• I only use e-cigs where I can't use analogs

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

youfillintheblank

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Ontario, Canada
i'm in a grey area. I rarely smoke any analogs. I will have a cigar once in a while, now that i'm working again I'll probably indulge in a few for my commute. The last time I really smoked cigs was when I went to see AC/DC a few weeks ago. I didn't want my M401 or homemade magnum confiscated! Of course smoking is banned at that venue now, so I hid in the toilet like everyone else for my smokes. Never got busted.

I really notice that smoke smells different now. Like it did before I started smoking. i actually like the smell of sidestream smoke....the smoke that trails off the end of a cigarette.

Last edited:
It has been 16 days for me. Not a single drag of tobacco since I got my e-cigar, which was soon followed by a 901.

I had been a smoker since I was 14 (I am now 41). I gave up cigarettes several years ago and moved to cigars. I was averaging about 10 cigars a day.

While the e-cig does not completely feel like smoking, it is really much better. Now I am just worried that e-cigs will be banned outright in the near future.

Nuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Doesn't this poll measure how ecig users are currently using ecigs as opposed to measuring quitting success rate?

I don't think it would be possible to have a realistic quitting poll on an ecig forum given that the people who fail would have very little motivation (outside of social) to even participate in the forum.

Just a thought.

GabbyD

ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2008
Southern U.S.
Best of luck to those of you trying to quit! I did not intend to quit at all when I bought this thing. But I immediately found myself surviving on 3 or 4 cigs a day instead of 30! About a month later, I decided to give quitting a try. Only smoking outside helped that effort as I am inherently lazy (LOL!) and don't like the cold weather. When I first challenged myself to have a full day without any cigs, I worked through a couple of those cravings just by telling myself to sit down and use the e-cig and wait about 15 minutes before making a decision. When I asked myself after 15 minutes if I still wanted to put on a coat and shoes and go outside, the answer was no. Voila, day one. So that's sort of how it worked for me and then day 3 seems to be a tough time for a lot of people, for some reason. Once I got past that, I was excited to see my counter change and now, I have no temptations even though occasionally I have a craving. It's just not difficult to get through it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread