into the house to get a pack of smokes, right?

I have a NA flute made out of Zebra wood. Beautiful and amazing sound.

15. doubledown

SuZamme, that sounds beautiful. I had never seen a native american flute before but just googled it. Would you mind posting a pic? I'd love to see that.

16. SuZamme

SuZamme Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Here is a photo I just took (well, since I'm on dial-up it was quite awhile ago - lol)

[​IMG]

17. doubledown

That's beautiful! (Nice composition and color on the photo too ;) )

18. KayleePup

KayleePup Senior Member ECF Veteran

I like the idea of the stand! I would definately need more levels. As of now I have 9 of the 6ml bottles sitting on the desk. I like to change flavors alot LOL.....when on the computer mostly drip with my PT so it makes it easy to vape whatever I crave!

KayleePup

19. faeriekari

faeriekari Senior Member ECF Veteran

my friend made me a stand yesterday and is offering to make them for others. I love it. It works great on my desk or nightstand and it makes dripping hands free :)
    [​IMG]

20. tmbrown327

tmbrown327 Super Member ECF Veteran

One handed maybe, but probably not completely hands free... :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.