E-Cig Battery Problemse

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaCosta

Nov 25, 2015
Hi! I'm new to the site. I have been cigarette free and vaping for over a year! It has been the best thing. But I have been having issues with my batteries. I have already thrown 2 away thinking they just wear out eventually although 2 batteries at $25 dollars in a year seems alittle odd. I have always used the smok brand battery. The 1st two always worked fine until one day they just didn't. They would be working fine then suddenly die, and when I'd put them on the charger, the light would light up, but not blink when I took it off like normal and not light up/turn on anymore after that. I have tried using other chargers. Does no good. So, I'm just looking for some feedback seeing if anyone else has came into this problem. My 3rd battery I've got started doing this last night and now I'm having to use a e-cig to go battery which does not hit has hard for some reason. Thanks for any help!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
1 years is a reasonable life for a vaping battery. Some will last longer some not as long. Depends on the quality of the battery. Still lots cheaper than smoking.
Batteries get weaker with time/use as well.
What type of battery? Ego style variable voltage types I assume from the pricing you stated.

Last edited:

gandymarsh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2014
WI, USA
There are many variables that come into play in the life of a battery. How often it's used, the coil resistance used, how far it's drained down before charging etc.

1 year is a reasonable amount of time for an Ego style battery to last if these are the only batteries you use. If these are the short 650 mah batteries, they probably get charged every day or even more often. I think they are only good for 300-500 charge cycles.

$25 X 2 = $50 divided by 365 = 14 cents/day.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Gosh. With these sort of batteries, your mileage will vary.

Some get weak in 4 to 6 months, others manage over year with 300 or 400 charges.

Smok are cheap and cheerful but don't have the best reputation. The trouble is, we could suggest Kanger or Joyetech and you may be unlucky and do even worse.

I think 2 x $25 batteries in a year is very good value. It doesn't excuse disappointing products but nearly all these types of batteries are disappointing not to mention hit and miss.

For those of us still happy to vape at low power, we tend to avoid all these types.

It would also be fair to say that vaping stores (online/shop) like the brag about how long things 'might' last. They 'might' last 2 years or more if you use then gently, charge them well but not twice a day (!) and get lucky.

I'm sure there are horrible rip-off brands out there who will charge $80 for this type of e-cig and tell you it's good for 500 charges. After about 100 it's gone weak and then it's too late to complain. This is what happened with Vision Spinners in 2013-2015. My vape shop never promised anything. Brand shops will almost certainly promise the world, as they do.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Just to throw this in. I have bought about a dozen iJoy 650 mah VV clicker style batteries from MFS. cheap to buy but good batteries. after 10 months of using them they all still perform well and none dead so far. I have given about 1/2 of them away to get others onto vaping but still use the others with either Evod or T3 clearos. I can do 1 tank of juice in a T3 per battery charge. They adjust from 3.5 - 4.1 volts in 4 steps. At 4.1 they vape a 2 ohm coil nicely. 3.7 for a 1.8 factory coil is nice.
I have heard of more problems with the spinner types of batteries than with the non spinner types.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
batteries are like cars... some last for years, others are trashed as soon as you drive them 25000 miles....
built in battery mods are made to last 3-6 months of avg use. Replaceable battery mods style batteries can last 2-3 yrs before a loss of performance is noticed... I have a set of VTC4's Ive been using now for almost 3 yrs but Ive gone thru several Ego batteries within months..

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
My experience with ego style batts is that you begin to notice them getting weak or not lasting as long for a time before they just suddenly die. However, a full year on just 2 batteries is a perfectly understandable time frame. I would suggest a good cleaning on the battery thread area to make sure they make good contact with the charger.

I would also say that of the dozens of ego batts I have owned, the smok brand probably lasted the shortest time. I have also not had the best luck with variable batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread