• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e-cig explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Wong

Mar 2, 2016
What do you think guys?..If it exploded in my pants still ok, but kena face...

Attachments

• nintchdbpict000294811617.jpg
    nintchdbpict000294811617.jpg
    58.6 KB · Views: 197
  • nintchdbpict000294811621.jpg
    nintchdbpict000294811621.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 194

Anthony_Vapes

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2017
from what i read the guy had no business using a mech. the shop had built the coil for him a year ago and he used the same one for a year since he didn't have tools or anything. he went to get it rebuilt again and they couldn't because FDA regs so he did it himself and had a .06 ohm build on a 20 amp battery (LG HG2) so he put about 70 amps through it.

I mean i feel bad for the guy and it sucks for us as vapors but he needs to own up and be like I ....ed up and paid the price instead of running around blaming everyone else and trying to sue people

panxzz

Jan 26, 2017
Problem is when the federal government gets involved and does not allow the experts to build a proper coil for newbs like this guy. If the shop he frequents turns him away because of the new regulations and he ends up making a coil that is not safe because he has no idea what a safe coil is... who's fault is that?

IMO it's partially his own fault for not informing himself properly before attempting such a thing, especially with the dangers that could happen. Partially the gov't for not letting him reach out to the help that could build something safe for his rig.

badinfluence357

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 17, 2012
NYC
That's why we can't stress it enough to new vapers to learn about battery safety. Learn about ohms law and how it applys to your style of vaping. Learn how to build a coil correctly and how wire gauges and resistance apply to ohms. That's all it boils down to. Its not the gear the coil wire or the battery. Its the lack of knowledge, mantanace and improper use that puts the user in danger and ultimately leads to this..... People get hit by cars every day and 80% of the time is driver error. Thank god mods don't blow up in faces everyday but when it dose its usually user error..

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

dyanaprajna

ECF Veteran
Feb 6, 2017
Indiana
If you don't take proper driving classes and end up killing someone from your bad decisions, is it the vehicles fault? No, it's yours because you failed to learn. The same applies to e-cigs. If it blows up, it's either because you got a faulty product, or more likely, didn't know how to use it properly. If stories like this make people want to ban vapes, then they'll have to ditch their hypocracy and ban most technology.

dunicorn

Jan 10, 2017
Singapore
My mech costs more than my dna 250... hahaha

I love using mech's for its ease of use and simplicity. Nothing to break!
lol.. except your jaw when you forgot the ohm's law and care..
i wont go mech mods just in case i feeling tired 1 day n forgot about the temp...

just be careful bro. vape safe!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Reactions: The_Wong

panxzz

Jan 26, 2017
i wont go mech mods just in case i feeling tired 1 day n forgot about the temp
This is why I don't use any of my mechanical mods anymore, it just doesn't make sense. I have so many different batteries and so many different mods to put them in that I might as well be putting them into regulated mods where I don't have to worry

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
e-cigs don't explode.

( The correct term is 'thermal runaway', btw :D )

The batteries in them do. Just like they do in cellphones ( Galaxy S7), laptops, tablets, and recently, in a headphone.

Batteries have come a long way. Most folks still think in terms of the 'A' and 'AA' non-rechargeable batteries that barely manage to power a flashlight ( or your favourite ...toy :D ) . Like comparing a kid's tricycle with a racing bike...

If you jingle 18650's unprotected with your small change ( happened ) , you shouldn't be surprised when familiy planning options get severly reduced.

If your mod isn't protected, then your knoweldge is your protection.

Know hat you're doing - vape on.

TheHouseKeeper

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2017
Lala land
e-cigs don't explode.

( The correct term is 'thermal runaway', btw :D )

The batteries in them do. Just like they do in cellphones ( Galaxy S7), laptops, tablets, and recently, in a headphone.

Batteries have come a long way. Most folks still think in terms of the 'A' and 'AA' non-rechargeable batteries that barely manage to power a flashlight ( or your favourite ...toy :D ) . Like comparing a kid's tricycle with a racing bike...

If you jingle 18650's unprotected with your small change ( happened ) , you shouldn't be surprised when familiy planning options get severly reduced.

If your mod isn't protected, then your knoweldge is your protection.

Know hat you're doing - vape on.

This is awesome....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread