E Cig Prohibition Efforts

Status
Not open for further replies.

odoe

Oct 3, 2011
seattle, wa
Hi, I am a new user of E-cigs. I am also a smoker. I have been thoroughly enraged at the anti tobacco hysteria that has been encouraged and has taken over in the public debate in this country. Now that a viable alternative to tobacco has been found, there is prohibition efforts against that too. There are only bogus excuses that are offered by the prohibitionists. Most of them center around "concerns for public health". The excuses given are usually far exaggerated from the truth. This is a common tactic when someone is trying to encourage opposition. What it seems to me to be is the anti-everything mindset that also opposes alcohol consumption, pot smoking, or anything else that results in enjoyment.

I live in King County in Washington State. These Bozos on the County Health Board passed an ordinance banning e-cigs from all places where smoking is banned. Their excuse? Law enforcement would have too difficult a time distinguishing e-cigarettes from real cigarettes. Next, they came up with the excuse that they didn't want to undermine their anti-smoking efforts by letting people see others who "appear" too be smoking. What a crock of you know what! I'm sick of it!

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
LOL, wasn't your your Mayor just at HempFest? But God Forbid they support e cigs. Right. Don't worry too much, let them try to pry our PV's out of our dead cold hands! They WON'T win this one! The word is out and there are too many of us ready to fight. They may make it harder for us but they can't make us stop!

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
let them try to pry our PV's out of our dead cold hands!
Colddead-fp.jpg

sodapopinski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2011
Montreal
I wasnt even trying to quit nor did I want to, when i got my first ecig. And then i tried it and quit smoking on the spot. To me there is nothing better then ecig to quit smoking without taking away the pleasure of puffing on something yummy.

And yea it angers me when people try to ban something they dont understand and never even tried....

erictho

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2011
Edmonton
i read another online article discussing pv's and smoking bans. one health official was quoted as saying that using pv's in order to avoid smoking bans was a concern. in his comment he notes that smoking bans motivate individuals to give up smoking as a habit. it seems like the fight against tobacco has conditioned the opinion that smoking in general is offensive and dangerous to health. which is kind of funny since between tobacco sales, fines, and anti-smoking campaigns the whole endeavor is one revenue building beast.

brittanyNI

ECF Veteran
Jun 21, 2011
New England
All that you mention above are merely the results of an over-crowded planet.

I don't think the problem is with quantity so much as quality.

It's sort of funny that the cops they hire can't distinguish an e-cig from a real one; but that becomes a lot less funny when it is then evident that cops that unobservant -- armed and armored persons -- also might not be able to distinguish between a road flare and a stick of dynamite or a person reaching for a wallet as opposed to a gun.

I suggest they hire smarter public servants instead of restricting freedom to compensate for stupidity.

The problem isn't too many people, it is too many STUPID people; and it is high time we stopped them from running the show just because by definition half of all people are below median.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread