E-cig making heartburn ? dizziness ? why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edy

May 14, 2011
israel
I sold a new Riva SE kit with Liberty flights liquids PV 8 mg nicotine , after 2 weeks vaping i called him 1 hour ago to ask him how's going on , he told me that he sold the Riva kit and went back to analogs because he was getting sudden dizzy and lots of heartburn , what's going on ? i told him everything how he must use the e-cig and i told him from the start to vape slowly and not fast vapes at the start and i also i told him to drink water and all other important steps , he says he made everything i told him and that didnot prevent the heartburn and dizziness , i kinda feel bad that he suffered because of me :( , that was the last time i recommend the e-cig to my friends , i am still vaping because i smoke non nicotine liquid and i dont vape too much , only with coffee 2 or 3 times per day thats all, i had no problems like he did , any advice ??

NicLiq

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2011
Twin Cities, MN
nicliq.blogspot.com
It was not smoking cigarettes that gave him heartburn and dizziness. Some people react very badly to quitting, it's like their bodies scream to start smoking again. All you could do is reassure him that he would keep getting better the longer he didn't smoke. You didn't cause this, so don't be upset.

8 mg liquid is very mild, he shouldn't have noticed symptoms of too much nicotine.

Dalton63841

Moved On
Feb 14, 2011
Maine
It was not smoking cigarettes that gave him heartburn and dizziness. Some people react very badly to quitting, it's like their bodies scream to start smoking again. All you could do is reassure him that he would keep getting better the longer he didn't smoke. You didn't cause this, so don't be upset.

8 mg liquid is very mild, he shouldn't have noticed symptoms of too much nicotine.

Haha Yea I would have to say you are right! I remember feeling pretty crappy the first week I stopped analogs entirely...Heartburn, dizzy, neausous, my throat was as dry as the Gobi desert... After the first week though, everything was great.

P.S. If his body is reacting like that, he should probably use a stronger nic liquid. His body wants the nicotine, and it's not getting enough.

UntamedRose

PV Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2010
Homeish now
Heart burn and dizzy are possible side effects from Quitting smoking. Especially if he had heartburn while smoking, it's likely to flair up when trying to quit. Dizzy is from the increase in blood supply to the brain And/or Nic withdraw.

I think he needs to give it another shot, with a higher mg nic level.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Hey Edy - i wouldn't feel bad if i were you. A bit of heartburn and dizziness wouldn't stop me from getting off of analogs. Sounds like maybe he "wanted" to continue smoking really.
I do get heartburn occassionally but i know that is from vaping my carts dry. Took me a while to realise that was the reason for my heartburn. Funny, i'd stopped eating bread cos i thought it was that..lol

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
1. Occasionally someone is allergic to PG. (Propylene Glycol)

2. It is possible to overdo nicotine even at low levels if one vapes non-stop or smokes and vapes
(headache, dizziness, racing or irregular heartbeat, etc)

3. 8mg is very very low. It is possible he was suffering withdrawal from nicotine (and the 4000 other chemicals in cigarettes). That happened to me once in the hospital before someone offered me nicotine patches. I got very anxious and panic-y and felt like I couldn't breathe well. Smart nurse recognized it as nicotine withdrawl and asked if I smoked then gave me a nicotine patch.

4. Also - Riva may come with LR attys - perhaps he would prefer standard resistance

5. And did you tell him about the awful primer on new atomizers and how to get it off by blowing out, priming w/ juice, waiting, vaping without inhaling, blow out, repeat? That stuff is awful - like breathing burning oil.

6. Occasionally someone just has a panic attack related to potential failure

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread