1. Win Vaping gear! The ECF 15 Millionth Post contest

We are fast approaching the 15 millionth ECF post and we have a contest to celebrate this huge landmark and amazing prizes to give out to our members! Head over to the official contest thread to see the rules and check out the prizes generously pledged by our registered suppliers on the prize announcement thread.

E-Cig Success Rate?

Discussion in 'Polls' started by nitewriter, Feb 13, 2009.

?

E-Cig Success Rate?

1. I've completely quit analogs with e-cigs

2. I've cut down on analogs use with e-cigs

3. I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. nitewriter

nitewriter Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I thought a poll might give us some idea of the quitting success rate percentages. These numbers might be useful in our future.

I've seen several people say that they have completely quit smoking with e-cigs. I've seen others say that they still smoke analogs along with e-cigs, and a few that have said they use them to smoke in pubs and other places where analogs are banned.

If you've used them to just cut down, please add a note as to how much you've cut down.

2. Steph2323

Steph2323 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Since charging my first ecig, I have not smoked an analog. Had smoked for 30 years a pack to pack and a half a day.
    Stephanie

3. lorie1482

lorie1482 Full Member

I just hope I stay off analogs for good this time!!!!!

4. BadSeed

BadSeed Super Member ECF Veteran

I've seriously cut down, but not quite quit. A pack of 20 is lasting me nearly all week now rather than just one day though.

5. tribalmasters

tribalmasters Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Half a year with no analog, before I knowi t hopefully it will be a year!!! :)

6. Kitabz

Kitabz Super Member ECF Veteran

I'm down from 25-50 Camels a day to between 3 and 10 (depends if I'm out and about or not; still feel a bit stupid using an e-cig in public).

Funny thing is, real cigarettes are starting to feel very harsh now-a-days, I love the smoothness of e-cigs (and absolutely adore the flavours - vanilla ice cream at the moment - truly gorgeous)

But I still get a "hit" off real cigarettes that I don't get off e-cigs. There is something else in them I'm sure (or perhaps it's just minor CO poisoning!) However, I find that if I vape enough, I'd still like a real cigarette but I don't want/need one (make sense?).

The one thing these have given me is hope. After having failed to quit more times than I can count, e-cigs have given me hope that it is possible without losing my mind.

7. Sun Vaporer

Sun Vaporer Moved On ECF Veteran

Not only did the e-cig allow me to quit after many failed attempts with all the garbage patches, gum, and drugs (talk about vivid dreams--ouch)--the e-cig has been an exciting adventure and very interesting. The other products are a joke and simply do not work for most of us in my opinion---Sun:thumb:

8. CssReb

CssReb Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi my name is Carole and I'm an e-cigaholic

I have been analog free for 47 days

:thumbs:

[​IMG]

:thumbs:

NYC Price per pack $8.25

[​IMG]

9. mace bewley

mace bewley Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

been of analogs since i started vaping, but my NJOY is about dead.
    god i hope my KB gets here soon, i don't want to have to go back to analogs for anytime at all.

10. lostit

lostit Full Member Verified Member

I am trying but I still feel that I need a analog I don't know why then feel disapointed as I really did not need it.

11. Kitabz

That's exactly right, it's so confusing.
    I can be vaping away for ages then (unconsciously almost) reach for a real one. Mostly I'll not have one but now and then I will and be disappointed - you've hit the nail on the head there. But why, is it just habit that makes us want one?

12. lostit

lostit Full Member Verified Member

I think it must be habit as I do not enjoy analogs I get nothing from them. There has to come a time when my brain will accept this and let me get on with my e cigs

13. Houdini

Houdini Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I've totally quit after 30 years/pack a day. I can't believe it and my wife can't believe it. I don't even want an analog cig but if I had any I might have smoked some. I started e-cigs the same day I ran out of analog and just have never bought any more so the e-cig is working fine.

14. Kitabz

I hope you're right. I'm excited by the prospect, truly.

15. JustJulie

JustJulie CASAA Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Today is Day 16 of my tobacco-free life . . . and Day 18 with e-cigs. :)

I had a 2+ pack a day habit for 30 years and had tried everything to quit.

In fact, I had given up on the idea of quitting. I figured e-cigs would help me cut down on my analog use, but almost immediately I realized that vaping satisfied a lot of my smoking urges, and I could quit . . . and so I did. :)

16. tribalmasters

You guys are the best. Its great to see the ecig helping so many cut back or quit the analogs alltogether.

17. nitewriter

I was smoking 2.5 - 3 ppd. for close to 40 years. I got my Penstyle from Puresmoker the 2nd week in Dec and used it to taper down to 2 - 3 cigs per day by New Years Eve. I haven't had an analog this year.(YAY)

It gets easier to stick to e-cigs because the analogs get nastier tasteing. I still find myself reaching for them out of habit, but definitely don't miss them.

18. tribalmasters

I admit I was given the challenge of lighting quite a few cigarettes on a toaster one night in about November for a chain smoking guest who forgot her lighter, of course there was alcohol involved and I...dare I say it...I mouthed a little smoke and it was disgusting!!!!! So disgusting to me that I didn't inhale and immediately pulled out my pink 901 :) I guess the more time goes by whilst vaping the nastier and nastier the analogs get! Thats another good thing, it gets easier the longer one has vaped I guess.

19. nitewriter

Tribal- Alcohol and all, you've been successful for a long time. You should be proud of yourself and your counter. A lot of money saved too!

It doesn't bother me to be around someone smoking analogs now, as far as making me want one. I no longer have urges for them at all. It just makes me realize how much they stink.

20. sixstring

sixstring Senior Member ECF Veteran

For me, (and I imagine some others) it's situational.

I was down to 3 or 4 analogs a day in October-November of '08 from 25-35 a day.

Then my Dad's health got worse, Christmas and all of the associated "pressures" ensued, and now I'm back to almost a pack a day.

As I've stated before, when this "dark" period of my life is over, I'll probably be able to vape more and smoke less. Stress is a BIG part of falling back to old habits - IMHO...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.